PDA

View Full Version : Another Hit on Staff Travel

zzzawakezzz
28th Sep 2006, 16:58
Fly Be have implemented as of 12th September a policy for all staff, other then Fly Be employees, have to pay by debit or credit card for staff tickets. This now adds an additional charge per sector for use of card. You cannot now pay with a cheque or CASH and not incur this charge.

For the legal eagles can they refuse cash as a form of payment.

Another hit on staff.:{

devon_guy
28th Sep 2006, 18:50
Welcome to the real world, they've been ripping us mere mortals with their card charges for a couple of years now, currently £1.98 per ticket for a debit card and £3.98 for a credit card. A stealth tax me thinks....

Dunhovrin
29th Sep 2006, 07:32
Apparently if sufficient people complain to their local trading standards about the stealth tax on web bookings it will be investigated. Keep meaning to do it myself and when I get round to it (after building new house...) I'll post all info here.

In the meantime I'm using Sleezy. At least they are honest crooks and don't vary the extra charges to produce mis-leadingly low "headline rates".:ugh:

hapzim
29th Sep 2006, 10:10
I have always picked up my staff tickets from the Fly Be ticket desk at which ever airfield departing from and paid cash. Can not book on line with e ticket as subject to load on the day with all and sundry inc freight taking priority. Not loking forward to an extra charge for being forced to use my credit or debit card.:ouch:

RoyHudd
29th Sep 2006, 16:40
I am an employee of a major UK Charter airline. What do I need to do to obtain Staff Travel? Is ID sufficient? Report at ticket desk 60 mins before departure?