PDA

View Full Version : QF A330 drivers to Jet Airways

The_Cutest_of_Borg
29th Sep 2006, 04:06
Strong rumour going around about surplus QF A330 drivers being offered 3 month basings with Jet Airways. No other details about where they would be based although it would probably be Mumbai.

Jet Airways have 10 A330-200's on order with 10 options. They go to LHR and I guess some of these new aircraft would be opening new routes to Europe and elsewhere.

Toluene Diisocyanate
29th Sep 2006, 05:12
(Aussie accent) "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is captain Sanjeev Johnston speaking. Welcome aboard Jet Airways...............":ok:

Chimbu chuckles
29th Sep 2006, 07:37
When a very senior QF Captain and ex CP leaves QF for the Curry Continent what does that tell you?:hmm:

Trash Hauler
29th Sep 2006, 07:51
That the curries are dang good....................:sad:

Aussie
29th Sep 2006, 09:05
Gotta have a laugh!!!!

:}

Aussie

Taildragger67
29th Sep 2006, 13:18
When a very senior QF Captain and ex CP leaves QF for the Curry Continent what does that tell you?:hmm:

That he got offered Director of Flight Operations probably on a very tasty pre-retirement expat package??

http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/en-US/Investor+Relations/Management/Senior+Management/

Looks like he didn't jump straight from the Rat to the land of curry; maybe this was the best gig going after he was done helping the Koreans.

Or given the other expats in Jet's senior management, maybe they got confused with a Germanic surname and the ol' Austrian/Australian thing...

soldier of fortune
29th Sep 2006, 21:40
seem's the former head of qf line maintenance engineering- has gone up there to head their- engineering department as well.
dam those dodgy vindoloos must be good.:uhoh: :uhoh:

happydriver
30th Sep 2006, 03:09
There are already 7 QF B737 skippers on LWOP with Jet Airways......with apparaently more on the way....so why not for those Bus drivers who are'nt to keen on rotating from blank to reserve for 2-3 odd years.

Enjoy your curry gents!

HD

Scooter Rassmussin
30th Sep 2006, 06:35
What happened to the good old days when surplus crew could sit at home on base pay for months on end.............

Aussie
1st Oct 2006, 00:15
What happened to the good old days when surplus crew could sit at home on base pay for months on end.............

I think there long gone my friend!

Aussie

Bolty McBolt
1st Oct 2006, 09:45
Soldier of Fortune..

seem's the former head of qf line maintenance engineering- has gone up there to head their- engineering department as well

Are we talking Mr Potatoe Head?

richie-rich
1st Oct 2006, 10:27
When a very senior QF Captain and ex CP leaves QF for the Curry Continent what does that tell you?

vindaloo tastes better when in ....india ;)

soldier of fortune
1st Oct 2006, 18:28
..........yes:eek:

rescue 1
3rd Oct 2006, 09:31
Hmmm...I see that Jet have the slogan "Spirit of New India"

Perhaps this is a sign of the "jobs offshore" programme?

noip
3rd Oct 2006, 10:53
Unfortunately for the conspiracy theorists above ....

The said CP retired some time ago (two CP have had tenure since), and he did not go straight to the sub continent. He's just using industry contacts.

Really hope it comes off, though.

N

noip
3rd Oct 2006, 15:12
MC

Yes, I really hope the deal comes through. I know the former CP and I do know what India is if you don't have the financials ...

Your post may be applicable in the generalities, but is irrelevent in this instance.

Rgs

N

ShockWave
4th Oct 2006, 05:48
MC, has a better grasp of the actual situation.
You may get paid good money, but you will still be living in a third world country in a nice Hotel, surrounded by crap.
Have a day off? feel like a drive or swim at the beach? Forget it! Either one will probably kill you.

Forget how bored you might be with no flying and the same old destinations at QF.
Bombay is not another Singapore or Tokyo, be very sure of what you expect before you put your hand up.

wayne_krr
4th Oct 2006, 07:06
The guys from Dubai have valid points from first experience. Dubai at most levels is exactly the same as India; staff, service, people, management, language, products, driving, tradesman. It just has the look of the western world. It's the old mudguard theory, shiny on top, covered in crap underneath.
Have to laugh that they are going to import 'skilled' migrants from the sub-continent to fill the shortfall. Maybe that should have a roadshow in Mumbai for tradesman, that would open their eyes!

Henry Winkler
9th Oct 2006, 03:31
Heard from a friend of a friend that this is true, but a much longer term. Anyone have anything further?

The_Cutest_of_Borg
9th Oct 2006, 05:23
If it is longer than three months I hope they are looking at basing crews in Europe instead of Mumbai, or there won't be a lot of takers..

woftam
9th Oct 2006, 05:44
It is for 12 months with possible extensions.
:)