PDA

View Full Version : Sweeties

candoo
7th Oct 2006, 01:18
Oh my god!

After an alcohol fuelled Sunday afternoon Mrs Candoo and I decided to order some sweeties from a certain website well known for it's "classic sweets".

The artic has arrived and deliverd.

Flying Saucers by the bucket, prawns by the panload, black jacks by the...

Also have Sherbet Dib Dabs, Mojos, Refresher chewies, cough candys (proper), lemon bon bons, space poppers, white mice, double dips...still looking for those things with multicolour wrappers on sticks, traffic lights we think?

We are totally EEEEE'd out man cannot sleep, now we appreciate why they should not be fed to peeps of a less strong constitution.

We pity the the children of the modern age cos we still love pink prawns the best.

Did we miss anything?

AerBabe
7th Oct 2006, 10:28
Ahh... do you mean "113.4 grams"? I have visited there a few times.
Mulitcolour wrappers on sticks? Could be Drumsticks.

You forgot fizzy cola bottles, rhubarb and custards, Parma Violets... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Flash0710
7th Oct 2006, 10:34
There is no way you had a purely alcohol fuelled night. There is only one reason you order a boat load of sweets......or any food really......:E :E :E :E :E

Hello Pizza yeah a HUGE one please........:} :} :} :} :}

My mates daughter hides the Haribo now coz i always nick the cola bottles.....

luv

xx

f

Foss
7th Oct 2006, 13:06
Jesus, flying saucers, I feel like I'm in shorts and wear a school cap.
Sherbet dib dabs.
Space Dust.
Licourice (sp) pipes.
And I've got some refreshers next to me.

Could you pm the website, or post it?
Fos

gas path
7th Oct 2006, 13:12
Foss 'tis easy to work out, something to do with a quarter of a pound:ok:

AerBabe
7th Oct 2006, 13:45
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/gfx/abc_letters.jpg

These were one of my favourites. Click on Properties to find where the picture is from (for those who didn't get the other clues to the website).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
7th Oct 2006, 13:46
Licourice and blackcurrent :ok: - and the proper knob-end purple ones, not the pasty, wimpy export only, no harmful chemicals ones :yuk:

colmac747
7th Oct 2006, 14:14
Click on Properties to find where the picture is from

I'll wager the piccie came from A Quarter Of.. (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/)?

erm:ouch:

candoo
7th Oct 2006, 14:20
Sorry for tardy response but we rolled outta bed not long ago and were shocked and bemused by the images presented in the bathroom mirror, think Barbara Cartland with extra lipstick.

Just for fun we tried the Space Dust today - it does not remove red wine stains from teeth, trust us.

Aerbabe thanks you are correct :ok:

Having delved a little deeper into the now full sweet room, we do have Bazooka Joe buggle gum (no gifts for tokens though :( ), Curly Wurlies, and did we mention white mice, particularly popular in the Candoo household.

We ain't even scratched the surface yet!

colmac747
7th Oct 2006, 14:27
Wham Bars.

http://www.sweetstall.com/acatalog/whamsml.jpg

Guaranteed tooth rot:ok: :E

candoo
7th Oct 2006, 14:57
Think these cover about half of it!

Will post in a minnit!

G-CPTN
7th Oct 2006, 15:29
You'll have to be more specific (for us, MHL) as all we're seeing is your login page).

candoo
7th Oct 2006, 15:40
G-CPTN

You is right.

Humphh - double checked and all that, have I been outed cos I canna afford a nick.

G-CPTN
7th Oct 2006, 15:43
No, you need to 'open' the piccie in your photobucket a/c and then copy the URL addie from the picture 'window' (below the piccie) and paste it into an 'IMG' statement in Proon (or copy and past JUST the IMG addie).

27mm
9th Oct 2006, 07:09
Don't forget the Milk Maid toffees and while you're at it, can you get them to send me a Jamboree Bag?

lexxity
9th Oct 2006, 09:09
Isn't that just the greatest website ever? Must put an order in again.

