PDA

View Full Version : Pets on Virgin Atlantic

Smiliesam
4th Oct 2006, 17:54
Any one know if I can take a large dog (properly crated and with correct paperwork) on Virgin Atlantic as excess baggage?

Regards
Hazel

starbag
4th Oct 2006, 19:43
Generally, excess baggage charges are very expensive. Try shipping your pet as cargo - rates are generally much cheaper. Go to the Virgin website, and follow the links through the baggage section, to carrying excess baggage, and you should find contact details for the cargo department. If they can't help, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Smiliesam
5th Oct 2006, 19:48
Thank you kindly.

Regards
Hazel

slim_slag
6th Oct 2006, 08:41
Just out of interest how much does it cost to ship a 25kg hound (+ crate) from LAX-LHR if you are on the same flight?

CHIVILCOY
6th Oct 2006, 14:59
I was on a Air France flight a couple of years ago EZE-CDG and the old couple in front of us kept on looking down to the floor and smiling and saying words.
Then a FA came and started doing the same which made me even more curious.
This went on for a couple of hours into the flight and after letting my imagination get the better of me I decided to find out just what it was they were talking to.
So I got out my seat and messed about in the aisle trying not to look too nosey until eventually I saw it..........it was a little dog in a basket.
I just took it for granted that pets weren't allowed in the cabin on airlines but obviously this one was?
I may add that during the whole 13 hour flight not a sound or smell eminated from that basket:D

Ex Cargo Clown
7th Oct 2006, 02:33
Just out of interest how much does it cost to ship a 25kg hound (+ crate) from LAX-LHR if you are on the same flight?

All based on volume rather than weight. So it would depend on the Dims rather than the weight.