PDA

View Full Version : Survivorman

Rollingthunder
28th Sep 2006, 12:16
Anyone else get this show?

They drop Les Stroud off in unhospitable locations (N. Ontario in winter, the high arctic, an island off Costa Rica, the Utah desert etc) with absolute minimal supplies ( 3 matches, maybe a bit of wire, some string, a multi-tool and maybe an axe). No food, no water. He's got to survive for 7 days and sometimes find his own way out. Good TV.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
28th Sep 2006, 12:28
They have a new series of that called Hardbastardman where they drop him off in places like Liverpool and Glasgow. Unfortunately though, it's not been quite as successful :(

woolyalan
28th Sep 2006, 12:30
how many hard bastards have been killed while filming that again? :}

Havana
28th Sep 2006, 12:49
Is there anywhere I can nominate someone to be dropped off ?

More than a few I would like to see dropped off in a sticky situation. Could be good TV

FLCH
28th Sep 2006, 13:00
Oh that's nothing, a little wire string a multi-tool, MacGyver could make a rudimentary lathe out of it and build an airplane to fly out of wherever he's at !!

Skunkerama
28th Sep 2006, 13:01
how many hard bastards have been killed while filming that again? :}

Nobody knows, the camera was always nicked within 10 seconds of getting out of the van.

yyz monkey
28th Sep 2006, 13:04
Anyone else get this show?

I catch it occasionally while flicking through channels (usually on the Outdoor Life Network). Really entertaining stuff to watch.

Evening Star
28th Sep 2006, 17:28
Oh that's nothing, a little wire string a multi-tool, MacGyver could make a rudimentary lathe out of it and build an airplane to fly out of wherever he's at !!

Multi-tool huh? He will fly back into civilisation and into big trouble for flying with a banned implement.:ugh:

Farrell
28th Sep 2006, 20:14
Ray Mears is your only man for this sort of thing!