PDA

View Full Version : CX expectations

elporco
3rd Oct 2006, 15:04
I have my 2nd interview for a DEFO in 3 weeks. If selected, what base in Europe should I expect to be awarded? Is commuting from FRA/CDG doable (to VCE)? How long is reserve period currently running? Upon upgrading, for how long one should expect to remain in HNK?

Thanks folks

Cpt. Underpants
3rd Oct 2006, 23:51
What has a CX DEFO position got to do with Hinchinbrooke Island Airport (HNK)? Hong Kong is VHHH or HKG.

CX has bases in FRA, CDG and LHR. Ask for the one closest to your domicile. I have no idea of the current base stats and how many folks are currently there or what the F/O CN ratios are. A CDG/FRA/LHR commute would be at your own expense, so whether its' "doable" depends on flight frequency and what sort of ticket you buy.

Reserves on a base are variable, from a single day to a week at a time. There is also an "A" day (available) where you have to make yourself available in case of a callout. The actual period of the A day depends on the scheduled departure time of the aircraft, but it's generally in the AM for possible callout for departure in the evening.

Upgrading from F/O to CN training - have no idea what the current procedure in CX is for freighters.