PDA

View Full Version : AFL Grand Final last 15 mins

precession
30th Sep 2006, 07:15
How good was that last 15/20 minutes, tit for tat scoring, 1 point in it, West Coast Eagles hung on, good to see they lasted....... :p

edited for aviation content, : yeah, I was in a 182T watching another bloke in another 182Q (I think) draw smoke circles in the sky..........blah blah blaj..blaj hlaj haaj haa...

Scurvy.D.Dog
30th Sep 2006, 07:44
..... Bravo both teams .... what a match!
... Congrats to the Weagles :ok:
... Bugga!! :{
.... aviation content ...... was airborne off the lounge lots .. :E
.... not gunna do much RT tomorrow either! :ooh: :}

Led Zep
30th Sep 2006, 08:20
Bah! Poor Swannies. :{

Aviation content? Well, both teams will be travelling back home on some RPT flights shortly, I'm sure. :E

Capn Bloggs
30th Sep 2006, 08:29
GO The Eagles! Aviation content: they were FLYING high. :ok:

Keg
30th Sep 2006, 08:47
.... not gunna do much RT tomorrow either! :ooh: :}

I hope like hell it's my sector on monday otherwise the boss may be doing both the flying AND the radio work. Nothing left in my voice either!

Sad for the Swannies but they were well held by the WCE for the first half with many Swans 'down'. Full credit to the WCE second tier players who stood tall.

It just goes to show that 2005 was no fluke for the Swannies. :D Look out in 2007! :E

3 Holer
30th Sep 2006, 08:49
WELL done WEST COAST EAGLES ! ! !

tobzalp
30th Sep 2006, 09:23
OH NOE DON LET DANNY SEE THIS!!!!!!!:=

:8 :mad: :ok:

mingalababya
30th Sep 2006, 09:23
aviation content: great job done by the guys/girls at EN tower. It was getting quite hectic there aroung the G with aircraft requesting city orbits, mixed with TV choppers, the blimp and aircraft operating in and out of EN. :ok: Quite a few bizjets dropping into EN as well including Dick's Citation 525.

Manuel Reversion
30th Sep 2006, 09:50
3holer you behave at the waratar and you must have had a couple of stains in your y fronts with a minute to go :D

Ozgrade3
30th Sep 2006, 12:12
Does anyone know how many seats on airlines were sold from having teh AFL and NRL both having out of city finalists. peaple in the terminals tell me that you couldnt get a seat into Melbourne from anywher on the friday.

Woomera
30th Sep 2006, 12:16
:D :D :D

:} :} :} :}

"...couldnt get a seat into Melbourne from anywher on the friday."

Who would want to get there even between Saturday and Thursday???

Sunny Woomera

sinala1
30th Sep 2006, 14:42
Virgin flights have been chockers all over the network for the last couple of weeks - friday operated at something like 93% load factor for the day. All week you could not get a flight to melbourne, and I heard stories of people (read: staff travellers) trying to get to melbourne and sydney via gold coast, adelaide and god knows where else... I *heard* that the only seats available SYD-MEL on friday were a couple of QF J class seats @ over $1000 each one way :eek: (although I am not presenting that as fact - just what I heard from an F/O who's mum and sister were trying to get from syd back to mel)

Jose Cuervo
30th Sep 2006, 15:35
**** yeah! What a game. It was the best I've ever seen especially Judd, Kerr, Cousins, and Hunter. These guys are true champions... Hehehe WA is surely the leader in football. Anyone care to dispute that fact :E

pilotdude09
30th Sep 2006, 16:31
I know 2 people who got tickets at the last minute to the game and flew via Singapore then on to Melbourne from Perth and came in ALOT cheaper than flying PER-MEL on a J fare which were in excess on $1000.00 which is crazy.

max AB
30th Sep 2006, 18:58
Great game, I was watching it live via satellite in the Middle East, then at 3 minutes to go the feed got scrambled. Came good as the gongs were being handed out.... :* .... then I went flying etc etc

tlf
30th Sep 2006, 19:52
So where are the moderators, shouldn't they be cutting short this non aviation orientated bandwidth wasting thread?

Oh wait, one of them is participating!!!!

Oh well, two sets of rules I guess.:=

Scurvy.D.Dog
30th Sep 2006, 20:05
tlf ... how does ..... **** off grab ya for aviation related bandwidth :E

3 Holer
1st Oct 2006, 03:06
Yeah, pull your head in tlf ;)

No stains on my Y fronts MR 'cause with a minute to go The mighty WEAGLES had it in the bag !
When are your beloved PIEs going to make it into the big time ? :confused:

Lord Snot
1st Oct 2006, 04:39
Makes up for last year's disappointing grand final.... I guess that means next year's grand final is to be played in Perth...! :ok:

kellykelpie
1st Oct 2006, 06:34
Carn the Eagles. You bloody beauty!!!!!:D

HotDog
1st Oct 2006, 13:32
Yeah, pigs might fly (aviation content). Calling AFL football is even worse than calling footbal soccer!:E

Charlie Foxtrot India
1st Oct 2006, 13:33
Was listening to the game on the ADF :)

Redstone
1st Oct 2006, 13:39
interesting pass time, but not nearly as good as the real thing.......... the game they play in heaven.

