PDA

View Full Version : Luton/Easy Jet

22/04
4th Oct 2006, 22:45
First time though Luton since new terminal fully open. Have to say it's a vast improvement. View over stand 44 etc while one drinks and eats Pret food is great.

Only criticism the length of walk to the old gates (stand 6 for example) - is there a plan for moving walkways? And what is to happen to the old terminal.

Easy 737-700s, although only 3 years old seem tired as do their cabin crews though. Both JY (outbound Monday) and JX (inbound today) needed GPU/crossbleed starts and JX wings were filthy - do Easy clean their aircraft regularly?

Sobelena
6th Oct 2006, 21:26
do Easy clean their aircraft regularly

You must be joking. That costs money! Dirt cheap fares = dirty a/c ;)

Getoutofmygalley
7th Oct 2006, 10:32
You must be joking. That costs money! Dirt cheap fares = dirty a/c ;)

And just what do you know Sobelena? Are you anything to do with easyJet?

At LGW our fleet of 319's are cleaned on the inside every day and on the outside very regularly. At LGW you will usually find that one of our 19 319's will be washed per night.

Sobelena
7th Oct 2006, 11:03
And just what do you know Sobelena? Are you anything to do with easyJet?

Touchy touchy Getoutofmygalley. Did you not note the ;) after my comment? That to me indicates that the comment is said tongue-in-cheek. Now calm down and get back to your galley ;) ;) ;)

BaronChotzinoff
13th Oct 2006, 03:45
It's worrying if planes are getting dirty flying at 38,000ft though - a clear sign of chronic pollution in the upper stratosphere.

egnxema
13th Oct 2006, 09:40
Er...Baron......ever seen an aircraft land on a wet runway? Ever seen an aircraft parked for 6 hours overnight in the wind/rain/dust?

I'd hazard a guess that the stratosphere is not too bad, but most of the UK's taxiways and aprons could do with a bit of a vac and mop. :sad:

BaronChotzinoff
14th Oct 2006, 02:19
They definitely do wash the planes though - I've often been sitting in one waiting to take off, and this truck comes round and hoses it down.

BRUpax
14th Oct 2006, 19:35
Hey Baron, was that on an icy cold Winter's day by any chance? :hmm:

BaronChotzinoff
15th Oct 2006, 22:44
Well, as it happens, yes! Why? But I'm surpised they didn't do it in their own time, not ours. :zzz:

BRUpax
16th Oct 2006, 07:53
Baron, are you pulling my leg or what? OK, I'll bite. If you're serious, let me explain to you that what you experienced was de-icing not a plane wash.

BaronChotzinoff
16th Oct 2006, 10:02
Thanks for the explanation! I thought it was mandatory to be tongue-in-cheek on this thread though! ;)