PDA

View Full Version : Ethiopian Airlines Contract issues (threads merged)

skytango1
17th Mar 2006, 12:50
hI AFRICAN ppruers ... Just curious any one know what that Airline is That has an ADVERT at the very top of this African FORUM?????

They looking for Skippys and KOJOS!!!! Any one kind enough to bring me to speeeeedddd!!! very much appreciated.

Cheers skytango1.......

LongJohnThomas
17th Mar 2006, 13:03
Hi,
If you were a bit patient, you would have seen that the Ad is for india.
I doubt if anyone in this region would know much about 'RAJEEF PATEL'.
Good luck though.
I have just been informed that i meybe wrong too, i ahve been told you may ask the boys in B3.

rwethereyet
18th Mar 2006, 09:46
Hi SkyTango1,
The advertisement by Direct for the 757/767 crews is for Ethiopian....check the website if you haven't already done so.....not very good pay though.....as a matter of fact, bad pay.....:ugh:

skytango1
18th Mar 2006, 12:48
rwetherewet///....

Thanx a lot mate and really appreciate.Do you know if they train and a type rate "YOU IF YOU WERE TO BE HIRED" ON non - type rated basis???I have actually NEVER EVER seen any advert of this Airline in my many years in this career. They really keep a lot of info "INHOUSE"" know what i mean...//
Al check out there website and see what they have to offer..

All the best rwethereyet and all send you a PM.... Cheers

Skytango1

rwethereyet
19th Mar 2006, 13:09
Hey SkyTango1,
According to the advert, you must be type rated and my guess is that they do type ratings for Ethiopians only.....
Hope this helps.....;)
Cheers,
R

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Mar 2006, 21:22
Spoke to an ET FO in Kigali a few years back. He went straight from Twotters onto the 737 and was happy with the training. Good bloke and sharp as a pin!:ok:

At the end of the day jet time is not to be sniffed at.:ok:

banjul
24th Mar 2006, 06:31
did nt you hear that 80% of those Ashantes returned home frustrated by the ' training' and the resistance of the et crew?
Think twice

bonman
30th Mar 2006, 17:14
Hi everybody

I am a B757/767 FO and thinking of flying for Ethiopian on a contract basis.
I would like to ask about the airline and the life over there,since I have never been there..
How is work, if training is ok, monthly flying, relations between crews etc.
The pay is not good, but can you live with US3700 in the country? How's life in Ethiopia? Are there any interesting things to do, or to see?Accomodation and transportation are provided.
Any other relevant info would be deeply appreciated

Thanks 4 any reply

ETStar
30th Mar 2006, 23:09
Can you live with US3700 in the country?!??!?! Seriously, this salary may not be "much" but believe me, you will live like a king in Ethiopia for that rate. Heck if you are smart enough you could live comfortably for US1000 per month and bag the rest.

Wondering where the opportunity is posted? Provide a link/source? PM if you prefer that. THx

muffler
31st Mar 2006, 09:31
am a B757/767 FO and thinking of flying for Ethiopian on a contract basis.
I would like to ask about the airline and the life over there,since I have never been there..
The pay is not good, but can you live with US3700 in the country? How's life in Ethiopia? Are there any interesting things to do, or to see?Accomodation and transportation are provided.

Thanks 4 any reply

Work ...too much
Training....Ask the the 11 Ghanians who went back home frustrated
Monthly flying...80 to 110 Hrs
Relations b/n crews....Hostile ( especially to non Ethiopians )
Live with 3700 ?........Absolutely ! and take half of it home !
An Ethiopian 76 cap take home is 1400 and no
accomodation.
Life ?.............. good..if at all you are off duty to live it ...unlikely!
Interesting things to do and to see?...... girls and girls ( beaware of
rampant HIV )
Relevant info.........have you heard of the series of bomb explosions
in the city last month and last week?

We take our sim there and discuss with their crews.
I think you will have taste of hell on earth if you go there when you get paid more than your cap
The rest of the people are friendly,cheap life good weather
Ask about the Ghana contingent before you go there.
Muff

M5-767
5th Apr 2006, 22:30
Hi everybody
I am a B757/767 FO and thinking of flying for Ethiopian on a contract basis.
Thanks 4 any reply

HI Bonman
I have just gone over there & have done the interview, sim & medical. You are right, the pay is the lowest that I have seen in any contract, but it is "very" cheap to live there. They pay for the Hilton on a B&B basis. I like the people and I am looking for an African adventure for my wife & I, so I think this will be perfect for me (us). To give you an example of the cost of living in the Ghion hotel where I stayed (the Hilton was full) at the main restaurant I had a salad, a bowl of soup and then the main course with me me paying for a bottle of red wine. The total price with the tip and tax was less than $10USD.

