PDA

View Full Version : Citylynx in LTN

flap15
6th Oct 2006, 20:30
Hi

Just fishing for info on Citylynx which I believe are/will be operating CJ200 in LTN. If any one has any info on them or a direction in which to look it would be apreciated. I flew in GA for 10 years and after 6 in a Lo-Co I could do with a change.

Thanks, Flap 15

LB1985
6th Oct 2006, 23:41
I assume you mean Citelynx, who operate a Canadair Regional Jet (G-ELNX). I believe they, and the aircraft, are based in Farnborough.

Fried_Chicken
7th Oct 2006, 10:38
The CRJ has been operating from Luton recently, normally hangared with Signature.

This company also operate an ERJ135 (G-CDFS which isn't a Legacy variant) which is Luton based

FC

chevvron
8th Oct 2006, 08:48
Probably at Luton due to lack of weekend slots at Farnborough; see NOTAM C4366.

Bacon Slicer
9th Oct 2006, 08:09
Flap15 -

Steer well clear of this operation, few pilots stay very long due to chief pilots micro-management style of working. A Highly Secretive operation that could be likened to a cross between North Korea & the Brittas empire.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
9th Oct 2006, 08:11
The Challenger is visiting Luton more than usual as it has the contract to fly Arsenal to their domestic away games - the contract was previously with Flightline.

chevvron
9th Oct 2006, 10:10
Also flys Chelsea to domestic away games.

SiTurn
9th Oct 2006, 11:44
I had heard there was some link between Citelynx and TAG - maybe their AOC?? Can anyone shed some light on this? :confused:

Monkey Boy
9th Oct 2006, 15:34
From what I remember, the CRJ is operated on TAG's AOC (or certainly used to be), possibally because TAG have the Challenger 850 already on theirs which is essentially the same beast.

chevvron
16th Oct 2006, 11:37
The Embraer's just gone to Luton; Arsenal away in Moscow tomorrow; any connection?

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
16th Oct 2006, 16:12
Possibly, although the team went on something a little larger - a Titan 757.

Fried_Chicken
16th Oct 2006, 17:57
The CRJ has recently been undergoing Maintenance with FlyBE at Birmingham

The Embraer is semi-based at Luton & lives in the large Signature hangar when present

FC

Fried_Chicken
19th Sep 2007, 21:32
Any truth in the rumour Citelynx have closed down today (maybe only temporarily)?

Fried Chicken

AircraftOperations
20th Sep 2007, 06:33
I've certainly found them difficult to get hold of in the last few weeks - especially on Wednesday by phone.

I know the CRJ was due to be flying on Wednesday, but I can't see any flightplans for either aircraft today - which is quite unusual as they are normally quite busy.

buzzc152
20th Sep 2007, 10:08
See my last post a few weeks back on the thread called 'How long for a type rating course'.............. Citelynx have indeed closed down (although they tell me probably only temporary).

Shame that, as they were a decent bunch of blokes with some exciting plans.

Buzz

Flintstone
20th Sep 2007, 10:21
Having worked with a number of ex-crew from this company I am firmly of the opinion that you should stay well away.

Moot point really as TAG have suspended them from their AOC (again) as a result of their behaviour so I can't see how they'll be flying.

jamesarmstrong
20th Sep 2007, 10:27
they were still quoting their aircraft a couple of days ago but there is indeed no answer on the phones today. Shame as they do have a corner of the market pretty much to themselves in the UK at present.

and what "behaviour" resulted in them being suspended from the TAG AOC?

Flintstone
20th Sep 2007, 22:15
There's sharing information and giving out insider info and I'm not prepared to do the latter however it's now common knowledge that the principle of said company has declared himself insolvent.

Make of that what you will and I hope that those caught on the wrong side of this don't get too badly burned.

AfricanQueen236
24th Sep 2007, 15:42
I have heard on the vine that some brokers have been severley affected by the demis of Citelynx. Can anyone confirm?

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
24th Sep 2007, 20:30
I'm sure that's the case. Fairly unique aircraft in the charter market.
I bet there are a couple of football teams (or their brokers) looking for new aircraft for upcoming matches as well.

jamesarmstrong
25th Sep 2007, 08:45
agree, hoping nobody has been left up to their eyes in it.... :{

Fried_Chicken
25th Sep 2007, 20:06
I'm guessing Scot Airways & Eastern may have picked up some work but both of these only operate turboprop aircraft.

