PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta Contractors on strike!

C.I.T.
6th Oct 2006, 10:51
Finally they stand up and fight! Good luck!

freewebs.com/aaicontractors

It was about time.

captjns
6th Oct 2006, 23:12
The morons in management are so stupid that they still wouldn’t be able to find their sphincter muscle if you put your hand on the back of their head and put their nose on the damn thing.

AAIGUY
7th Oct 2006, 03:34
Well done guys......good luck

Formally Known As
8th Oct 2006, 17:13
Good luck and about time too.

Dutch74
9th Oct 2006, 14:20
This is long overdue. Good luck fellas and we stand with you! You may want to open a fund. I'd write ya a check right now. I've seen first hand your work environment and its definately below par.

Spanner Turner
10th Oct 2006, 05:01
Hi Guys,
Good luck with what lies ahead!
I was just curious to know if Air Atlanta had signed with Garuda to supply aircraft for the Hajj pilgrimage this year out of Indonesia? If so how many aircraft and out of what cities? Jakarta,Medan,Surabaya? If your management has signed off on providing aircraft, I'm sure they will be more than nervous at the moment as any flight cancellations will no doubt incurr huge contract penalties from Garuda.

Once again, good luck!

matkat
10th Oct 2006, 06:26
Good luck to You all having worked for Them I salute You, hope the maintenance Guys(non-fish, naturally) are with You.:ugh:

Podunk
10th Oct 2006, 20:25
That's pretty good, Guys! "Finally they stand up and fight" ??????????

C.I.T. pats its/his self on the back for a strike that hasn't occurred yet..... good on ya! :ugh:

Last time someone tried forcing a "contractor's union" with AAI, it was tears before bedtime and indeed, ended in tears for many. I fear this time will be no different, except we won't have P.K. and his infamous "tool", (to point fingers at. := The poison Leprechaun has already tried to warn/help you........ Iceland South will be happy to negotiate with you. (tongue in cheek comment for those who don't appreciate blatant sarcasm).

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on your 1 November "party" but you'd better all make your "sick-out" calls from the same phone at the same time to be certain to get the 30-100% participation you're hoping for. Most guys have bills to pay & this wildcat cr*pola just doesn't ring true in the hearts and minds of mortgage holders, no matter how longsuffering.

Spanner: Garuda management sent the AAI Hadj Bid team packing last month for showing up at the Mulia "sans invitation". No Hadj work for Garuda EVER again! Garuda Gen Mgr was NOT happy. Saudia (Egypt/Morocco/ .. maybe Surabaya, 3x742/3's), Air India (2 742's & 1 Scarebus), + 1 x 742 for Dhaka (Biman) is all you're likely to see. Even manning these should be interesting.

Veteran union organizers are welcome to point out any fallacies you can identify in the reasoning here. Convince me that I wouldn't be on the street in a New York (or Keflavik) minute, if I even hinted at a sniffle on St Swithens Day.

Not convinced, not impressed :hmm:

Paladini
10th Oct 2006, 20:41
Podunk! Sad comments, but true!
The Chief Ice-N*groids aren't going to roll over for a new batch of instigators, even though they (the self-appointed C.I.T.) share a common Scandinavian ancestry. Looking like an FFF guy is no protection.... being one is bullet-proof !
Most others will watch from the trenches while the nouveau Vikings rise to wave the flag and smartly bugger off back to SAS when they're sacked.
Mountain High and AAI, proper, have very long memories.
2 November will be far more interesting than the day prior.

Podunk
11th Oct 2006, 06:09
Contracts much better than they were a year ago. ...but obviously could be better for the trenches.

The GAP between the "contractors" and "Fish" is indeed a chasm, but hey, it's their train set. Would be much more economical for the company to reduce the locals package slightly than elevate the "masses". One day Iceland will realize who is actually keeping them afloat (PS: It ain't the FFF or the mid-Atlantic Tectonic plate!)

Stuff runs downhill, right? In our case, it just starts running downhill from well below the top. It must be a genetic thing. :ugh: Sadly, Arngrimmur let them (FFF) get too strong too early

Punitive terminations are definitely in the cards for the C.I.T. group. All it takes is one "MOLE" to rat on off-hand comment & you're on the beach. Just ask Earl. He only asked a question during an impromptu meeting and got the axe/arse.

Jerry O Springer
11th Oct 2006, 23:38
Hello Lads!

Aal moy AAI Contractors,
How d'Devil eire ya? Oy must tell ya dat me toughts eire wit ya troo dis difficult toyem.... But Oy'm feelin just a bit peeved dat one or two o ya'z still insistin on referrin t' me as
"D Poison Leprechaun".
Now lads, Oy prefer to see moyeself as yer Gerdian Angel. Have ye forgotten dat itz You Oy'em tinkin of?? Who do you tink it is oop till aal hours carefully constructin d caast oiren, nae Gold-Plated Poilot Caantracts fur AAI crews?

Its Me! Yes, me incloodin all dat leegl, foyenancial and moral protection fur ya Lads. The Devil, as dey say, is in d deetail. Now it daat very devil dat Oy'em troyin to supress, naat yer wages Lads. Naat Yer Wages!!

