PDA

View Full Version : Flywho/Flywhosh

Realistic Flier
2nd Oct 2006, 10:29
Continuation of: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211592&page=14

Interesting contributions. I have just booked flights MAN - MCO with Virgin, again, for Nov '06, Mar '07 & May '07 and can now relax knowing I will be flying on these dates. As much as I would prefer the 30min drive to BHX to the haul up the M6 to Manchester, threat of cancellation or postponement I can do without. Yes I used to take BHX-EWR-MCO, but as per my previous comments, not any more.

As a matter of interest, I checked into FlyWho's website today. No indication of postponements and I was quoted fares for 8 pax Gold Class return to St Pete's in October '06!

Birmingham is My local airport, I just can't undersatnd why a scheduled carrier, offering two or three classes, can't get a direct service up and running to MCO.

:ugh:

come on
2nd Oct 2006, 13:01
Realistic........glad you got your flights sorted out and with a decent reputable carrier.
Regarding your comment about scheduled carriers not operating from BHX to MCO. At the moment Orlando is served seasonally by the charter airlines from BHX and offer a much better and upgraded cabin service than charters of the past. The UK scheduled airlines may be unwilling to start the route as it would mean putting too many resources into an airport whereby they only have one long haul operation and one that is predominantly leisure orientated (mainly low yield revenue). Plus the fact that it would possibly dilute their London and or Manchester operations.
I've also looked at the flywho website, I think they're not advertising the fact that they're not starting operations (hah) until the spring so as not to put off any future customers.

teachin
2nd Oct 2006, 18:11
October now, the SAGA goes on, I have not read this forum for ages and it still is a hot debate, how on earth can they be bonded by ATOL? What a claim! They have let people down so much, how will anyone book? They will again be let down, what a shambles, what a place to have an airline office! Solihull, not even near the airport! Where will the crew check in? 3 Hours before a transatlantic flight? They;ll be out of hours within minutes of a delay, Rubbish, utter pie in the sky. The people stringing others along in this daft venture should be shot! The name I guess is a last ditch at being taken as a joke!

Teachin

groundedforgood
2nd Oct 2006, 18:20
what a place to have an airline office! Solihull, not even near the airport!
Teachin

Sorry Teachin, BHX is actually (90%+) within the boundaries of Solihull, Their "office" on Warwick Road is a good 10 mins away from T1. Agree with most of the other stuff though.
GFG

splash&dash
3rd Oct 2006, 20:59
Teachin

You need to look at map mate, BHX is in Solihull. :hmm:

and anyway crew report at the airport before their clock starts ticking and not their HQ wherever that may be. BMI Baby crews do not report at Donnington Hall first before flying out of BHX if you get my drift :cool:

Like the previous post i agree with your other comments tho.

LudaChris
5th Oct 2006, 21:56
Flywho website now shows March 2007 as the first available flights!!!!:ugh: :ugh:

bazzab68
6th Oct 2006, 10:42
Wouldn't look at the website anymore, probable cause of the hits on it us enthusiasts pose, they are still thinking theres interest and they can postpone it til when there fictitous a/c comes on line.

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

GK430
6th Oct 2006, 11:26
Makes you wonder what BIA management think. I recall the MD photographed with someone from this "outfit" on the BHX website. Have they too been conned and do they have egg on their faces:confused:

I guess an airport operator has to do its best to show support for potential operator's helping to bring in income, but there has to be a limit:O

Transat Hostie
6th Oct 2006, 17:56
Whats happened to all the cabin crew they've just trained then? Are they all out looking for jobs for the winter or have the come to their senses and gone back to where they came from???

My sympathy to anyone now without a job for the winter.

come on
6th Oct 2006, 21:54
Just heard they've gone bust. All mention of ATOL removed from their website.

bacardi walla
7th Oct 2006, 07:36
No surprise there then :uhoh: I hope those who were "employed" by this bunch find alternative work soon.

Transat Hostie
7th Oct 2006, 08:07
I seem to remember their ATOL was under the name "Go Visit", which now draws a blank result when searching on the CAA ATOL website.

Funny that. :rolleyes: Guess they've had it removed.

Centre cities
12th Oct 2006, 20:50
See that there is a new button on the web site....Cancelled flights.

This says that Rude, abusive, aggresive and threatening phone calls will be terminated. Bet they had a few which means some people must have booked.