Charlie Foxtrot India
1st Oct 2006, 13:46
yeah.. but some of us had to be in aeroplanes :{

Eagles Rock!

ausflying
2nd Oct 2006, 00:17
Yeah, pigs might fly (aviation content). Calling AFL football is even worse than calling footbal soccer!:E

Theres always at least one W@nker in every football or rugby thread on any aussie forum.

777WakeTurbz
2nd Oct 2006, 00:57
Congrats to the West Coast, and Sydney for that matter, they both put on a spectacular nail biter! :}

When are your beloved PIEs going to make it into the big time ? :confused:

They are just biding their time, we need some new high flying forwards unless tarrant and rocca plan on taking off soon and scoring some goals. (note aviation content)

Theres always at least one W@nker in every football or rugby thread on any aussie forum.

Here here :D

Turbz:ok:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
2nd Oct 2006, 01:14
WHAT A GAME!!!!!!
ACES to the West Coast Eagles!!!!!!:D :D
Congrats to the Sydney Swans for a 'good' game - despite a certain Mr B Hall
giving our Bennie a kidney punch with elbow.....:E :mad:
And, AXES to THAT Bloody Blimp for covering the ground in its shadow at the most inappropriate times - like just when we were kicking for a goal.....:=:=
Ban the Blimp!!!!!! (Aviation Content)......
But we got the goal anyway............:D :D
Cheers:ok: :ok:

HotDog
2nd Oct 2006, 02:29
originally posted by ausflying: Theres always at least one W@nker in every football or rugby thread on any aussie forum.

Don't be too hard on your self mate.:ok:

Towering Q
2nd Oct 2006, 10:54
I thought it was just me that was getting a little peeved with that blimp's shadow. (Aviation content.) It was bad enough when play entered the shadows, plenty of them at the G.

Great game. Always a good contest between Sydney and West Coast, real 'edge of your seat' stuff. (Even my folks watched it and they don't like football...in any of it's forms!)

Going Boeing
3rd Oct 2006, 01:08
Hehehe WA is surely the leader in football. Anyone care to dispute that fact :E

Wake-up Aussie Rules fans:- football = SOCCER :=

The_Cutest_of_Borg
3rd Oct 2006, 01:30
Soccer=Football??!

Three words. Goalkeeper, Throw ins....

HotDog
3rd Oct 2006, 01:47
From Wikipedia:
Football (also known as association football or soccer).
The object of the game is to score by maneuvering the ball into the opposing goal. The predominant feature of the sport is that no players other than the goalkeepers may use their hands or arms to propel the ball in general play. The winner is the team who score the most goals .

jack red
6th Oct 2006, 05:07
Knock Knock !!

Who's there ?

OWEN

OWEN who ?

O Wen the Saints, O Wen the Saints, O Wen the Saints come marching in......

...........hat, coat................door

Woomera
6th Oct 2006, 05:50
You lot are incorrigible.

This is an aviation site OK:ok:

But like the horse race in Nov that stops a nation so it must be with an AFL Grand final, the Wallaroos and Socceroos when they get to a Test or World Cup, we do allow a little leeway. Dunno 'bout the NRL though. :p

I'll probably get the sack but lets keep the aviation content up please.:= :\

Pedota
6th Oct 2006, 21:51
Aviation content . . . lots of people around me were annoyed by the fact that the Holden Airship’s huge shadow was apparently being aimed at the centre of the ground in each pass. It was a constant distraction for the entire game – but I guess that’s the point of advertising!

SkySista
8th Oct 2006, 06:09
Bloody great game!! (Even if I never watch AFL myself... I watched this one!) :}

Aviation content: ALong the lines of seats sold, would be interested to know how much revenue was generated by people chartering winged things left, right and centre to get to MEL... did the DC3 end up making it over there? Had a story on the news prior saying someone had chartered it... also remember last year people calling operators and asking for D8s, Brasilias etc (yes, Brasilia to Mel, must have been desperate!!! :E)

So, anyone got any idea how many WA-based a/c went over for the big game??

(Is that enough 'aviation content for you Woomera?! :p)

3 Holer
8th Oct 2006, 11:42
Two 146's from NJS and a F100 from Skywest or maybe Alliance and it was worth every penny...............so I am told..... from the participating Eagle supporters :D

ITCZ
8th Oct 2006, 19:50
Assume you are suggesting that Rugby League is "football"............. funny about that since the ball is only "footed" on average 11 times in the whole "game"

Get your etymology right. Football is a 16th century term. Nobility and gentry played games on horseback. Football games were played by commoners and townsfolk, on foot. :ok:

If they were to come back from the dead and take a look, none of the people that played those 'football' games would recognise any such games being played under the name 'football.'