What were those funny little sweets, like Parma Violets but the nice multicoloured ones? Also they need to add smarties made with the additives and in proper tubes. I fully intend to raise my little man on proper sweeties, not these new fangled all the bad stuff taken out rubbish we see now.

frostbite
9th Oct 2006, 12:58
Love Hearts?

yadadayad

The SSK
9th Oct 2006, 13:21
http://www.uncle-joes.com/images/tin.gif

OPSQUEEN
9th Oct 2006, 13:26
I think they were the ones made by Swizzel Matlows and had a funny smell

handysnaks
9th Oct 2006, 13:28
a quarter of http://www.atasteofhome.com.au/images/rasberry%20ruffles.jpg For me:)

Bahn-Jeaux
9th Oct 2006, 13:51
Swizzlers, hmmm, and winter mix and pear drops and hypo attack coming on....

LJ.543
9th Oct 2006, 14:28
These sweeties are all very well but what about a 'Jubbly' to wash them down with. Better still, a frozen Jubbly. Yup, I can show my age with the best of them.

:}

LJ

OPSQUEEN
9th Oct 2006, 14:41
Orange Jubblys - huge triangular boxes with very thick shiny cardboard that you could never open, so had to go back to the shop to ask for scissors, and when you got half way through the cardboard was all soggy and you ended up eating half of it.

Top of the Hit Parade has to be Magic Wands - 1p each - licorice sticks (I think that's how you spell it) and flavoured sherbert inside, to die for.

A must every day coming home from school.

My local garden centre still stocks them !!!

Rather be Gardening
9th Oct 2006, 14:59
Coconut mushrooms, Caramac, and Green Apple drops so sour it makes my mouth water thinking of them. Anyone else have a near-death experience by accidentally inhaling a sherbet fountain? Best treat was eating an Aztec in layers.....

Bahn-Jeaux
9th Oct 2006, 15:55
Couldnt resist, 25's worth on its way to the BJ household.
Hmm, kop kops, winter mix.

lexxity
9th Oct 2006, 18:10
I know what I want for christmas.

Scrummy. (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=kilner&search_in_description=1?osCsid=6bb6838ff0b4023bfe640453b3550 750)

Found the ones I was on about. (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/fizzers-p-43.html)
Remember them?

I remember these. (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/bubblegum-c-6.html)

OPSQUEEN
9th Oct 2006, 19:10
Coconut mushrooms, Caramac, and Green Apple drops so sour it makes my mouth water thinking of them. Anyone else have a near-death experience by accidentally inhaling a sherbet fountain? Best treat was eating an Aztec in layers.....

Dare I say that Kate Moss might be able to answer that one re the sherbert fountain? In her favour of course - the papers got it wrong. Sherbert dips could not be compared with. They always looked like a firework, Yellowly paper tube and a black bit sticking out of the top - excellent.

candoo
9th Oct 2006, 19:17
Blimmin complicated this piccie posting!

Yum Yum

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/mhleckie/sweeties/06-10-07_14-241.jpg

More yum yum!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/mhleckie/sweeties/06-10-07_14-25.jpg

Mr Lexx
9th Oct 2006, 20:29
I am trying to get Lexxity to buy me the big assortment box.......I do not think it is excessive at all!

Flying Saucers, 250g
Anglo Bubbly, 250g
Fried Eggs, 250g
Golf Ball Bubble Gum, 250g
Sherbet Pips, 250g
Black Jacks, 250g
Gobstoppers, 250g
Kola Kubes, 250g
Milk Teeth, 250g
Water Bombs
2 Dip Dabs
2 Sherbet Fountains
2 Rainbow Drops
3 Sherbet Filled Fruits
2 Super Candy Whistles
3 Wham Bars
4 sachets of Space Dust
4 tubes of Mini Love Hearts
4 Refreshers Chews
4 tubes of Mini Parma Violets
4 Drumsticks Lollies
2 boxes of Candy Sticks

candoo
9th Oct 2006, 21:03
Mr Lexx

I'm sure you could always reciprocrate with gifts highlighted earlier.

Be warned I am sure my teeth are hurting after over indulgement!

AcroChik
9th Oct 2006, 21:06
After a student soloed last month he gave me a basket of...

http://www.franschocolates.com/catalog/product.asp?cid=3

Insanely expensive. Insanely delicious.

Don't think they deliver to the UK. Sorry.

frostbite
9th Oct 2006, 21:06
If you eat it all in one go, you surely will reciprocate!

Foss
9th Oct 2006, 21:22
Parma Violets should be banned by the UN as sweets of mass revulsion.