Although there is no excuse for that type of call one can understand the punters frustration.

Perhaps it is an indication to Flywho that they have burnt their bridges at both ends with regard to the paying public.

Does anybody know if they are still selling flights. Would have phoned myself but might get cut off. (joke)

Centre cities

SWBKCB
12th Oct 2006, 21:02
I seem to remember their ATOL was under the name "Go Visit", which now draws a blank result when searching on the CAA ATOL website.
Funny that. :rolleyes: Guess they've had it removed.

and the " Is my booking protected with ABTA or something? " section of the website seems to have been disabled. Still seem to be offering flights from March 2007....

:mad:

come on
12th Oct 2006, 21:28
Surely they can't still be selling as they don't appear to be bonded by an ATOL but hey, in cloud cookoo flywho land the clowns probably still are.

I have every sympathy with the staff taking calls from flywho customers, it mut be an awful position to be in. Likewise, the guys and girls that left other jobs to join them, all the best to you.

Perhaps now the clowns behind flywho will get the message that it's not going to happen, nice idea but it's time to call it a day.

wearside
17th Oct 2006, 11:50
I'm trying to get my money back from Flywho. without success. It's not the "cheque in the post" story, rather "you will be refunded tomorrow". Tomorrow alas never comes. Having talked to the CAA, to be told that all refunds are to be paid by the company, I still live in hope. Has anyone actually received a refund and if so what date was your flight?

9066nick
18th Oct 2006, 11:13
I had booked to fly on 16 Nov to St Petes and found out via this site that people were being advised of the 'postponment' until Mar 2007, this was at the end of Sept. Simply emailed Flywho/ Go Visit and told them that if I did not have the money back on my credit card within 4 days, with fees, then I would refer the matter to my bank. All monies back on card within 4 days!!
Have had discussions with CAA, they were disinterested, but told me the ATOL lapsed on 29 Sept. Local Authority Trading Standards didn't want to know!!!

banotok
20th Oct 2006, 13:18
If flywho was a shop taking payments on promises of "impending" stock delivery surely they would have been closed down by now. How many years has this supposed air travel product been offered for sale and not one flight taken off yet?? Trading Standards should surely be interested or perhaps Watchdog?

Blueskyrich
15th Nov 2006, 19:16
A little birdie tells me that a little look at Watchdog next Tuesday may be of interest.... :E

richxby
15th Nov 2006, 19:54
Yes, Watchdog are doing a feature on next Tues (20/11) programme. Should be interesting then!! Something like "the airline that never took off".

come on
21st Nov 2006, 18:27
Excellant excellant excellant!!!!

Watchdog got it spot-on, welldone to them for making him look a total pratt.

Mike16
21st Nov 2006, 18:30
BRAVO

Well done BBC1 , wel lworth the licence fee alone watching that, he was well stuck, he looked a real pratt, and like nicky campbell says, flywho, flywhat, flywhen, just love it.
This was even better than catherine tate..... well nearly..... lol

Giddy
22nd Nov 2006, 09:06
Perhaps they should try and set up a flight to Glasgow from BHX. After all, it's not as if there's much competition on that route, is it :rolleyes:

Bunch of muppets.

Man_User
22nd Nov 2006, 11:16
I wonder if this airline has any planes on order?
As there was no mention of a/c on the show, flights might not start till march, but you would have thought the director would have said "We have 4 767/A330's on order from...." < this wasnt the case.

Not matter how cheap or good this airline seems until they GET some A/C there are going by there own name. FLYWHO????? :rolleyes:

Hudson Bay
22nd Nov 2006, 11:41
The guy was made to look like a fool. He was visibly shaking saying that his business was run on trust and that he ran a Christian company. What an Idiot. He'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. Lots of nasty people out there.

come on
22nd Nov 2006, 11:54
There will be no airline from this bunch, never was, never will be, all pie in the sky!!!!
The Watchdog programme was great TV, when Nicky Campbell asked him about why the guy had told his customers that if they talked to Watchdog they wouldn't get a refund, he just prattled on about was how his company had Christian values!

bradfordboy
22nd Nov 2006, 12:09
Two worrying things.
Firstly, he continued to insist that the business would eventually get going and secondly just how many gullible people are out there in the big wide world who will happily sign up to fly with an airline they have never heard of and without doing the most basic search on the internet to find out if they have a track record or even if they have an aircraft.

