PDA

View Full Version : Flight Phobia !!!

milehigh2020
4th Oct 2006, 16:40
After having read and heard about all the Air Crash Incidents recently, Iím beginning to have butterflies in my tummyÖespecially when Iím due to travel in few months time.

Quite strange never had this feeling before !

Am I starting to develop errmm what you call a "Flight Phobia" ?? :eek:

Jerricho
4th Oct 2006, 16:46
Mate, look at it this way.

How many people are killed in car accidents daily? How may people die from shark attacks (or sting-ray).

If it's your time to go, there ain't squat you can do about it ;)

On a serious note (I know, my last didn't really help), look at the number of flights that are in the air at any time of the day. From where I sit here on our Traffic Situation Display (a long range radar if you wil), I can see christ knows how many thousands of flights that are airborne just over North America. Unfortunately, it's the one or two bad reports you hear that you remember.

milehigh2020
4th Oct 2006, 17:47
Yeah I know what you mean :)

Perhaps I'll just cross my fingers before boarding and tell our dear Pilots not to f**k the Landing ! :}

Silje
4th Oct 2006, 17:53
exactly.

there are about 45 000 planes in the air daily, all around the world. and only very rarely anything happens.

so if i was you, i would just get on that plane and enjoy the flight. :)

and if you still feel uncomfortable, how about visiting a forum that is made for people with flight phobia?! maybe that will help you...
and maybe next time you fly you can ask the cabin crew whether you can visit the pilots in the cockpit. ;)

silje

G-CPTN
5th Oct 2006, 01:34
You stand a greater chance of death whilst travelling TO the airport, by whatever form of transport that you choose (including walking across the street).
Do you have a phobia about crossing the road, travelling in a car, on a bus or on a train?

tinpis
5th Oct 2006, 05:42
Theres less chance of death by ingesting airline food these days cos there aint fecking none.:(

milehigh2020
5th Oct 2006, 19:42
You stand a greater chance of death whilst travelling TO the airport, by whatever form of transport that you choose (including walking across the street).
Do you have a phobia about crossing the road, travelling in a car, on a bus or on a train?

Wayy to cautious when crossing the road for sure :}

Well as a kid I met with a pretty bad accident once.... not that I remember any of it but sure thank my stars :)..hummm maybe got to do with subconscious thingy !