PDA

View Full Version : An Adventure with Q

Ogsplash
3rd Oct 2006, 09:22
I have never experienced anything like this. I booked a Qantas domestic flight to fly between Wellington and Auckland. Night before the flight, I receive a text message saying the 1:30 flight was cancelled. So, I ring Qantas to arrange a new flight. First one available, 4:30. So I cancel the meeting and book that flight. A second text message an hour so later...that one is cancelled! So I book the 6:30 flight.

Arrive at Wellington Airport and lo and behold, that flight is cancelled! This time it is weather...fair enough. So book the 1:30 flight next day.

Come 11:00 next day, I receive a phone call from Qantas saying the 1:30 is cancelled. I keep asking why on each cancellation and all I get is, "sorry, I don't know". So I turn up at 5 to be told by the man on the counter..."sorry you're not on our system to fly"....at this stage I'm ready to find GD and tell him what I think of his f*king airline. To the rep's credit he gets me a flight...on Air New Zealand!!!!! I know it's not the people who have to face the customer that to blame and that's why I kept my cool with them but frankly, if Qantas can't fill its seats or keep aircraft flying, get out of the market.

I know I may only be SLF but after booking and paying for a ticket on a particular flight and having to rearrange meetings and looking like a complete pratt, I have learned my lesson: When flying in New Zealand, give the Kangaroo a miss.

ZK-NSN
3rd Oct 2006, 19:38
Time to spare? travel by air.

ZK-DAN
3rd Oct 2006, 21:27
More time yet, take a jet

LocoDriver
3rd Oct 2006, 21:58
I have to do that trip on a regular basis.
The Red Kangaroo does that quite a bit......... but they are usually cheaper, especially at the last minute ,than the Koru tailed ones.

you pay your money, and take your chances.

Sometimes, I take a 172, its quicker in the end to fly onesself, than to queue
at both ends, then be told the flight is cancelled.

:E :E

rammel
4th Oct 2006, 10:48
I do know that a couple of days ago flights to WLG were pretty much all canx due to the WX. For the lack of customer service in general, sadly it is more common place everyday. Also it is Air NZ staff who do the check in for QF.