PDA

View Full Version : Admore Low Flying Accident

Capt. On Heat
2nd Oct 2006, 23:36
I notice in this issue of Vector the ZK-TAX occurence brief from July 2005. The cause being put down to 'The instructor took control of the aircraft to carry out an evasive manoeuvre in order to avoid a flock of birds.' Then stalling and being 'ditched' into the LFA.

Hmmmm, not the story I've been told which is far less flattering on the instructor. :=

Anyone else privy to a similar version of events? Matty J et al at NZAR?

sir.pratt
3rd Oct 2006, 00:51
obviously the instructor didn't actually 'take control' - he just assisted it onto the ground :hmm:

and shouldn't his primary concern been to keep the plane in the air?

cjam
3rd Oct 2006, 01:08
Heh heh,,,, with 1700hrs in 172's you'd think he could perhaps feel a stall comin on. Anyone with half a brain would fly through the flock of birds before stalling the thing, Another good reason to train elsewhere.

FL440
3rd Oct 2006, 06:15
I think this ones been done to death!

Glad all ok!

shall we move on :ugh:

Capt. On Heat
3rd Oct 2006, 07:05
Not quite FL440.
I understand there was no flock of birds, except in the cover up story.

ZK-NSN
3rd Oct 2006, 20:08
The only bird invovled in that accident was the turkey flying.

rivers
3rd Oct 2006, 20:17
Raise your hand if you havent done something 'silly' in an aircraft?

Im sure the silence will be ominous...........at least no one was hurt.....

im just annoyed by the guy in the helicopter that tore the tail off TAX trying to lift it out (full of water at high tide) :D around a weak point on the aircraft :D

rhyllie
3rd Oct 2006, 20:50
I have to agree with FL440.

Capt On Heat – unless you can shed light on something new about this incident that we haven’t heard repeated over and over already, who cares???? :rolleyes:

Really?? :hmm:

Capt. On Heat
11th Oct 2006, 23:44
Sorry Rhyllie, hadn't heard this repeated over at all, I did try a search but drew a blank hence starting a thread. My point and what I find surprising is that the CAA put out a seemingly fabricated report on it. Yep we've all made cock-ups in aeroplanes and most admit it-isn't that the point? Not trying to bullsh*t is a far better way of going about it.

Cloud Cutter
12th Oct 2006, 01:14
I do have to agree. Coming clean would leave far less tarnish than such an obvious cover-up. The fact that the CAA have accepted, and reproduced it is the bigger joke.

Yes, we've all done silly things in aeroplanes, and perhaps some of us are lucky not to have ended up in the tide (so to speak), but at least be willing to admit to your stuff-ups.