PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Air Direct Entry Captain

737daytripper
28th Sep 2006, 17:13
I am considering RyanAir as a direct entry Captain and was wondering what base would most likeley be assigned or does a person usualy get his choice. How long is it from start of training to getting paid for a DEC?

Thanks

Jinkster
28th Sep 2006, 21:53
Have you tried the Terms and Endearment forum - you might get a better answer.

Jinkster

God Loves a Flyer
29th Sep 2006, 08:37
Hey Day Tripper,

I think there are vacancies at most bases with the expansion at the moment (although I know there's a long transfer list for some places like Girona). It depends on where you want really.

You're paid basic salary from the first day of training. Sector pay kicks in after line training.

Capt. Horrendous
29th Sep 2006, 09:02
Sector pay (based on the days block hours and not sectors per se) kicks in during line training when the safety pilot is no longer carried.

captjns
29th Sep 2006, 14:27
Hey Daytripper... are you current on the 737? Can you qualify for the OCC program? Are you going to work for Ryanair or be contract pilot through Brookfield. The above will have a bearing on your pay and pay schedule.

737daytripper
29th Sep 2006, 14:45
Yes I'm current on the 737 and the e-mail I got from Ryanair said i would go through brookfield. I don't know what the OCC is.

captjns
29th Sep 2006, 14:59
Yes I'm current on the 737 and the e-mail I got from Ryanair said i would go through brookfield. I don't know what the OCC is.

If you want you can PM me with your phone number and I will give you the scoop.

captplaystation
30th Sep 2006, 19:15
I know of two DEC's joining within the last 12 months (one of who was only A320 rated), who said, Girona base thanks , or I'm not interested. One is already in situ, the other tells me he arrives in February. At the moment the market situation allows the tail to wag the dog, if you have big enough balls, give it a try, seems a good chance it will work. They will call you back I'm sure ,if not you can probably back-pedal and become Mr Nice Guy and go where they asked you. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

737_driver
1st Oct 2006, 00:12
Thanks Captplaystation,

From what I've been reading on here so far, I think I'll keep looking.

Cheers mate

737daytripper
1st Oct 2006, 11:29
Thanks for the responses. What base would provide thebest economic value, ie which base has the cheapest cost of living for a family?

Thanks