PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy tests?

cfwake
28th Sep 2006, 21:41
Hi

Having just booked my CAA class one medical, I am wondering if I will have to undergo the extremely unpleasant sounding strobe test to check for any signs of epilepsy. Can anyone let me know if this is a conducted test or is this the EEG that seems to cause so much controversy? I'm not particularly worried about doing it from a medical point of view, but obviously not being a particularly pleasant test to take, I'd like to know if it is still necessary - considering that I'm not anticipating leaving the UK bar a short trip to the USA (the OAT training programme!), would I need it for the FAA, or could I sign out of it?

I appreciate any comments, including if you would recommend doing it just to be on the safe side etc!

many thanks,
Chris Wake

VFE
28th Sep 2006, 23:10
Shame, it were good fun, like being at a Hawkwind concert but without the LSD.

VFE.

Hawk
29th Sep 2006, 03:14
:} heehee VFE..good one :D

Loose rivets
29th Sep 2006, 04:38
a short trip to the USA (the OAT training programme!),
Chris Wake

Don't forget that you will need a visa

Oh that's super!
29th Sep 2006, 12:41
Hi

Having just booked my CAA class one medical, I am wondering if I will have to undergo the extremely unpleasant sounding strobe test to check for any signs of epilepsy.

The test itself wasn't unpleasant at all, actually. I found it a rather interesting experience. The only unpleasant stuff was the sticky stuff on my head!