PDA

View Full Version : Is name suppression justified???

prospector
29th Sep 2006, 03:45
Two senior immigration Judges in Britain could lose their jobs after details of their complicated sex lives and illegal employment practices were exposed

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/judges-sex-and-lies-saga/2006/09/29/1159337309011.html

Why is it that they "COULD lose their jobs" surely there should be no doubt at all, or do they belong to an ethnic minority that must be treated with kid gloves and extreme political correctness???

flugholm
29th Sep 2006, 04:34
The illegal employment practices aside --- is having a "complicated sex life" a termination reason in Great Britain?
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

prospector
29th Sep 2006, 04:43
When it is indulged in whilst sniffing cocaine, which is I believe still illegal in Britain, then I would think it would be cause for dismissal.

ORAC
29th Sep 2006, 05:07
When it is indulged in whilst sniffing cocaine, which is I believe still illegal in Britain I don´t believe they were either tried or convicted of anything, and the person making the accusation, as a defence, was found guilty of blackmail. I don´t the charge, so to speak, would hold up in front of a judge....

The worst they could be accused of would be bringing the profession into disrepute. And since they did nothing outside their own homes, did not make anything public, and could only have covered it it by condoning blackmail itself, that would be hard to prove.

Or perhaps the courts and press should finish the blackmailer´s job and ruin them as she promised? That would encourage the next victim to go to the police and courts I´m sure......... :hmm:

woolyalan
29th Sep 2006, 07:22
I may have the wrong end of the stick, but, who gives a stuff if 2 judges got together and 'had a nice time' behind their spouses backs? its not exactly illegal, immorale yes, sackworthy, no.

The problem comes when the maid employed by judge 1 is an illegal immigrant, falls out with the employer, goes to work for judge 2 and finds sex tapes in the home, then blackmail begins...

The judges should have known that they were employing an illegal immigrant, mainly because if any other joe bloggs did the same, they would be required to know if it was legit or not, and if they did would be punished!

Mr Lexx
29th Sep 2006, 07:25
The bbc radio broadcast the name of Judge I on Wednesday night. Suffice to say in was 3 or 4 words lond with an inordinate amount if I's and Z's in it :suspect:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
29th Sep 2006, 11:48
is having a "complicated sex life" a termination reason in Great Britain?
I thought judges were renowned for having "complicated sex lives".

ORAC
29th Sep 2006, 11:54
Well if it was that or a penis pump under the robes in the courtroom (http://www.bubbaworld.com/thejudge.html).. :hmm:

Wedge
29th Sep 2006, 21:02
or do they belong to an ethnic minority that must be treated with kid gloves and extreme political correctness???

What's that supposed to mean? You're not suggesting that this has been dealt with in any way differently to the way it would if both of the Judges were white are you? As it is, we know one of them is Asian, that's all. Kid gloves and 'extreme political correctness'? Care to expand on that comment?

The worst they could be accused of would be bringing the profession into disrepute

Don't agree with that, as you know ORAC the worst they could technically be accused of is Possession of a Class A drug; although I agree it would probably be unfair. Nevertheless the Police made an example of Kate Moss by pursuing for a similar offence - although they stopped short of charging her. They could well do the same with a people of professional standing like these.

Having a 'complicated sex life' is an irrelevance here as it is not wrong in law. Whether it's immoral is another matter but irrelevant to their professional lives.

However, the allegation that the male Judge hired a cleaner, whom he knew to be an illegal immigrant, is a serious matter, particularly as he is an Immigration judge himself. The fact he happens to be Asian is a complete irrelevance.

ORAC
29th Sep 2006, 21:19
An accusation that...

prospector
29th Sep 2006, 21:30
Wedge,
Yes I am. When one reads of nonsenical happenings such as these.

Police to brief Muslims before terror raids": "Police have agreed to consult a panel of Muslim leaders before mounting counter-terrorist raids or arrests. Members of the panel will offer their assessment of whether information police have on a suspect is too flimsy and will also consider the consequences on community relations of a raid. Members will be security vetted and will have to promise not to reveal any intelligence they are shown. They will not have to sign the Official Secrets Act

Racist Rev Row": "A driver spent two nights in jail after being accused of "revving his car in a racist manner". Mechanic Ronnie Hutton, 49, yesterday described his court ordeal which finally ended when prosecutors dropped the allegation of racism. But he was still convicted of a breach of the peace for revving the engine of his 25,000 Lotus. Witnesses claimed he had been trying to intimidate a Libyan couple on the pavement."

The cemetery where all face Mecca": "Burial plots have, by tradition, pointed east, in line with Christian beliefs. But a council in the East Midlands has taken the controversial decision to position thousands of headstones in a new 4 million cemetery facing in a north-easterly direction. Christian groups yesterday expressed dismay at a policy that they say "marginalises" them and accommodates Muslims at the expense of other faiths. The Nottingham city council decision rubber-stamps a proposal by the local Cemeteries Consultative Committee (CCC), which claims it will give the new High Wood cemetery in Bulwell, a tidy appearance.' Local Muslims have welcomed the move as a sign of tolerance and acceptance'."

Not judges, but all dealt with in ways that do not comply with the wishes of the majority.