PDA

View Full Version : Airfield Ops?

sniper9652
3rd Oct 2006, 22:40
Hi Chaps! Just left the Army after 22 years, aged 41 now and still fit and able! I have always had a big interest in Aviation. I am looking for work in Airfield operations mainly in the North West!
My resettlement package from HM Forces did not include any careers of this type! :confused:
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Regards, Steve

xxx5572
4th Oct 2006, 16:54
As far as i am aware and dont quote me on this one, i believe getting a job in airfield ops requires you to start of working somewere else within the airport and when a position becomes available to apply, however bear in mind many other people are trying to do the same thing but theres no stopping you trying. hope it helps and gets the ball rolling for other replies. :ok: Good luck

w801jt
22nd Oct 2006, 16:56
Why not send a CV to BAE Systems Flight Ops at Warton? Similar to other aerodromes in the area of interest. May not bring any instant replies but will register your interest for the cost of a few stamps.

cessna l plate
22nd Oct 2006, 17:25
I am told that there is a City & Guilds qualification available in Airfield safety management, and most large operators are now looking at it as a minimum enrty requirment.

As for Manchester, there are sometimes external vacancies, but in the main they like you to have some experience of the airfield

My advice is to download CAP642 and CAP168 from the CAA website (both free) and digest them totally, this will stand you in very good stead. Then try some of the smaller places like Liverpool, Humberside etc before looking to move onto a bigger field like MAN.

Hope this helps and good luck

VP8
22nd Oct 2006, 19:16
Sakeskys seem to be doing a lot of bird control on airfields these days

VEEPS

Grolsch30
1st Nov 2006, 10:50
Hi Chaps! Just left the Army after 22 years, aged 41 now and still fit and able! I have always had a big interest in Aviation. I am looking for work in Airfield operations mainly in the North West!
My resettlement package from HM Forces did not include any careers of this type! :confused:
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Regards, Steve

Hi sniper9652

Have you had any luck with airfield ops?