21SNM
22nd Nov 2006, 19:51
ave none of you ever thought to think about the flywho staff for just a
second – they are the ones that have put up with all the customer complaints and watch their company/CEO get trashed unfairly on TV. Yes it is their choice to stick with the company but at least they haven’t just given up, they are only trying to create a better service for the Midlands and unfortunately it sounds like all people want to do is watch them fail.
How many of you actually know any real facts about this company. Have any of you ever spoken to anyone who works for the company and found out the facts?
All this talk about people not getting their money back is it true? Does
anybody actually know - thought not!

Good luck to them for the future

Flywho Supporter

come on
22nd Nov 2006, 21:07
2SNM, I respect your point of view and the fact that you support flywho and good on you for saying so although I have difficulty understanding why.

However, my comments are based on what makes business sense, what sells seats and makes money. Not on seat pitch, cabin crew uniforms, in-flight meals, nice ideas etc, it's about selling seats, making money, being successful, nothing else. flywho have done NOTHING so far apart from take peoples money, announce start date after start date, give excuses and disappoint customers. Yes there will always be those that will part with money and book with them, very much like the type of people that sign binding contracts with doorstep salesmen. Hopefully, these are few and far between.

Again, I respect your point of view but I have to say that I think you are totally deluded if you think flywho will ever take off under the current management. With all respect to you and those that support flywho, in my experience their supporters are not from a business background and have any idea of what is involved in setting up and airline. Can I ask, what is your support based on?

I have been in the same room as a senior person from flywho and I was staggered by the rubbish they were coming out with, it was laughable and had to be heard to be believed.

I have every sympathy for those that left secure employment to join flywho and I hope they have all found new positions.

aanda
23rd Nov 2006, 09:05
Yes I am one of those foolish people who booked and paid for my flight to Florida. I did think I researched it, but accept I was carried away by vey pleasant staff, glossy web site, tv advertising and the wish to fly from Birmingham.:confused: Since the Watchdog prog. they are no longer taking peoples money for fictitious flights, so one good thing has come out of all this stress. I am that person who Nickie asked him to give a refund to. I still have not got one.

aanda
23rd Nov 2006, 09:09
Have none of you ever thought to think about the flywho staff for just a
second – they are the ones that have put up with all the customer complaints and watch their company/CEO get trashed unfairly on TV. Yes it is their choice to stick with the company but at least they haven’t just given up, they are only trying to create a better service for the Midlands and unfortunately it sounds like all people want to do is watch them fail.
How many of you actually know any real facts about this company. Have any of you ever spoken to anyone who works for the company and found out the facts?
All this talk about people not getting their money back is it true? Does
anybody actually know - thought not!

Good luck to them for the future

Flywho Supporter
Yes I am one of those many people who have not got their money back:ugh:

21SNM
23rd Nov 2006, 09:33
I support Flywho because I know someone who works for them.

All I would like to know is why is it from the very beginning everyone has been so negative towards Flywho, ok so you dont agree with what they are doing but by coming on here and writing your gossip (cause that is all it is) you are ruining peoples business's and lives.

Yes alot of people have been let down but from what I know they are doing there best to sort it out.

But I guess a lot of people find it amusing that the staff are having to put up with vile abusive and threatening behaviour from random members of the public, after all Tuesday night was what you have all been waiting for, to watch a man trying his best, get ridiculed by some jumped up little tv presenter.

thebeehive
23rd Nov 2006, 10:15
21SNM

All I would like to know is why is it from the very beginning everyone has been so negative towards Flywho, ok so you dont agree with what they are doing but by coming on here and writing your gossip (cause that is all it is) you are ruining peoples business's and lives.

Yes alot of people have been let down but from what I know they are doing there best to sort it out.

But I guess a lot of people find it amusing that the staff are having to put up with vile abusive and threatening behaviour from random members of the public, after all Tuesday night was what you have all been waiting for, to watch a man trying his best, get ridiculed by some jumped up little tv presenter.

Calm down, no one (with an sense in the industry) wants to see an airline fail but it is clear FlyWho will never fly, they have been saying they will for months and months, even changed their name, pictures of A310's, talk of TriStars selling services to customers which havnen;t been fullfilled and bad customer service combined with the performance of the airline's CEO on Watchdog was yet another nail in the FlyWho coffin.

