PDA

View Full Version : Venezuela

caribeanflyer
28th Sep 2006, 21:11
Hi guys!

Please I would like to know if Venezuela is an inhospitable zone? I mean do I have to embark a jungle kit for a trip in single engine piston.
Thank's!

Fulkrum
28th Sep 2006, 23:18
Depends where you are going, do you already have a job offer? If not... I would have reservations about going there, I was there in 2003 and that was for Caravan ground school, they were a little hessitant about giving me training since I wasn't from there, the people in general are very nice, I was treated with a lot of respect, night life is an ongoing thing, crowded night clubs and loud music, this is a bachelor's heaven, not to mention the beauty of the women in that country...!

Cheers!!! Let me know how it goes, I wish you well.

caribeanflyer
29th Sep 2006, 14:13
Hi Fulkrum...

No it's not for a job...I already have a job in martinique.
It's just to help a friend...he's a private pilot and he has to go to Venezuela for business..He wants to fly from Martinique with a Piper PA28.
Problem is that he will have to fly in different places in venezuela and he would like to know if jungle kit is compulsory...
Cheer's...

Panama Jack
29th Sep 2006, 20:40
I would think so, but I am not entirely sure. If he were to go down it could take a while before they home in on his ELT.

There is a Venezuelan aviation forum where people might be more knowledgeable and helpful. It is Volar en Venezuela- Foro (http://www.volarenvenezuela.com/vev/modules.php?name=Forums)

caribeanflyer
29th Sep 2006, 22:01
Thank's Panama Jack!

Fulkrum
1st Oct 2006, 21:59
Totally agree with PanamaJack, I personally wouldn't fly without it!!! Good luck guys!
P.S. Have and ice cold Polar for me would you? I would reccomend a visit to Zambil or the night clubs in "Las Mercedes", have fun...!!!

swilly300
17th Oct 2006, 08:34
I just finish about a year in Jose, Venezuela (puerto la Cruz) helping to build a new refinery (Hamaca for Ameriven, PDVSA). I wanted get check out and do a little flying down there, single engine VFR only. I could not find a FBO at the Barcelona, Vn. airport (BLA). No flying. I will have a new project in Trinidad near Port Of Spain next spring 2007. Anybody want to go flying down there? I would like to get from Port Of Spain to Polamar or BLA on the weekends. Maybe more.
Caribeanflyer, what are you going to do? I have time in a PA28 and would be glad to be right seat. Fulkrum, you must know the area, you are correct about the night life and the women, I like Polar Ice. Glad to buy you a beer sometime. PanamaJack, good advice. Do you ever go to Golfito, Costa Rica? I visit friends in Zancudo.
Carbeanflyer, I have other business locations in Venezuela that I would like to travel to. Maybe your friend and I can share expenes. The roads and traffic in Venezuela are terrible. Flying is a good way to go.
I sold my Bellanca Super Viking about 10 years ago, N8295R, to a guy in Mexico. I am not current now, but I could be in a week or 2. I would love to fly with you guys. Let me know what you plans are. Steve Williams

caribeanflyer
25th Oct 2006, 15:23
Dear Steve,

Please could you send me your email? I maybe have to go to Venezuela next week with my friend...
see you.