PDA

View Full Version : PA31 Endorsement.

brown_eyes
30th Sep 2006, 02:06
Looking to do a PA31 endorsement in the Melbourne area. If anyone knows of a Navajo going at a good rate preferably on airswitch could you please PM me, have to do it in the next 2 weeks.

THE IRON MAIDEN
30th Sep 2006, 02:44
Australasian Jet run some out of En. Might be a place to start

Riding the Goat
30th Sep 2006, 08:47
Try Sharp Aviation (Airlines) out at Essendon, they run several PA31-350 on RPT runs but can do endorsements whilst sitting on the ground between flights.

http://sharpairlines.com/training/

Most of the other schools/clubs that state they can do the endorsements cross hire the aircraft from elsewhere and its near impossible to get a charter company to part with their twin so its very hard to organise. I tried, plus they'll cross hire it at a charter rate, so its expansive.

If your boss wants it why not get them to loan you the aircraft and even better pay for it! I know its been done to death but guys have to stop paying for endorsements, most operators I know are so desperate at the moment for experienced twin pilots that if you put the pressure on them they'll come to the party, but if you just hand out your cash without asking they'll take it.

sicilian
30th Sep 2006, 13:36
If you want to hop across the border try Air South in Adelaide. Not sure if they're still doing them but sorted me out no probs a year ago

bushy
1st Oct 2006, 01:59
If you want the boss to pay for your endorsement then you had better be prtepared to give him a decent return on his investment. I know of a case of a young pilot who cost his employer LOTS of training money, and the only stayed about two months. He never did intend to stay.
Sure, it would be good if endoresements were free, like they used to be, but this will not happen until there is more stability and committment from pilots. Too many treat GA as just something to be exploited, and so they are destroying the goodwill, and the livelihood of the dedicated bush pilots.
So free endorsements are now hard to come by. If the mutual trust and respect ever comes back then the free endorsements may come back as well.
In the meantime, some sort of bond, , or other financial agreement has become appropriate in most cases.

Wizofoz
1st Oct 2006, 02:40
but this will not happen until there is more stability and committment from pilots.

Well, this wil not happen until there is more commitement from EMPLOYERS to making GA jobs worth staying in!!

Too many treat GA PILOTS assomething to be exploited

Amasing how "Market forces" never seem to apply to the retetion of staff:=

bushy
2nd Oct 2006, 03:50
Quite correct Wiz. it's a two way street. The Supply and demand rule DOES apply, and there is a gross oversupply of pilots, many of who are here for the wrong reasons. And some poor operators who are here for the wrong reasons.