PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 aircraft shortage?

perkin
2nd Oct 2006, 20:57
Flying MAN-AMS today, 1 hour delay, Capt announces delay due to shortage of aircraft, reasons for shortage he "won't go in to" - anyone know if something sinister is amiss at Jet2, or was it just some unscheduled maintenance/repairs and he was just having a bit of fun being evasive?! Excellent Captain though, he shares a name with a (former?) radio2 DJ and sounds just like him!!

jet2impress
3rd Oct 2006, 08:28
Flying MAN-AMS today, 1 hour delay, Capt announces delay due to shortage of aircraft, reasons for shortage he "won't go in to" - anyone know if something sinister is amiss at Jet2, or was it just some unscheduled maintenance/repairs and he was just having a bit of fun being evasive?! Excellent Captain though, he shares a name with a (former?) radio2 DJ and sounds just like him!!

Just unscheduled maintenance I believe. A couple of AOG's between the bases, you know how it is.

perkin
3rd Oct 2006, 10:01
Just unscheduled maintenance I believe. A couple of AOG's between the bases, you know how it is.

Thought as much, I guess el Capitan was just having some amusement being a bit evasive...! Jet2 will be back to business as normal shortly then? Whats an AOG by the way?

BRISTOLRE
4th Oct 2006, 11:59
AIRCRAFT ON GROUND - serious situation!

perkin
4th Oct 2006, 16:40
AIRCRAFT ON GROUND - serious situation!

Ah, I see, thanks! Judging by some of the oil stains on one or two of Jet2's 737's I'm not surprised this happens from time to time! Hazard of flying an aging fleet I guess...

Anyone know if Jet2 are planning to follow EZY & Ryanairs lead and update their fleet at some point in the not too distant, or do they not have the capital available to purchase new aircraft just yet?