PDA

View Full Version : PA31. Endorsement costs.

brown_eyes
3rd Oct 2006, 01:19
Looking to do a PA31 endorsement. What sort of endorsement costs am I looking at. Approximately how long does it normally take? I have been quoted by one school $1800 is that a fair price.

Capt Mo
3rd Oct 2006, 02:38
Hey,

While I haven't flown with this company yet (considering doing MECIR there), have a look at Johnston Aviation Services at YPMQ. At last check they were charging $1500 for 2.5 hours (I think). They seem to be restructuring prices at the moment, so that price will probebly change. But anywhere between $1500 and $2000 seems to be pretty standard.

Mo

bushy
3rd Oct 2006, 03:41
I paid $2900 to get a PA31 endorsement in Melbourne for a pilot who had twin time already. Maybe some where else is better.

777WakeTurbz
3rd Oct 2006, 04:08
Hey,

While I haven't flown with this company yet (considering doing MECIR there), have a look at Johnston Aviation Services at YPMQ. At last check they were charging $1500 for 2.5 hours (I think). They seem to be restructuring prices at the moment, so that price will probebly change. But anywhere between $1500 and $2000 seems to be pretty standard.

Mo

Johnstons are now about $2000 for the PA31 endorsement i believe, one of my colleagues did his endorsement after he finished his MECIR with them.

I think $2000 is pretty standard these days, if you find it cheaper then go for it, but i guess you also need to consider how far you have to travel for it as well and add that to the cost of the endorsement then go for the cheapest overall package.

Turbz:ok:

Woomera
3rd Oct 2006, 05:10
"I think $2000 is pretty standard these days, if you find it cheaper then go for it, but i guess you also need to consider how good the endorsement is and whether you got a "pencil" endorsement or a real one."

Ooops. Sorry. Guess I miss read you.......... :}

You get what you pay for! :=

777WakeTurbz
3rd Oct 2006, 05:17
Oops, that too, the reputaion of the operator should count for something as well.

You also have to remember that most companies will not let you fly their PA31s without around 50hours on type and something like 1000TT for that reason, the initial endorsement is just an licence to learn, then fine tune your experience and knowledge while your doing your ICUS.
Nobody can handle a cheiftan properly straight away, and noone is going to pay for a 50hr endorsement...:hmm:

Turbz:ok:

Torres
3rd Oct 2006, 05:20
Too true Wooms! Reminds me of the CASA FOI that did a 1.9 hour "pencil" Cessna Caravan endorsement.

His subsequent actions confirmed he'd even be unsafe in a Viscount Caravan!!!!! :E :E :E

Same guy did a "pencil" endorsement on a Cessna 310 then on his first flight wanted to US the aircraft after he pumped all the fuel overboard!!! :E :E :E

Yup, you get what you pay for!

$2,000 sounds cheap for a good PA31 endorsement, particularly if the candidate has low multi time.