PDA

View Full Version : If you had your time over again......

hoopdreams
2nd Oct 2006, 05:44
What would you do differently? Or would you do things the same? Would you still be a pilot?

:)

the wizard of auz
2nd Oct 2006, 06:10
I would have spent the money on grog and women. :}

aero979
2nd Oct 2006, 08:27
gday wiz

as long as we didnt have to drink that grog behind the hanger again eh!

hoopdreams
2nd Oct 2006, 08:39
Gotcha...spend money on booze and women, I've written that down for future reference. :hmm:

Ultralights
2nd Oct 2006, 08:55
at the big intersection of life, (fresh from high school) i would NOT have taken the Job with QF, and stuck with my IT courses, way back in the late 80's

the guys i dropeed out of the IT courses with are now running their own companies and earning well over 747 captain money...:ugh:

apart from that, i would change Nothing.. except maybe that one night in......:}

roadrunna
2nd Oct 2006, 09:06
The guys making money in IT nowadays are old school but there's not much in IT these days for the younger generation unless you're working like 5 days a week and on call ( nights and weekends in case something goes wrong ).

Now that all the IT jobs are moving offshore to India, if I could go back and change things I would have chosen a Commerce degree instead of a Computer Science degree, 3 years on since I've graduated and I still have a huge HECS debt and little money to do anything useful except learn to fly :)

Continental-520
2nd Oct 2006, 11:28
I sure as hell would be a pilot if I had my time again.

One thing I would change though, ... and I'm glad my Mum doesn't read these forums, cause she'd be saying "I told you so!" :

1) I would've done a little better in high school, since I got to the stage where I just didn't care any more in the end. Bad move..and,

2) Would've done those bloody ATPL subjects before I went bush.

:mad:

520. :{

hoopdreams
2nd Oct 2006, 11:35
My brother decided to do an IT degree for the money. After he graduated and got a job, he'd realised that he hated computer programming (never liked it in the first place), thus hating his IT jobs. So I guess I've learnt from his mistake. But I guess different things motivate different ppl, some ppl can stick something out with the money as their major focus. I've currently got a 50k office job, and I can tell you there is no way I'm gonna pursue a career in this area, abeit the rewarding salaries further up the ranks.

hoopdreams
2nd Oct 2006, 11:39
2) Would've done those bloody ATPL subjects before I went bush.

Please explain...

disco_air
2nd Oct 2006, 12:23
correct me if i am mistaken, 520, but it would be because its a pain in the :mad: to go back and get them done?

thats one thing im GLAD i did.

say cheers to all the boys in the mount from me in the port 520 :ok:

...disco

the wizard of auz
2nd Oct 2006, 15:01
AeroHehehehe, yeah. I could probably afford to drink them in the pub over here if I didn't go spending it on flying. :}
Mind you, they sure were good at the time. ........ shame that nurse came a looking for ya. :}
my shout when I get down that way. coming to visit a mate down your way before xmas.

Ricky Bobby
2nd Oct 2006, 23:10
I too would have given more of a damn in school and taken care of the maths and physics. Didnt bother at the time as I believed I wasnt smart enough to be a pilot. My instructors would have agreed with that sentiment :}

I also would have done a trade right after school so at least I would be able to pay the bills if things went pear shaped.

Continental-520
3rd Oct 2006, 07:30
Got it in one, disco.