Unfortunately I made a huge error and phoned my brother in Europe
'YOU CAN BUY SPACE DUST WHERE WHERE?? WHAT ABOUT STAR BARS?
He's now trying to write this on an organiser lap top pad with a wee plastic pencil. I know this because I can hear him muttering, 'stupid effing bloody effing thing bloody work, wifi my arse'
Then he asks 'can you send some Maltesers, and maybe some Chewits'
Fos

lexxity
10th Oct 2006, 09:22
Acro it's ok, American chocolate is nothing like as good as British stuff. Although I must admit that it does look good.

tiggerific_69
10th Oct 2006, 10:51
does anyone remember the name of four multicoloured balls,kind of resemblant of a lollipop but not bigger than 1cm in diameter,and there was 4 in each individual pack and normally quite sticky??
also those plain white sticks that always had some kind of football card attached to the box??
i am SO going to have to go to my local newsagent and spent a fortune on sweets :}

lexxity
10th Oct 2006, 15:07
oohh I remember those ball things, they were made by swizzels IIRC. Weren't the plain white sticks candy ciggarettes?

Standard Noise
10th Oct 2006, 15:27
Tried that particular website a few times, but they cannot satisfy my urge for Clove Rock or Mint Bullseyes. Theirs are not very palatable, but there is an excellent sweetie shop in Cheddar which makes all it's own boiled sweeties. Mint Bullseyes to die for, but they don't do anything clovey:{ so I have to rely on food parcels from back home.
AQO does have some good stuff though.

tiggerific_69
10th Oct 2006, 15:43
thanks lady lexx.AFAIR they came in like multipack bags you would use for kids party bags and i used to nick em all :} and yes one day my smile will probably be like that too,just like candoo!

tiggerific_69
10th Oct 2006, 15:52
cant find them on the swizzels website :sad: :sad: :{ :{ but they do still have rainbow dust tho :ok:

lynchburglemonade
10th Oct 2006, 15:53
I love jelly beans the ones from the US in particular but really any sort of jelly bean does me out of the candies.

tiggerific_69
10th Oct 2006, 16:47
standard noise...

mint bullseyes

http://sweetsetc.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=47

:ok:

got myself some of the sweets i was looking for.they only come in the swizzler matlow multibags,and i got ONE packet of them in each multibag (i bought two bags lol) anyway,theyre called clippies :D and they dont sell them on their own :(

lexxity
10th Oct 2006, 20:51
I don't remember them being called clippies, but I'm sure they must be the right things. Little boiled sweet balls in yellow and purple and other enumber enhanced colours.:ok:

Foss
10th Oct 2006, 22:30
Brother has just phoned and wants Spangles.
'Oh sure, have my packet, I've only been carrying them for 20 years.'
'Oh - oh and get some fruity Polos, get some of those'
'What about Splicers, can you get those, I like them'
He probably last had them 25 years ago in the school tuck shop.
Fos

frostbite
10th Oct 2006, 22:54
I think they really shot themselves in the foot when they renamed Opal Fruits as Starburst.

OPSQUEEN
10th Oct 2006, 23:11
Check out

www.sweetiebag.com (http://www.sweetiebag.com)

you can still buy Dip Dabs, Candy Necklaces and Flying Saucers

candoo
11th Oct 2006, 00:52
Foss

Spangles and fruit polos, now somehow they slipped through the net, will not make that mistake again.

:} :} :} :} for the next year must renew dental insurance.

Standard Noise
11th Oct 2006, 01:14
Thanks tiggerific, but I'm stuck in Rad all night and my mouth is watering now.:{ :{

Bahn-Jeaux
11th Oct 2006, 08:02
Ha, 8am, just finished my night shift and I am waiting on my order being delivered today.
Got the crowbar ready to rap the kids knuckles if they dare go near the adults goodies.

S'mine. all mine.:}

tiggerific_69
11th Oct 2006, 09:43
oh you all make me laugh.my other half is sweet obsessed,i aint letting him near my new stash!!!
Standard Noise,guess you'll have to find this thread when you get home and order them then :ok:

Bahn-Jeaux
11th Oct 2006, 16:30
Gottem, hmm, kop kops, sherbert pips....sugar rush...:ok:

candoo
11th Oct 2006, 16:49
Expect lots of meaningless mutterings from Bahn-Jeaux over the next couple of hours.

