PDA

View Full Version : CD Burner help??

tony draper
29th Sep 2006, 15:21
Hmm,got my new puter with XP upon it running ok and for the first time my CD burner appears to work,(it never worked in windows or at least the software NERO did not like win 98)
Anyway managed to copy a few music files to a CD and it worked ok,however I have a folder with literaly hundreds of backing tracks,some MP3 some just Midi, and Nero only seems to allow me to copy or burn em one at a time,it going to take eons to copy them all,is there no way that I can just ask it to copy the contents of a whole folder?
:confused:

frostbite
29th Sep 2006, 17:09
Can you not highlight the folder itself?

Or, click on first file to highlight it, hold SHIFT, scroll down and then click on the last one and they should all 'light up'.

vapilot2004
29th Sep 2006, 17:58
Not sure which version of the Nero you have Mr. D. I can tell you that there are two ways to backup MP3s onto CDR.

1.As a music CD - readable in any CD player. The music CD method has a 90min playing time limit (or thereabouts) and does take a very long time to burn.

2.A data CD would only play in CD players designed to read MP3s saved as a PC file or in a computer. It is generally written very quickly. You could literally fit hundreds of the files onto 1 blank CDR. (700mb)

Try opening Nero and choosing Data CD as type to create, then as FB suggests, drag and drop the lot of them onto the Nero window.

Good Luck !

spannersatcx
29th Sep 2006, 18:52
is there no way that I can just ask it to copy the contents of a whole folder?

Yes make a data cd nero tutorial (http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Tutorial_Data.html)

tony draper
29th Sep 2006, 19:34
Thanks chaps, I should have spent a bit more time reading the manual I suppose but I find by the time I have scrolled to the third page I have forgoten what the first two said. :uhoh:
One shall give it another go later tonight
:rolleyes:

rickity
29th Sep 2006, 20:30
i have had no end of trouble with Nero, which has involved a round of de-install , playing with Registry entries, re installing, usually burns one disc, just to get your hopes up and then fails to burn anymore. XP cd write functions seems to work reliably enough, but now i have binned Nero for Burn4free which does exactly what it says for both CD's and DVD's. google for it and you shall find.

Rickity

slim_slag
30th Sep 2006, 07:45
Draper. If you have XP then this comes out of the box, you don't need any 3rd party software. Right click on the folder or files you want to burn and send it to the CD drive. Navigate to the CD drive and you will see an option to write the files to the CD. Only problem you have to contend with is making sure you don't copy more Mb than the CD can hold, and it sounds like organising your file system would help.