I would love to see FlyWho take to the skies and be a serious airline but fact is they have always been and will always be a an idea and a dream for the owners, if FlyWho ever takeoff and become established I will be more than welcome to come up and buy you a few beers :ok:

In the same way you believe many want the airline to fail you too have your blinkers on and don't seem willing to accept any critism of FlyWho. Or was that FlyBlu?

Man_User
23rd Nov 2006, 10:53

21snm, the best way to sort there problems out are to say, we are buying aircraft on such a date; and not sell any flights until that is confirmed.

I think we all understand here that flywho empolyees are having a hard time at the moment, but what we cant understand is an airline thats sells flights with out even having 1 plane to fly there passengers on :ugh:.

Consider this 21SNM, if you booked a flight to anywhere costing X amount of money, booked holidays from work, maybe even booking hotels, and then you were told by your airline that the flight has been cancelled and there is no other way to get to MCO/SFB out of BHX wouldn't you be even alittle anoyed? :confused:

I hope Flywho sort an A/C out and quick or the Flywho wont get very far.....

bradfordboy
23rd Nov 2006, 11:29
Since the Watchdog prog. they are no longer taking peoples money for fictitious flights, so one good thing has come out of all this stress. I am that person who Nickie asked him to give a refund to. I still have not got one.
If they only stopped taking money on Tuesday then they want locking up. This company and their staff have been responsible over the past few years for quite a few people having to cancel their holidays and it now looks like some folk are going to have a struggle to get their money back.
If some people could see the pending problem from a distance how come those on the inside couldn't see it? Blinkers? Well thats one way of describing it.

jmc757
23rd Nov 2006, 11:42

People aren't coming on here writing gossip, and certainly not out to ruin people's business and lives.

The facts in the matter are that this airline has announced at least three (maybe four) start dates and defaulted on every single one of them. They have taken money off people for flights that simply weren't in place.

They could have increased their credibility ten fold by stating WHO they had an agreement with to operate their services. Trouble is they never did tell you where the aircraft was coming from or who would be operating the flights. Does that mean no such arangements had ever been made?

I work on the "frontline" with customers and would never ever think its funny to see anyone taking abuse or threatening behaviour. But the flywho customers have a right to be angry. As stated if you've saved all year for a holiday, booked time off work, hotels etc then to be told your flights are cancelled how would you feel?

And the fact people still haven't had refunds is disgusting.

21SNM
23rd Nov 2006, 12:59
If my flight had of been cancelled I to would be extremely angry but it must be said some people take things to far, threatening members of their staff over money now that is disgusting.
Surely there is much worse things in the world than having to wait a couple of weeks for a refund. Which everyone was told they will get.

Hudson Bay
23rd Nov 2006, 18:55
Just heard on the BBC that Flywho have ceased trading and that Aden Mercutt has dissapeared!! What a surprise. Well done watchdog for exposing this no-gooder crook.

Centre cities
23rd Nov 2006, 20:02
Not such good news for those who havnt had a refund though.

Centre cities

21SNM
23rd Nov 2006, 20:12
Just heard on the BBC that Flywho have ceased trading and that Aden Mercutt has dissapeared!! What a surprise. Well done watchdog for exposing this no-gooder crook.

WRONG!
See nothing but gossip

Centre cities
23rd Nov 2006, 20:32
What a bold move. The website now says AS SEEN ON TV on the top of the page.

To be fair their is an explanation of some of the points raised on the programme.

Now to be fair my opinion of some press reports is rather low. My interest is aircraft and even with my limited knowledge on the subject the press are sometimes pathetic when it comes to reporting. Just look at the shock horror reports concerning a go around or similar.

In my proffesional job the press are sometimes even worse with the story only listening to one side and not the other. Shock horror repys get viewes.

Now while Flywho in my opinion has been a mess consider the following.

The MD turned up and gave an interview and answered questions. He was not chased around with a microphone like I have seen before or refused to comment like lots of others.

Crook etc is I think out of order, if you want to level anything then the worst is incompetant in the airline industry.

It is worth reading the comments he makes, I suspect that the truth is somewhere in between the 2.

