PDA

View Full Version : Why do men have nipples?

atuk
27th Sep 2006, 22:08
Laughed at it when i first saw the question in a joke book..but then why huh..??

colmac747
27th Sep 2006, 22:24
Because.. (http://www.salon.com/health/feature/1999/06/08/nipples/index.html)

How do you know you're not head-to-foot extra nipples and we've all just been too polite to mention it? :E

:zzz:

Capn Notarious
27th Sep 2006, 22:46
Why do men have nipples?

So that the other half, has something else to stimulate when his brain won't respond.

Capt. Queeg
27th Sep 2006, 23:13
During development, we all start as just a pair of tiny little feet, or a feetus. All these feetuses start out identical with two XX chromosomes.

As the feetus grows, other parts begin to develop such as the legs and torso and around about this time, the feetuses with the larger brains develop a 'Y' chromosome (XY), while the women stay as XX. Some women develop a third X chromosome which sees them genetically predisposed to nymphomania.

There are all sorts of sex-determination tests for babies such as the Haplo-Diploid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplo-diploid_sex-determination_system) Test but the easist way is to just look between their legs.

Since all the feetuses started out identical, the nipples on the males remain installed but are not plumbed to anything. Doctors say it's still a mystery how it works with turning the other bits inside out to produce a shlong...

Atlas Shrugged
27th Sep 2006, 23:34
Why do men have nipples

I've often wondered about that. Other things I've pondered are:

How do people in wheelchairs have sex?
Can I lose my contact lens inside my head forever?
Why do old people grow hair on their ears?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

atuk
28th Sep 2006, 00:00
Hmm..so i supposed we could say that mens dick are actually 'Haploid' which is an overgrown nipples caused by XY chromosome..and its got some brain cell in it...

Saintsman
28th Sep 2006, 07:03
I think its down to forward thinking by God. Just like ears were placed on the side of the head before spectacles were invented, nipples are there in case men want sex changes.

lasernigel
28th Sep 2006, 07:43
I've got three,tis a good bedroom relaxing topic when they first see it.:ok:

slim_slag
28th Sep 2006, 08:00
Doctors say it's still a mystery how it works with turning the other bits inside out to produce a shlong...Women have a schlong equivalent too - if you haven't found it yet then you have a lot to learn about keeping them happy ;) Having said that, for quite a few having a large salary is an acceptable substitute :)

RaraAvis
28th Sep 2006, 09:32
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_093.html

:8:}

lynchburglemonade
28th Sep 2006, 09:39
Men I know love having them played with. Also gives a reference point in
the dark! :}

Parapunter
28th Sep 2006, 09:47
My mate Danny's got three as well. We call him Dannymanga:}

Foss
28th Sep 2006, 10:23
Ears designed before glasses, nipples designed before nipple clamps. All part of God's great plan.

I think they're just a temperature gauge. If they go hard, you should put on a shirt, because it's cold in the supermarket.
Hence 'Brrrr, it's a bit nippy in here'.
Fos

Solid Rust Twotter
28th Sep 2006, 10:35
Look a bit silly having to chop holes in the gimp mask because you don't have anywhere to attach the nipple clamps except the earlobes.:rolleyes: :hmm:

airborne_artist
28th Sep 2006, 10:38
Used to have have a lady meteorologist person at the secret flying base. She was up for a laugh, being surrounded by a squadron of aviators with an aggregate mental age approaching double figures.

Spring chopped and changed that year - as usual, but she was already dressed for summer. Time for a met briefing, and the heating was off.

She came into the room, and her nipples reacted, fast.

Wag from the back - "there's a cold front just come into the room". :E

Curious Pax
28th Sep 2006, 10:38

A wheelchair-bound friend, sadly no longer with us, used to tell me that one of the many attributes that is superior in crips (his words) compared to ABs is greater imagination in such matters. I didn't enquire further, but he and his girlfriend seemed to manage.

ormus55
28th Sep 2006, 20:21
my wife has a female friend who is in a wheelchair. the lady in question has a fantastic sex life with her husband. very adventurous. she probably has a better time than most ppruners.

where theres a will, theres a way.

G-CPTN
28th Sep 2006, 22:11
There's a 'story' along those lines, but I'm uncertain (no, I'm CERTAIN it would get me banned again :ugh: :=

ShyTorque
28th Sep 2006, 22:33
I've often wondered about that. Other things I've pondered are:
Can I lose my contact lens inside my head forever?
Why do old people grow hair on their ears?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Answers:

They use their crutches.

Yes, don't put them up your nose.

Because the hair on the head grows inwards with old age.

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

ShyT

Farrell
28th Sep 2006, 22:35
oh go on G-CPTN! you know you want to!

arcniz
29th Sep 2006, 07:34
Serious comment - but purely speculative on my part

Seems very likely that nipples, the connecting nerves and the various differentiated tissues comprising teats, etc. serve an ongoing biological purpose.

I would bet a round that they generate, modify, or consume endocrine hormones such as estrogen and testosterone - in both males and females - and by so doing help to maintain the metabolic equilibrium of each gender. Think of 'em as control knobs.......