Good Luck

M5

robson767300
6th Apr 2006, 10:40
hi folks,

I am a Capt 767/757 and I am thinking about flying in Ethiopian,does any body have inf about that?

Thank´s for any help...:ok:

M5-767
6th Apr 2006, 12:16
I just got back from Ethiopian - if you want more send me your email & we can chat.

4HolerPoler
6th Apr 2006, 18:01
Haven't seen news of it on the forums but ET are putting two ex-Malaysian 747-400's into service from June. It's a five year lease. I'm guessing that their senior wide-body guys are climbing over each other to get on the Big Moma so I'm sure they're (like everyone else) going to need additional drivers. I just can't see them paying much.

4HP

M5-767
6th Apr 2006, 18:43
The 747's are a full wet lease I was told.
They need the 767 guys now because some of their guys are emmigrating to UAE.
The way it goes in that part of the world

captain cumulonimbus
6th Apr 2006, 21:34
well i'm a 1900/200 driver...low(ish) TT but looking for a bit of fun...what are the chances?

M5-767
6th Apr 2006, 21:42
HI Guy

I'm afraid I don't know what your chances are of getting into this contract. All I know is that DPI is looking after this one and this is the 2nd real contract I have had from them and I have no complaints there.

I personally am looking forward to this contract as my wife and I want to explore Africa before I retire and this a great way to do it. The money is poor, but for me it is OK. If you want to talk about it private email me your Skype name and we can talk.

M5

ES MILLS
7th Apr 2006, 07:50
Hi guys, looking forward to meeting anyone joining ET. Always available to give a quite orientation. Lots of surprises though

ES MILLS
7th Apr 2006, 07:51
guys can post me details when in Addis.

THOMAS DUCK
7th Apr 2006, 08:13
I have a copy of the T'S and C'S here.
It wasnt good enough to tempt me but if you would like to see them PM me your mail address and I will forward them on.
Good Luck

dynasty744
10th Apr 2006, 10:04
We hear that Air Atlanta will be operating the 747-400's, 2 of them, from 15th June. Does anybody know which routes they will be operating?

ETStar
10th Apr 2006, 10:09
Sabre shows ops to Lagos, Dubai, Kinshasa, Brazaville and Luanda.

Any word on these taking up ET's colorscheme? One would think so if lease is for 5 years... but then again, ET had operated an albino 763 for years!

Gustaviation
12th Apr 2006, 00:47
:confused: do we have some briefing about the interview with Ethiopean.

am a B757/767 FO and thinking of flying for Ethiopian on a contract basis.

Thanks 4 any reply

Work ...too much
Training....Ask the the 11 Ghanians who went back home frustrated
Monthly flying...80 to 110 Hrs
Relations b/n crews....Hostile ( especially to non Ethiopians )
Live with 3700 ?........Absolutely ! and take half of it home !
An Ethiopian 76 cap take home is 1400 and no
accomodation.
Life ?.............. good..if at all you are off duty to live it ...unlikely!
Interesting things to do and to see?...... girls and girls ( beaware of
rampant HIV )
Relevant info.........have you heard of the series of bomb explosions
in the city last month and last week?

We take our sim there and discuss with their crews.
I think you will have taste of hell on earth if you go there when you get paid more than your cap
The rest of the people are friendly,cheap life good weather
Ask about the Ghana contingent before you go there.
Muff

Jamborjp
18th Apr 2006, 04:33
hey, can I get some details about getting in with Ethopian??? I have about 1000TT with all FAA certificates...and a Kenyan Citizen. Please help???

Boeing737jock
8th Jul 2006, 13:41
Hello folks

I will have interview with Ethiopian Airline soon!

anyone got news about the roster? pay? condition? interview profile?

cheers

:ok: :E

michaelknight
8th Jul 2006, 15:06
Sorry can't answer your question, but are thet just looking for captains?