Centre cities

X-Dodo
24th Nov 2006, 01:00
Hi guys & gals, having read these posts has given me an idea, I could start my own business selling tickets.... but what should the tickets be for? Let me think... I suppose it doesn't really matter what they are for as long as I make them sound good, Hey! I could set up my own website and make them sound really great.. like sort of better than anybody else could offer, I could take payment on-line and then just before the service is due contact the customer and tell them that the service is cancelled and promise them their money back, but only pay those who really make a fuss, Wow! how plausible is that. That way I wouldn't have to go bust and I could carry on selling tickets all the way from here to FLORIDA. But on thinking about it I won't bother, somebody else has probably already thought about it and who knows may well (as we speak) be selling tickets that promise the earth but delivers nought.

andyp1316
24th Nov 2006, 13:01
I have been reading this thread and I feel the need to raise a few issues about some of the sentiments displayed here.

I have known of Flywho/Flyblu from almost when they first appeared on the scene, I went to the travel show when they were just getting it together and heard the pitch for a new idea, and I have to say it made sense. Many friends who I have told about the concept of extra leg room and better service (especially the taller frequent fliers) have said that they would fly with Flywho once it was up and running.

I have a little knowledge of this industry and have had enough real experience of how things can go when you are a new business to be able to make some conclusions about the stance that Flywho have taken.

Firstly I am aware that many of the reasons Flywho have not `got off the ground` (sic) are due to investers, investment brokers and people within the aviation business either letting them down, changing thier minds or what appears to be, blatantly obstructing thier progress. Yet I have not heard one utterance of blame from Flywho or it's directors as to the current problems. Mr Murcutt had ample chance to do this on Watchdog yet did not.

I am also aware that if Flywho and Mr Murcutt were the crooks that many on this site seem to label them as, why havn't they gone into liquidation or better still run off with all the money people think they are hoarding. Most of the charletons that manage to get thier faces on BBC consumer programmes do just that and then re-appear under a different name. I have spoken to Flywho and they have told me they are trying to repay everyone by Christmas and I fear that most of this money will be comming from the personal pockets of those in charge as they have already commited payment for things like uniforms and training which has taken most of the remaining investment they had and then some. Again I would like to know why they would spend this money if thier intention was to rip people off?

I am saddend that some people seem to want to tear down and slag off genuine entrepreneurs, it's attitudes like this that force many of this countries businessmen and women to seek better favour overseas.

A last note to the person who said `great show, what a pratt`. The only reason I can see for calling Mr Murcutt a pratt is for trying to do the right thing instead of walkiing away and leaving you ungreatful miscreants to deal with unfeeling liquidators. Some of you should have more sense!

StbdD
24th Nov 2006, 14:12
I have spoken to Flywho and they have told me they are trying to repay everyone by Christmas and I fear that most of this money will be comming from the personal pockets of those in charge as they have already commited payment for things like uniforms and training which has taken most of the remaining investment they had and then some. Again I would like to know why they would spend this money if thier intention was to rip people off?

Just a guess, but maybe they don't want to spent Christmas in jail?

bradfordboy
24th Nov 2006, 14:13
I have spoken to Flywho and they have told me they are trying to repay everyone by Christmas and I fear that most of this money will be comming from the personal pockets of those in charge as they have already commited payment for things like uniforms and training

Oh no! Not money out of their personal pockets to pay back money they received from potential customers. Which pocket did that go in?
Perhaps next time they will use money from their personal pockets to pay for things like uniforms and training ( and maybe an aircraft as well!!) whilst putting money they receive from customers into another pocket where they can't get their hands on it until they actually fly.

LudaChris
5th Jan 2007, 11:27
Anyone know why or how long the Flywho website has been down?
They reckon they will be up and flying end of March!!
:bored: :bored:

Scottie Dog
5th Jan 2007, 11:38
FlyWho are dead.

If you do a search for the airline name you will find plenty of other threads that will tell you the complete sad story.

Buster the Bear
5th Jan 2007, 18:43
Silverjet. Concept to first flight in 9 months.

FlyWho. Concept to first flight in..........?

wan2fly
7th Jan 2007, 21:33
Guys- the FW story has ended for the time being - so why keep harping on about it - its pretty boring - most of you "IN THE KNOW" on here are apparantly intelligent individuals, who have "insider" knowledge and the like....
Im one of the crew that were made redundant in Sept - I havent seen any of us on here whinging about it all..... MOST of us have now moved on and nearly all of us are flying again and if not have found alternative employment in other areas. If anyone has the right to whinge and make sarcastic comments I think its the crew......
I have nothing but admiration for the directors and managers at FW. The whole redundancy thing was handled well and we were treated with respect and compassion. It was a tough few weeks but there was always a risk and I am so very proud to say I and my former colleagues had the B***s to take the risk....
I have made some great friends from my time at FW and came away with new skills which will help me in my career now.

