PDA

View Full Version : Depressurisation Endorsement Question

flying_flick
29th Sep 2006, 07:11
Hey all,

Just wondering, for someone entering the world of GA is it useful to get a depressurisation endorsement or should I wait until the time when it’s required?

Cheers Flick

The Messiah
29th Sep 2006, 07:25
I think you mean pressurisation endorsement and I wouldn't bother as it will come with the a/c endorsement when you do it eg. Aerostar 601P.

Chimbu chuckles
29th Sep 2006, 07:32
Or do you mean a run in an altitude chamber where they simulate depressurisation?

The only way to get a 'pressurised hull' endorsement is to be type rated on a pressurised aircraft...and that will happen in it's own time.

gas-chamber
29th Sep 2006, 07:33
If you mean a Pressurisation System endorsement, anything that gives you the drop on your competition is worth considering, if you are at the job search stage. Apparently a large jet operator is now accepting applications from very inexperienced pilots, as they realise that the next generation of First Officers may wait 15 years or so for their commands. No point in taking well qualified pilots as they will only get antsy when their commands don't come up a year or two after they join.

Chilli Tarts
29th Sep 2006, 07:43
I would have a stab in the dark and think that you already have a depressurised endorsement?:E

M.25
29th Sep 2006, 10:43
Nope. Spend your money on something a little more useful. Some 200 series time or a common multi endorsement would be much more useful. I don't think I have ever seen "pressurisation endorsement" as a minimum requirement.

morno
29th Sep 2006, 12:48
Where can I get me one of these plash new Depressurisation endorsements?? :}:}:}

A pressurisation endorsement however, for an entry level GA dude, absolutely useless.

morno

harrowing
29th Sep 2006, 21:20
I hope that it may take the pressure away from getting your first job in aviation.
Good luck and keep trying. Listen to your heart but watch out when it beats faster.
Cheers