PDA

View Full Version : Help with Logbook and 8710 forms

rflight2u
8th Oct 2006, 03:18
Hey all I got an interview with cx on the 8th of oct. My log books where stolen and I have only flight time from 2004 on. I have imported them all into logbook pro. I have guessed on previous flight time to attempt to get my flight back up to where it suppose to be.
Additionally I have mailed faa to get my previous 8710 form. However, they said it would be 6-8 weeks... What should I do...does it matter?

CaptainGSR
8th Oct 2006, 14:33
Have a letter from your current employer certifying all the flight time for that particular employer at least.
I use flight level 2002. I printed my logbook and had my Chief pilot sign the last 6 pages or so, but it was not enough. They want a letter with company letterhead.
As far as losing the earlier logbooks it might not be such a big problem. The CAD only wants proof of certain things like Instrument Flying/Cross Country/Night/PIC...etc.... You should have logged enough flight time in the past 2 years to cover their minimums.
The only problem might be your long 7 hour Cross Country.

Gravox
9th Oct 2006, 00:58
I had miss placed my log books prior to my first interview, and called monica to tell her of my situation. She was very negative and told me that this would cause great troubles with CAD as they needed proof of my flight training and flight tests, etc etc.

The recruiters in the interview told me to get as much of my previous flight time from print outs etc from previous employers as possible to help the CAD.

I would still take the interview with CX. Tell them your predicament and what actions you have already done in preparation for the interview. The first interview is to assess if you have the 'right stuff', and I don't think they will cross your name off the list for having your previous log books stolen.

Best of Luck.
oh btw i found my log books. So didn't have the dramas of having to find my previous experience.