May seem a little corny to you on here "IN THE KNOW" but its true.

Its easy for you guys to name call and poke fun and sometimes be downright rude and negative about FW behind your sign on names, However not one of you have the B***s to take a risk or set up your own airline or at least give it a go..
So why dont you all - like the crew and staff that were made redundant move on. Get back to your plane spotting or whatever it is you do when your not on here !!!!.

Happy new year to you all.

bradfordboy
7th Jan 2007, 23:01
Give it a rest
The only way that is going to happen is if you stop posting on the subject. Your 40 Flywho messages to date might just have kept it going.
Glad you have got yourself sorted after your redundancy but you could have avoided redundancy if you had listened to most of those on here.
I trust everyone has been paid out now and wish you well for the New Year.
BB

come on
8th Jan 2007, 08:05
wan2fly, I hope you and your former colleagues are now re-employed after being made redundant, I appreciate that isn't I pleasant situation to be in.

Speaking purely for myself, the reason I still look and post on the subject is that I'm amazed that they're still trying to flog the dead horse!!! I think the nail was firmly driven into the coffin with the performance on "Watchdog". Instead of using the opportunity to re-assure customers and advise them of flywho's future plans he driveled on about how lovely his company is, big mistake. They now have even less credibility than before, he obviously had no idea how to handle the media and how to present himself. Imagine if he'd have been interviewed by Anne Robinson, she'd have made mincemeat of him!!!!

Yes, some of us are in the know and have a little knowledge of what they're talking about. I'm not a plane spotter although I will admit to having a very keen interest in aircraft, however my interest is mainly in the amount of money they make operationally for myself and my clients.

Could the reason for the silence of any flywho staff be the confidentiality agreement they had to sign?

The whole idea was originally not a bad one and could possibly have worked, but not in the hands of these amateurs.

Again, I am very pleased you have found a new position.

wan2fly
8th Jan 2007, 11:10
BB -
Of course I have the right to write 40 or so whatever it is replys or posts - I cant beleive you checked the number of my posts - your life most be so jam packed with things to do lol lol I did chuckle at that - I and all the employees of FW have had MORE interest than anyone else who posts on here as we all worked for the company. Also in response - "If I had listened to advice on here" ( how patronising are you ??? ) Did you not read my post I put that WE ALL KNEW the RISK the word to look at here is RISK I took a risk as I believed in the product and if it had gone ahead then it would have been fantastic. My risk never paid off but im glad i took it - what risk have you taken lately!! gone out side without a coat on ? maybe it will rain lol - sorry for the bad joke but gees your post man !!.
Come on - Yes the watchdog programme was a nightmare - I felt for the man I really did - But we all know that Mr Campbell knows "jack" about anything as he reads from a script and is an actor the the same with Ms Robinson they dont have the consumer interest at heart just their own bank balance and self importance - its called TV !!! - altho I will agree that it did nothing for the brand. ( and the public love the programme )
The reason for the silence of FW staff is not confidentiality agreement (this was the case tho when we were setting up etc - be stupid not to have one really, wouldnt it?) its bevause we all got on found our new jobs, in my case went back to my old one - or in others cases have gone to something new.
We all keep in touch and everyone is fine ( thanks for asking ) .
What annoys me, my friend, is that "Them who are in the know" slate EVERY start up on here or are negative about everything - you may say they, and yourself in some respects, are been realistic !! - however look at the posts on SilverJet - they seem to be doing ok and launch in a couple of weeks - Maxjet and Eos both doing well or at least ok... i dont know the FULL in and outs why FW didnt succeed Im not an industry expert or "in the know lol " im a mere FA ( :rolleyes: ) who loves to fly love my job and beleived in something and went for it. ;)

TwinAisle
8th Jan 2007, 12:49
I've been sat on my hands with regard to this thread for some time now, but I have to say a heartfelt "thank you" to Wan2fly.

