PDA

View Full Version : Stay or go? That is the question!..

Finals19
29th Sep 2006, 04:17
OK, so a quick and concise question for those with their "finger on the pulse" in Europe:

Me - Canadian CPL ME/IR with 1200hrs (700hrs multi piston, 500hrs PIC (300MPIC) currently employed flying cargo on piston twin, giving some serious consideration to going over to Europe and converting to JAA (right to work in Europe) Option to convert or continue in Canada building MPIC piston. Not a spring chicken anymore (mid thirty something) :sad:

Feasability? A relatively large investment of time and money with what sort of reaslistic outcome? Now I know many will say "use the search function" (I have and am also emailing a few select CP's to get some feedback) but there must be people who are/have done similar things who might be able to give me some more pointers.
Cheers!

Con-Trail
29th Sep 2006, 05:06
I don't see any difficulties regarding your age. Speaking for myself I invested a lot of money into my integrated training and I am 34. I am confident that there will be a job at the end of it.

Hope this helps!

20driver
29th Sep 2006, 13:19
Check out the canada thread. There is a pretty detailed discussion of what is involved in converting. Pretty expensive but it seems to be a much better job market in Europe
Good luck
20driver