I think bmi have picked up some Football work, especially at weekends when their Embraers aren't too busy.

Any idea who actually owns Citelynx's aircraft at the moment?

Fried Chicken

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
25th Sep 2007, 23:00
Those 2 airlines were always pretty busy anyway. Don't forget Citystar and Icejet as well, with their mix of 328 props and jets.

And Citelynx seemed to have 1 or 2 clubs that had solid deals to use the aircraft.

Obviously, demand is subject to how many matches are being played on a night or across a weekend where the distance between the stadiums is 150 miles or more.

Some teams charter rail carriages, especially when playing games in London.

bab4630
29th Oct 2007, 12:51
hi. can anyone tell me whats happening with Citylynx in LTN? Ive heard there not easy to work for and the Chairman is difficult? :rolleyes:

Flintstone
29th Oct 2007, 13:03
Are Citylynx back? Last I heard they'd been closed down.

bab4630
29th Oct 2007, 14:19
could you tell me how long for? What problems did they have as they were doing so well i was lead to believe. I have heard the chairman was not an easy guy. I have tried to ring them on numerous occasions but no reply now i know why. can yiou shed more light on this crowd please?

farmer jo
29th Oct 2007, 17:43
They are history ! So nothing left to say ?

ATP

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
29th Oct 2007, 20:39
What's happening to the aircraft?

Who owns/owned them and where might they go?

bab4630
29th Oct 2007, 23:06
thats what i would like to know. Any idea who the administrators are? that would be a start.:hmm:

Fried_Chicken
5th Nov 2007, 19:27
What's happening to the aircraft?

The Embraer was still parked at Luton over the weekend

The CRJ has departed Luton but I don't know where to

Fried Chicken

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
6th Nov 2007, 18:40
The CRJ went to Cambridge 2 or 3 weeks ago. Don't know if it is still there.

bab4630
9th Nov 2007, 21:38
Neil mctaggart is the guy you need to talk to if its possible to get hold of him or the chairman (strange guy) A Mr m sparks of Bridport dorset. Worked for 'sparks' for a short while but phew now there's a guy with an attitude !! Whoever said "North korea, meets the Brittas empire was right". :ugh:

dc9-32
10th Nov 2007, 08:58
Neil is now in DXB - good luck to those he left behind. Maybe the CRJ will appear at a London Airport once used by Hurricans in WW2 :O

Fried_Chicken
7th Dec 2007, 17:00
The Emb135 finally departed Luton yesterday after a short period in storage. It was apparently ferried down to Portugal

Fried Chicken

Gulf4uk
7th Dec 2007, 18:31
HI

The CRJ G-ELNX arrived FAB last weekend as far as i know its still here
and pending change as on G-INFO

Potential change of Registered Ownership in progress

Ownership Status: Chartered
Registered Owners: CITELYNX TRAVEL LTD
C/O BDO STOY HAYWARD LLP, ARCADIA HOUSE
MARITIME WALK
SOUTHAMPTON
SO14 3TL
UNITED KINGDOM

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
7th Dec 2007, 19:44
G-CDFS - yes it went to Alverca for maintenance.

G-ELNX - was due to fly today but I don't know if it did.

bab4630
20th Dec 2007, 19:27
Any more new's anyone about Neil (citelynx) mctaggert? What's happend to the jets? who has them now? These guy's left a real headache behind them, easy for them i suppose.
Merry christmas to all :)

Gulf4uk
20th Dec 2007, 19:38
HI

G-ELNX has Departed Farnborough in last week or so cannot find exact date
but has not returned as far as am aware . no ownership change noted G-INFO

======================================
Registered Owners: EUROLYNX CORPORATION
THE ATRIUM
1 HAREFIELD ROAD
UXBRIDGE

Tony

Gulf4uk
8th Apr 2008, 11:51
HI

EX Eurolynx CRJ G-ELNX Has been cancelled To USA on 04/04/2008 N858TS
Last seen at FAB 12/03/2008

Tony

farnborough

Deep and fast
8th Apr 2008, 13:07
G cdfs is flying for bmi regional now, and hopefully with new paint in the near future :cool:

Gulf4uk
8th Apr 2008, 13:10
HI

Cheers for that looks like the end of the Eurolynx story

Tony