PDA

View Full Version : Natural Gas -5p a therm

ORAC
3rd Oct 2006, 15:38
The world is barking. bet you that price never gets through to the customer... :hmm: :hmm: BBC: Gas traders start giving it away (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5402370.stm)

Grainger
3rd Oct 2006, 16:07
Ha. Just like interest rate changes - when the wholesale price goes up, the increase is passed on to customers immediately.

When it goes down again . . . well, no prizes for guessing what happens :yuk:

Krystal n chips
3rd Oct 2006, 17:39
So, after all the hype about gas shortages this winter :yuk: and the latest hikes in prices :mad: --this happens---and do they really expect people to believe and trust them given that I would propose it was a case of get the prices up asap---"as we didn't know this pipeline would be working so soon":yuk: or similar complete bo££ocks from the PR Depts. of those concerned once the pipline is fully operational.

Price reductions in relation to new costs ? Worth listening out for some of the most, er, "creative" BS you will hear as to why this will not happen---drag out the process as long as possible--maximise the profits of course--then make a really generous ( on the surface ! ) gesture and hey presto, public conned again. Why can't they simply make the reduction within the next quarter---they seem to be able to increase in the same time period after all.

frostbite
3rd Oct 2006, 18:11
Look at the huge profit rises they've all announced!

All down to passing percentage rises on - a 100% rise in their price = 100% rise in our price according to them but there's a huge difference between the two.

Thieving sods.

G-CPTN
3rd Oct 2006, 18:20
At -5p a therm it would pay suppliers (not producers) to flame it off.
Global warming? WHAT global warming?

under_exposed
4th Oct 2006, 09:10
when the wholesale price goes up, the increase is passed on to customers immediately

We never saw the £1.40 a therm passed on

Buster Cherry
5th Oct 2006, 02:03
That gives me an idea.
http://forums.vugames.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/9-10643-110969-3568/funny%20fart.jpg

Fliegenmong
5th Oct 2006, 02:31
Oz Govt. is selling gas to the Chinese for the next 20 yrs at something like 0.003 cents a litre or some such ludicrously low rate :} , couldnít get that rate for Oz cars fitted with LPG tanks could we?:hmm:
(Thatís the same Gas isnít, happy to be corrected)

tinpis
5th Oct 2006, 05:09
The Chinese can turn the gas into a $28 cordless drill.
We cant do that.

Wait until they come and get the water.

Bokchoy fortunately is one of my faves.

Loose rivets
5th Oct 2006, 05:39
The Chinese can turn the gas into a $28 cordless drill.
We cant do that.

Try $4.50 for a complete drill/charger. (Walmart K-tech) One thinks the world has gone barmy.

Here, gas (as in petrol) has gone down from about $3 to $2 and a smidge. My neibour rolls home in a brand new Chevvy Trail-Blazer (three rows of seats ) for $19,500 About Ten grand in sterling. Almost always, his wife drives it alone.

Picking the kids up from school, rooooooooowwwwwwwws of V8s, all running to keep cool so that the little darlings won't feel too hot when they get in. :ugh:

What was the thread about again?

tinpis
5th Oct 2006, 06:04
The fastest selling car in the world? Noooo..... not the Corolla its a 5.7ltr V8 piece of junk Ford pick up truck.

Mind you the Chinese would give their left one for it.

Mariner9
5th Oct 2006, 09:37
So, after all the hype about gas shortages this winter :yuk: and the latest hikes in prices :mad: --this happens---and do they really expect people to believe and trust them given that I would propose it was a case of get the prices up asap---"as we didn't know this pipeline would be working so soon":yuk: or similar complete bo££ocks from the PR Depts. of those concerned once the pipline is fully operational.

Not sure they particularly care what JB'ers believe. You might ask yourselves however why 4 oil/gas majors are currently investing $5 billion in a new LNG import terminal in Milford Haven, which if the BBC story is to be taken at face value, is not required.

Britain's Gas supply is dwindling. We will have to import gas. Prices will go up in the coming years.

tony draper
5th Oct 2006, 09:47
Build a wee nuke power generator at the end of each street,we got lots of Uranium,in fact make em breeder reactors,they produce more fuel that they consume,then we can tell em to stick the gas back up their fundaments.
:rolleyes:

G-CPTN
5th Oct 2006, 10:46
Do you remember when they told us that 'in the future' (ie now) Nuclear Power would make it un-necessary to charge for electricity. Seems that Gas has now achieved that.
Now. About global warming . . .

ShyTorque
5th Oct 2006, 14:54
Great. BlQQdy typical! :*

I've just received a letter from 'npower' telling me that MY gas has gone UP in price as from 1st October!

Is it just me? Was it something I said? :confused: