PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought it couldn't get worse .....

Taildragger
2nd Oct 2006, 12:27
Incredible video here of a Citation Overshoot. It's quite longish, but stick with it. This Captain's day is about to get worse.!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06LBgfuxgA

ju7ez
2nd Oct 2006, 22:06
Wow, who would have thought a Citation was actually an amphibian in disguise!?! :p

PLovett
4th Oct 2006, 01:26
Wasn't this the crash last year where the runway length was too short to start with and then the pilot compounded the problem with a downwind landing? :ugh:

As taildragger said, the pilots day just got worse the longer it went on. :{

gaunty
4th Oct 2006, 02:26
I suspect that this was an unexpected "benefit" of having FADEC controlled engines.

The pilot was already in the dinghy after completing his shutdown checks, contemplating his future life as a (insert lowly ground based job here) when the water rising in the cockpit or somewhere around the electrics closes the master switch and then the engine starter switch, then the FADEC controls and bingo a prototype ekranoplane that just cant get up on the step.:p

Capn Bloggs
4th Oct 2006, 03:39
It wouldn't have been so bad if the FADEC had noticed the left engine wasn't running: then it could have put in a bit of right rudder and driven the nearjet up on to the bank instead of round in circles! :)

UnderneathTheRadar
4th Oct 2006, 04:45
Wasn't this the crash last year where the runway length was too short to start with and then the pilot compounded the problem with a downwind landing? :ugh:
As taildragger said, the pilots day just got worse the longer it went on. :{

And the airport documentation all says "No Jets" :{

Would love to know what happened to him?

UTR.

ackattacker
4th Oct 2006, 04:50
And the airport documentation all says "No Jets" :{

Would love to know what happened to him?

UTR.

Owner flown - crazy Dane bought another plane and named it "OY-WET". No kidding.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1062899/M/

FL440
4th Oct 2006, 07:32
I think the video is summed up by "we go a nutball here" at the start of the video!!

whilst its never good fortune to laugh at anothers mistake, you cant help but find this one mildly amusing!

:eek:

i dont think ive ever seen a light jet touch down so fast!

PLovett
4th Oct 2006, 07:40
Owner flown - crazy Dane bought another plane and named it "OY-WET". No kidding.

Got to give him marks for a sense of humour.:ok:

Ultralights
4th Oct 2006, 07:42
if you cant laugh at a mistake like that, what can ya do?

gaunty
4th Oct 2006, 10:54
Bloggs old chap, I understand there was some serious concern for that possibility for a short while.

Dunno how they would have stopped it??

And yes it could've then gotten a whole lot worse. :E