Thread drift I know but does anyone else, apart from me, enjoy a cup of "Camp" coffee made with hot, full on fat, milk just before bed :ooh:

Standard Noise
11th Oct 2006, 18:36
Order complete! Mouth still watering though.:{

Foss
11th Oct 2006, 18:39
Camp coffee
:yuk::yuk: :yuk:
It's right up there with marmite. You may as well chew instant coffee.
:yuk: <---- just to be sure
Fos

tiggerific_69
11th Oct 2006, 20:13
lol Fos.but marmite is nice!!!!specially with a bit of cheese and then toasted :ok:
glad you got your order in Standard Noise, ive been munching on refreshers and fizzers this evening,look at my teeth already :}

G-CPTN
11th Oct 2006, 23:05
Camp Coffee (which I haven't had for decades) is (was) an acquired taste. I wouldn't choose it over REAL coffee or even Instant Coffee, but prefer it to Chicory (which I believe is the main constituent of Camp).
Smart feller on the bottle though . . .

Foss
12th Oct 2006, 11:20
Camp coffee label
First the Indian was serving the coffee, then he was having one too, then he was sitting down.
It'll be a gay, multi-racial marriage next. Now that's camp.

Polar glacier mints, where did they go. Just vanished. Was it global warming? It was never mentioned on John Craven's Newsround, it's a government conspiracy I tell you.
If any workmates read this, I'll be sectioned
Fos

lexxity
12th Oct 2006, 14:01
Dear me Glacier mints!

Fos, you bugger, I used to love them, not thought about them for years.

OPSQUEEN
12th Oct 2006, 14:08
Gentlemen

Do a search on Polar Glacier Mints and you will be in heaven for the rest of the afternoon. Or you can try

www.aquarterof.co.uk (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk)

Enjoy

lexxity
12th Oct 2006, 16:11
Who you callin' gentlemen?

Hurumph, but thanks anyway.

Foss
12th Oct 2006, 16:21
Must avoid Glacier mints.
Step 1. Eat glacier mint.
Step 2. Put on cardigan.
Step 3. Turn into my grandad.
Fos zimmer frame on order along with glacier mints

OPSQUEEN
12th Oct 2006, 18:32
Foss

Grandads eat Worthington sweets 'cos they get stuck well and truly in the dentures.

Polar Mints are used when you are in the biggest Motorway traffic jam in the world which is stressful enough, but then you start thinking I'd better eat this properly 'cos if it goes down the wrong way I'll start choking, go red in the face, and no-one will come and rescue me and I forgot my water, so the whole process is more stressful than the traffic jam.

Does anyone have any other events that relate to the eating of their favourite sweet> Come on, there's sod all on the box tonight :bored:

Foss
12th Oct 2006, 19:07
Sherbert fountains
The cardboard tube things with a stick of licourice in them.
They have immense comic value when your brother is nibbling the licourice bit.
Clap your hands strongly on the tube and he gets covered in sherbet.
Then he gets in trouble for getting crap all over the sofa/floor/clothes.
:E

Seeing a grown man explode into a furious rage because he's tried to open a pack of Super Sour sweets while wearing sailing gloves on a yacht and dropped them them overboard. Then going into a fairly impressive sulk.
Yip, me.

Fos They all laughed. One sod even hit the MOB button on the Sat nav

Mr Lexx
25th Oct 2006, 18:54
I am trying to get Lexxity to buy me the big assortment box.......I do not think it is excessive at all!
Flying Saucers, 250g
Anglo Bubbly, 250g
Fried Eggs, 250g
Golf Ball Bubble Gum, 250g
Sherbet Pips, 250g
Black Jacks, 250g
Gobstoppers, 250g
Kola Kubes, 250g
Milk Teeth, 250g
Water Bombs
2 Dip Dabs
2 Sherbet Fountains
2 Rainbow Drops
3 Sherbet Filled Fruits
2 Super Candy Whistles
3 Wham Bars
4 sachets of Space Dust
4 tubes of Mini Love Hearts
4 Refreshers Chews
4 tubes of Mini Parma Violets
4 Drumsticks Lollies
2 boxes of Candy Sticks

Remember this post? Well today is my birthday and I returned back from work to what can only be described as a chest of sweets!!!

I do not think I need any tea!

TBirdFrank
25th Oct 2006, 19:26
Well you could have shared a few out - we had dried your dogs out before you took them home!

There again when you are getting older you do forget things!

tiggerific_69
25th Oct 2006, 23:06
Happy Birthday Mr Lexx! Enjoy your sweets!