D point is its daat very Doiabolic deetail dats been misconstrued boy soom o ya as an eevl, wicked or sinful attempt to swindle ya. The agitation dats been caused boy joost d sinners among ya caasin unrest and unsavoury tings to arroive in d mail fur me... Its typical of d sadly disillusioned and oolimately faalen Crews wit no future. Poor loust soulz d loikz of Earl, PK an odders who had to boite d doost fur der foolish sins.

Oy'em, as ever, here t help y Lads and t'dat end Oy'ev set up an Onloyen Confessions Bax where all doze who've been tinkin, or heerin about d bad tings regeardin the Wickedness dat's afoot fur 1st November - yer strongly invoited to bare aal to me: [email protected] is where you must expose yr innermost uncleanliness whereupon B'Jeezs Lads! You have my J.O'S gaurantee dat each case will be presented, by mesel, to D hoyiest Autority (Iceland) for forgiveness and continuation of yer salaries will be prayed for ceaslessly Lads.
Now aal dis effort will necessitate the removal of a portion of yer payroll for a mere eternity, or until such toyem as Oy feel adequately recompensed fur savin yer earses once again. Whichever occurs sooner.

Just remember troo tik an tin, it You Oi'm Tinkin Of Lads..

IT YOU OI'YEM TINKIN OF !!!!!!!!!!!!

Podunk
14th Oct 2006, 10:46
Aye, Jerry, yer a hoot! How's the Jag runnin'?

Come 1 November, I'll report to work in a flippin' hearse if I have to, just to avoid being tarred with this one!

Paladini
14th Oct 2006, 11:20
I have seen no heads above the parapet yet on this one.... has the momentum been lost?

411A
14th Oct 2006, 17:47
Died a natural death, me thinks....:\

Eurocaptain
15th Oct 2006, 22:27
Poor guys......looks like it will be fall-slaughter for those taking part, contracts terminated for those involved, let´s hope not too many show up for the stunt.
Not the right way to get things done, but desperate condition call for desperate means. Just hope it will not be a masacere.

Whiskery
16th Oct 2006, 02:06
411A you say Died a natural death, me thinks....
14th October 2006 11:20
...you wish my friend.

There will be a strike because the guys have had a gutful. They cannot terminate all strikers as most of the fleet would be grounded. We are willing to take the risk.

Of course, Podunk and his like will reap the benefits of this action without participating, but we'll know who they are.

Atlanta-Driver
16th Oct 2006, 12:34
"Of course, Podunk and his like will reap the benefits of this action without participating, but we'll know who they are"
Not very constructive!
:=

MaxBlow
16th Oct 2006, 18:11
What if somebody is really sick on Nov.1st ? Bad luck I would say :sad:

Reading previous stories about AAI everybody with a minimum of common sense should understand their reasons. :ugh:

Other than that I wouldn´t be to worried. Plenty of good jobs for guys with experience.

Good luck!

Whiskery
17th Oct 2006, 02:16
Atlanta Driver, you say Not very constructive!

We say - But very effective :ok:

Podunk
17th Oct 2006, 06:47
Methinks, t'will be about as effective as the ex-Ansett Nongs holding grudges about their "dirty little war". Fer Chrissake, how long has THAT been?

Whiskery, you need a firmer grip on reality, Laddie! Good luck on ya' though ...hope the door doesn't slam your well-proportioned gluteals too hard. :}

SILLY GOOSE
1st Nov 2006, 06:20
What an unsafe operation . this season alone in saudi 4 blown tires in Abha station.
Another incident of blown tires in Lahore. It is about time the whole outfit shuts down.

No safety oversight and very poor management. the priority is profit compromising safety just for profit. The list goes on and on .

411A
1st Nov 2006, 13:21
Well, today was supposed to be...the BIG day.
Wonder how many are walking the picket line....:}

Paladini
1st Nov 2006, 16:43
Silly Goose: or should that be Silly Tw*t ?

How, exactly, is a dodgy tyre re-tread supplier in the KSA equated to AAI being an "unsafe operation"?

Saudia sends the AAI birds up to Abha (3H .. High, Hot & Heavy) for the sole reason that the SAUDIA guys refuse to fly up there with a heavy-weight 747. T'was ever so...... as far back as I remember in my numerous tenures in Rose Village (remember that sh*thole?)

Anyway, this thread is about the "brave, young" souls out to redress the contract woes of a great number of dedicated..... yes, And PROFESSIONAL! .... guys and gals working for one of the largest and most successful ACMI operators in the world. What's your beef?

Anyone heard of anyone actually using the "sick-out" ploy to hasten their contract termination yet? Today is the day!

Let the rest of us know, so we can allocate the overtime bonuses about to be generated ! :}

mutt
1st Nov 2006, 19:40
SAUDIA guys refuse to fly up there with a heavy-weight 747.
Where did you get this idea from????? If you happened to look at the number of 747 operations into Abha, you will find that AAI operate a very small percentage of them!!!! As for HEAVY???? There are almost ZERO international flights into Abha, how can you be heavy?
Mutt

Formally Known As
5th Nov 2006, 11:36
Very quiet at the moment.

Hear the instigator, called the "sick out" on his day off. Nice one that. Obviously Chief pilot material.

Is it the same nationality (chosen race) as the 2 "chief pilots" of 2004??