PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Leg Room

lba2006
4th Oct 2006, 15:05
Just wondering what Thomas Cooks leg room is on both short and long haul flights??
Cheers

EDIspotter
4th Oct 2006, 21:30
I was on one of the 757s and it wasnt the worst but I would say 29-31" max

cossack
4th Oct 2006, 21:55
35" on the Canadian Affair charters. Much more respectable.

10secondsurvey
5th Oct 2006, 07:03
Usually 28-29" on short haul. No more. Quite ridiculous, as it is too small for most average adults.

gdiphil
5th Oct 2006, 16:47
I flew from LGW to Pafos, Cyprus and back with them in August and I was amazed at how small the pitch was. I cannot see that it is as "generous" as BA is in economy (31"). The seats did not recline. The aircraft was a 757 both ways. Needless to say I will not fly with them again (nor BA longhaul economy again either).

Skintman
6th Oct 2006, 12:08
Flew economy First Choice to Bahamas recently. 33" pitch, seatback screens, leather seats etc. Fab. As good as many schedule carriers. Certainly better than US carriers. :D :D

Then a few weeks later Dom Rep with Monach. What a comedown. Old tub of a plane. Felt like 29" pich. Dire food. Well worn out seats. Terrible quality head sets. Monarch used to be top of the tree. What happened. ?:eek: :eek:

All other long haul charters are going to have to move up a gear for sure. The Monach cabin crew knew that First Choice have left them for dead and said their planes were all having a refit soon to be able to compete. About time.

Well done First Choice for setting the standard high, I'll be using you whenever I can.

Skintman

Nabla330
8th Oct 2006, 15:03
Reply to gdiphil:
Quote: "...The seats did not recline..."

Is it really the case? I thought the only seats that won't recline are the emergency exit ones.

Reply to Skintman:
Your posting looks to me like advertising for First Choice? :hmm:

I was told that the reason behind the increased seat pitch on their longhaul aircraft, is due to the floor on the aircraft they got, is simply not strong enought to hold so many seats!
As soon as they buy a new aircraft type they might go back to the old seat pitch!?

Can you confirm the above? Or is it just gossip? :confused:

10secondsurvey
8th Oct 2006, 18:04
Actually Skintman is quite right in his views (advertising or not). The standard long haul seat pitch with First Choice is better than Virgin economy by two inches, and much better than most charter seat pitches. Their premium long haul pitch is 36 inches! It is unfortunate that nobody offer such a seat pitch on short haul (flights up to six/seven hours).

It is rare in aviation these days to see an airline actually trying to compete by improving it's service rather than cutting it's service, and regardless of the reasons, that is something First choice should be praised for.

Skintman
9th Oct 2006, 11:50
Nable330.

I have no connection with any airline, I'm just a regular pax who was impressed with the 33" pitch and facilities with First Choice, for a charter airline. I'm just expressing my recent experience. If I was impressed with any other airline, then I would mention them as well. Simple as. :ok: :ok:

gdiphil
9th Oct 2006, 15:09
Nabla330
Absolutely, none of the seats I and my party of 4 reclined either going or returning. We did not sit at the exits. Frankly I was not bothered by this on the day flight going out to Pafos, but the return was just too uncomfortable for a night flight of some 4 hours duration.

Nabla330
9th Oct 2006, 18:45
Thanks Skintman and gdiphil for your answers. :)

gdiphil: I just asked because on the thomas cook aircrafts I flew with, I had seats that reclined. That's why I was surprised to hear that.
Maybe some of the seats on your flight were broken? I agree it is a pain in the backside flying from Pafos with such seats.

skintman: sorry for me being a bit sceptical on my previous posting. I thought you might be one of those airline Employees/managers trying to advertise for their airline. I do apologise for my wrong assumption. :uhoh:
By the way you're right, it's good they have more seat pitch. I also would like to see other airlines to follow First Choice when it comes to changing seat pitch.

Flapping_Madly
9th Oct 2006, 19:38
On Monarch it is not the seat pitch that worries me ( my backside is unusually near the ground ) but the unbelievably hard deeply dished seats. The most uncomfortable ever. Simple--I will not use them.