MK

Boeing737jock
10th Jul 2006, 16:19
I believe they are looking for experienced driver on B737-NG right and left!:ok:

wigwag
26th Jul 2006, 13:29
Sorry but done a search and cant find much, would be interested myself

cheers

ww

Panama Jack
26th Jul 2006, 14:17
Seek and ye shall find:

http://www.flyethiopian.com/corporate/employmentopportunity.aspx

wigwag
26th Jul 2006, 15:04
Yes well done PJ

:D

ww

Purple Hayes
27th Aug 2006, 23:59
Saw they were looking for crews, anybody know anything about this operation. Pay rosters QOL anything ?????

Purple Hayes
28th Aug 2006, 18:07
surely someome knows something ??????

Alcohol Child
30th Aug 2006, 11:10
Hi all, Am considering applying to Ethiopian for a position on the B737 but they won't give me any details until I send them my paperwork (license etc) :ugh: . Can anyone let me know if this is worth while before I go ahead.

ETStar
31st Aug 2006, 00:04
Hi all, Am considering applying to Ethiopian for a position on the B737 but they won't give me any details until I send them my paperwork (license etc) :ugh: . Can anyone let me know if this is worth while before I go ahead.

Are you applying directly or through a recruitment firm?

EtAF
7th Sep 2006, 20:50
They have the following vacany posted on their website for few weeks.
Pilots – B757/B767/B737
ETHIOPIAN is interested in hiring Pilots for its B757/B767/B737 airplanes. Candidates who have the following qualification are welcome to apply.

2,500 hours total flight time
1,500 hours pilot in command on commercial jet
500 hours or more command time on type (B757/B767/B737)
Unrestricted medical license and valid passport
FAA and/or JAA pilot’s license
Age not more than 57 years Interested applicants can e-mail their resume and, copies of their log book, passport, and licences to Mrs. Lia Belai at [email protected] ([email protected])

Saturn
6th Oct 2006, 19:53
Can anyone provide any info? They had a nice write up recently in airliners magazine and there website says they are looking for flight crew? Cheers.:confused:

EtAF
6th Oct 2006, 21:46
Good Luck!

Pilots – B757/B767/B737
ETHIOPIAN is interested in hiring Pilots for its B757/B767/B737 airplanes. Candidates who have the following qualification are welcome to apply.

2,500 hours total flight time
1,500 hours pilot in command on commercial jet
500 hours or more command time on type (B757/B767/B737)
Unrestricted medical license and valid passport
FAA and/or JAA pilot’s license
Age not more than 57 years Interested applicants can e-mail their resume and, copies of their log book, passport, and licences to Mrs. Lia Belai at [email protected] ([email protected])

vagabond 47
7th Oct 2006, 16:36
No money in it guys..........$5000 plus Per Diems for a NG Skip...African T&Cs.

EtAF
7th Oct 2006, 16:58
$5,000?

I doubt it is even that high. Pay is low at ET.

Resande
4th Nov 2006, 05:27
I would like to know the typical sequence schedules for contract 767 Captains at Ethiopian (number of days on duty, typical over-night locations, quality of hotels, etc). Stockholm is shown on the ET schedule, is this a real destination or interline arrangement? I'm aware of the dismal salary.

Also, any comments on the hotel accomodations at the base and general quality of life in Ethiopia would be appreciated. Thanks.

AF022
7th Nov 2006, 20:58
ET flies to Stockholm thrice weekly via Rome.

bond7
8th Nov 2006, 21:39
I understand Ethio Airlines r now hiring, anyone has any idea the minimum requirements for FO? And do u have to be a national or do they hire expats? Thx guyz

Gustaviation
28th Feb 2007, 11:01
Did you get information about the interview profile.:confused:

best regards

gmushtare
12th Dec 2007, 22:29
Hi,

I am looking for info on what I can expect if I accept the job. I retired early from American Airlines and have not flown for a while. Seems my only way back in is a hitch with EA. Look forward to any info you could supply or send me to a source.

Thanks,

Gordon

gmushtare
12th Dec 2007, 22:34
Hi,

I am a 767 guy thinking of interviewing at Ethiopian and taking a one year contract. Can you offer any info or a source I can go to for info.

thanks in advance.

seki
20th Jan 2008, 10:47
Hi! I can tell you it's an experience with lots of flying time a minimum of 90hrs most flights are night and you get the worst ones ,don't expect to enjoy your days since most of your time passes at work, life is cheap and the ladies are beautiful if you are looking for a hard earned one give it a try but I'm looking for better options after serving a long time..

seki
20th Jan 2008, 10:52
Hi you don't have to be a national but if you are content with the pay and get hired the experience is good!