I have only an oblique connection with FlyWho. What I know of them is that they were a stunning group of people, from senior management to cabin crew. I do wonder if the people here who are saying "I told you so" have achieved anything worthwhile in their lives... FlyWho took a risk on setting up a great product. They refined that product and recruited a superb group of cabin crew - I have worked for many airlines and would have been honoured to recruit ANY of the people that FlyWho got, let alone all of them!!

The fact that FlyWho didn't quite make it is down in many ways to pure luck - as it is with most start-ups. FlyWho didn't have much, sadly.

For those who stand there and say "I told you so", I would ask you to examine your consciences. If your postings on here in any way - even if by a tiny fraction of a percentage - hindered FlyWho, you should hang your heads in shame. For alleged airline professionals to take pleasure from a start up failure is, frankly, nauseating.

Being wise after the event is easy. Having the guts to try deserves saluting.

I hope that all the FlyWho team get positions elsewhere quickly, and I salute them for their courage and vision.

come on
8th Jan 2007, 13:58
Wan2fly, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree but what is quite clear from you post's is that you obviously feel quite passionately about the situation which is commendable and don't put yourself down by saying you are a mere FA. It's a great job, I did it for man years and loved it. We're looking at the situation from different angels, I respect your point of view.

You're quite right about Nikki Campbell, he doesn't have to know a great deal about the subject he is presenting and does read from a script. However, I have to disagree, he is no actor!!! It isn't necessary for him to have a knowledge of the subject, as you say, he has a script, a background of the situation plus his producer talking in his ear prompting him what to say and questions to ask. Watchdog sells itself as the voice of the consumer, in reality it's all about TV ratings. A huge opportunity for recovery was lost.

I have no drought that the staff recruited by flywho were of the best but they were very sadly let down.

All the best to you.

Twinaisle, nobody is saying I told you so and I have no need to examine my conscience or hang my head in shame. My comments have simply been my view, as I see it, based on my experience from within the industry. I don't think any opinion expressed on this forum or any other could possibly have had any effect on flywho's success and I'm yet to be convinced that luck or the lack of it plays any part.

TwinAisle
8th Jan 2007, 14:03
nobody is saying I told you so and I have no need to examine my conscience or hang my head in shame. My comments have simply been my view, as I see it, based on my experience from within the industry

And yet the fact that of your 54 posts on PPRUNE all but 6 have been a diatribe against FlyWho tends to support my view not yours....

Any other axes to grind while you are at it?

ManchesterMan
8th Jan 2007, 21:52
Twinaisle/Wan2Fly

Can you two put it to bed now its
becomming quite sad that you cant
let it go!

I have every sympathy for all the
people who might have 'purchased'
a ticket for this no-go airline and
have had to see their plans
scuppered by the ill formulated and
dis-organised group that FlyWho
seem to have been.

Your defence of the company is
somewhat strange considering it
never even had an aircraft.

I'm sure all the people who were
given a position with this joke of
an airline are good people but just
a little brainwashed now that it has
bitten the dust.

Have a good new year FlyWho free!!

MM

wan2fly
8th Jan 2007, 22:09
Have you TOTALLY lost the point here - I am THE one who has tried to put it to rest - What part of my reply did you not read !!!!... I was there mate, from the start you were not nor by the sounds of it had any part in the FW venture "thank god" - how can you comment .

I find your post rude and surprise, again, negative and very patronising like most on here - Im a grown man I dont need brainwashing - repeated again I took a risk never paid off - I got over it !! ( I chose to post on here today as no one knows what happended you all speculate, I was there from day 1 to the day we were let go ).

I have moved on so have the other 18 crew .

My point was that eveyone else needs to do the same - I was highlighting that fact....:ugh:

Request to MOD close the thread MOD please ! lol lol pleeeaaassseeeee.

ManchesterMan
8th Jan 2007, 22:15
Oh dear me..........

wan2fly
8th Jan 2007, 23:15
Exactly !!

bradfordboy
8th Jan 2007, 23:27
wan2fly
Why don't you just read back through your posts on this subject. Were you right or were the majority of the other posters right?
My own interest has not been about the well being of the people who joined them as 'crew' for a few weeks. They should really have known better, researched better or even guessed a bit better.
My concern has been for those people who were encouraged to sign up for flight tickets. Surprisingly there are quite a few still with bits of paper showing discounts on future tickets and issued against previous aborted attempts to launch.
The failure of this organisation had nothing to do with bad luck. However this reply gives you another opportunity to put it to rest again.