View Full Version : Multi IFr

mahmoodnz
4th Oct 2006, 03:36
hi everybody i am from oman and i had failed my ifr 3 times does gulfair concern about the training i did and i failed will they reject me for interviews

cheers

4HolerPoler
4th Oct 2006, 09:23
You failed your IFR 3 times dude? Tell you what, do yourself & all of us a huge favor & consider another career. As hard as this advice may seem, it is the safest & easiest path for all of us.

4HP

Left Wing
4th Oct 2006, 09:27
what kind of crappy inst you had u let you take the test 3 times before getting you ready.

mahmoodnz
5th Oct 2006, 01:11
its not the instructor problem its all the academys problem my last attempt i was ready for it and they tell u ur test track is one destination but on flight test when i was ready for the test the examiner changed the whole test track but still i will challange and never giveup

4HolerPoler
5th Oct 2006, 10:55
Well you get an A+ for perseverance & endurance. Respectfully, you should be able to hack a check-ride at any destination, with limited preparation; flying isn't about scripted, canned rides. My opinion.

4HP

Desert Budgie
6th Oct 2006, 01:11
Have to agree with 4HP, it shouldn't matter where ur route is heading. Pilots have to fly to more than one destination during their career and perform to the same high standards every time. When it comes to an IR ride it was my understanding it was always the examiners choice where he wants to go. He then gives you a chance to plan your route and off you go, very rarely will your ride go exactly as it has done in your training. Sorry dude.

As far as if it will affect your GF chances, I would say yes. When an airline hires a new pilot they WILL look at your training history. If it takes you 4 attempts to pass an IR, it is unlikely you would pass your sim ride, at least without extra training. Reality check, you think ur IR was hard...........
At the end of the day the company will see it as a liability, training costs are high and they have got to envision you as a future captain of their aircraft.

In the UK, if you fail a CPL or IR ride three times, I believe a panel at the CAA decides whether or not they will allow you to continue training, as they may decide it is not the right career for you.

Thats my view on it anyway.

Cheers

DB :ok:

Left Wing
6th Oct 2006, 01:18
look for a job out of the cockpit..get a flt dispatchers job or some thing flt ops dept. Dont waste any more money on flt training it all about aptitude some have it some dont its not a bad thing.

May be you will excell in aviation related sales or aviation management.

mahmoodnz
6th Oct 2006, 02:17
thanks guys for replies but i can say that i am not going to giveup my career and i will try my best and hopefully i will try hard to get into gulfair and the only thing i can say the standard in newzealand is higher than most of the places in the world specially flight test

jackbauer
6th Oct 2006, 06:47
From now on the GF selection process includes a sim check in either the 767 or 320 sim. If you fail to pass a multi check ride on a light twin then you wont find this easy.

alpha-b
6th Oct 2006, 09:41
My man never give up ur dream no matter what the case,i think u can still join GULF AIR but u're going to have to work extra hard to polish ur skills in the IR give it a try and hope the best 4 u .:D IR isn't hard.

mahmoodnz
7th Oct 2006, 00:22
all this mistakes i did i learn from it and i am going to work hard and prepare my self 110% for future check rides and the only thing i can say is my mistakes not handling the aircraft only mistakes i did was first attempt i descended 20 ft below mda for ndb approach, second was for vor/dme map i had to do 3 nm map i did on 2.9 but all the mistakes i learn and wont repeat it again its just stress i get before the test

metrosmoker
7th Oct 2006, 00:58
New Zealand have a very high standard, well Im not about to dispute that, however the standard required for a test is printed in black and white. You dont have to be above the standard, just meet it. I beleive that everywhere around the world the standard would be about the same. Minima`s are minima`s no matter what altitude they are at, same with DME distances.
As for 20ft, well you are in fact allowed to go below the minima as long as you take immediate steps to correct it. Immediate. A small thermal would cause you to loss 20ft quicker than you can react to do anything about it. If you then fly to the MAP 20ft low then, back to school. I descended below the minima because the engine was shut down and the aircraft couldn`t maintain altitude, the engine had been feathered 3 to 5 to the live and all that crap. I couldn`t be failed as I was following every procedure taught to me. Once the ATO said go around he quickly gave me the engine back as there was nothing else to test me on except how I would crash the thing!

chrispatrickGA
7th Oct 2006, 05:36
Mahmoodnz,

As Jb said you have first to go for a sim session before the psychotechnics test in GF.
But one thing is important , try to go for any test in your future w/o any fear or thinking of your previous reverses... mental conditioning is important.

I wish you all the best in your career. never give up :ok:

mahmoodnz
7th Oct 2006, 05:46
thanks chris i wont giveup and i will fight for it till i reach my goal

ruserious
7th Oct 2006, 07:12
(Flame suit on)
Don't worry the standards of flying aren't that high in GF (and yes that is from personal experience)

Left Wing
7th Oct 2006, 13:45
std getting low every day...lowest bidder winds...does not matter if they fly worth 2 cents

mahmoodnz
7th Oct 2006, 23:36
stds get lower by the way whats the best advise for me before sitting my next test shall i fly or just practise the approaches and sit the test coz my instructor told me u dont have problem with flying the aircraft just tidy up a little bit on management of the flying

Desert Budgie
7th Oct 2006, 23:57
Do a lot of chair flying. Sit infront of a cockpit poster (if u have one) and go through all ur normal and abnormal procedures. Go through each and every procedure u can think of so it becomes second nature in the test. Thats what I did anyway, helped a bunch.

Good Luck!

Gravox
8th Oct 2006, 01:44
Mahmoodnz,
before you sit the next test get a copy of what the requirements are, and what the allowances are.
I believe they state that for an approach -0ft +50ft of MDA. If this is the case don't fly down to minima. fly +20 ft or so, that way you have some fat built in to it. Same as approaches, and arcs. If you know what your limits are you can help reduce your stress levels, but don't be complacent with being +1/2 mile off track, or 1/2 dot high. It just gives you the knowledge that you wont fail being in this position

IFR is a different type of flying than vfr and i was confused by it at first but once you understand it and fly it more often it becomes 2nd nature, actually it is easier than VFR as you're told when to change radio frequencies, and cleared for approaches etc etc.

Best of luck with the next test. put in the hard yards, and pass. It doesn't look good failing to much! I use to struggle with stress leading up to flight tests. Find a way to deal with it,be it exercise, or chilling out before the test. Because in this industry you're always having flight tests, exams, and medicals.

Good Luck, and let us all know how you do.

mahmoodnz
9th Oct 2006, 04:12
i think its not only my problem i failed but also many students in the academy they had failed same maybe its instructors problems or they dont teach us the requirements for flight test

mahmoodnz
10th Oct 2006, 05:48
i am sitting my test again on this monday i will let u all know how it went i just need to practise on some other aerodrome approaches

mahmoodnz
20th Oct 2006, 23:35
hi everybody i completed my ifr yesterday and now i am cpl /meir i fought for my ifr but i got it now i will look where my future is going to be

1 thing i want to say for training students never giveup always fight for it

NG_Kaptain
21st Oct 2006, 01:06
Congrats on your perseverence, work hard and set high standards for yourself.