PDA

View Full Version : cityjet stability?

El Capitano
6th Oct 2006, 08:27
Does anybody know something about the (financial) stability of Cityjet?
Are they in full ownership of KLM/Air France or just a independant franchise company? Are they making profit or do they loose money?
Do you think they will still exist in another say 5 to 10 years? What are their plans for the future, only fly for KLM/Air France or do they put their eggs also in different baskets. I have flown for a franchise company before and when the parent company said goodbeye to them, the game was over. So I better think twice before I join.
All info is welcome.

Thanks E.C.

Nick NOTOC
6th Oct 2006, 08:32
Hi E.C.

If I'm right you worked for the southern "KLM" name before. I know some of those guys are currently working here at CityJet, if you need some contact detail PM me.

Regards, Nick

newton69
9th Oct 2006, 06:43
Who knows whats around the corner but Cityjet is about as solid as they come. profit the last few years and dispite french unions Air France loves them because they can make money where AF cant.

ICING AOA
9th Oct 2006, 07:23
Cityjet is fully owned by air france, as well as "britair" and "Regional".
If tomorrow air france decides to keep only one of its 3 feeder airlines, then Cityjet for sure will be the one !! :D (an irish company is far more competitive than a french one)
Air france has signed an agreement with the french BALPA for taking on every year a certain amount of its feeder pilots in priority. But unfortunately, Cityjet pilots are not included in this unfair agreement :ooh: , even if they are fluent in french, etc...

Anyway, the future in France is Ryanair and easyJet ! :E