PDA

View Full Version : HR Questions On First Interview

Sike
27th Sep 2006, 20:22
Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anyone who has had the first interview recently could post some of the questions posed in the HR portion of the interview. It sounds as though this aspect of the interview is very important... at least for the first interview. I have my interview in a week and fell like I haven't spent enough time on this portion yet.

Thanks!

monkeygirl
2nd Oct 2006, 00:55
Sike -
Are you interviewing this week in NYC? Good luck - we leave tomorrow!
MG

mrl979
2nd Oct 2006, 01:27
I had a lot of questions regarding my past. Why I went to college? Why didn't I go to college x instead? Should Cathay require a college degree? Why cx? Why not Fedex or UPS? What do you like/dislike about current job? What would your boss say about you? What do you know about Hong Kong? Questions about living abroad and more importantly what your significant other (if applicable) thinks? I was also asked about my lifestyle expectations in HK...mostly to see if I had done any research about the cost and style of living in HK.
I also had a lot of questions regarding company info. Destinations downunder, aircraft orders, 2005 profit, etc.. The HR portion in my opinion weighs as much as the tech portion, maybe more.
Be honest and be excited about moving to Asia, remember it's a HK based airline.

xldaddy
2nd Oct 2006, 18:39
similar to everybody else's...They focused a lot of time on why I left this job, why did you take that one? Why did I wait until I was 21 to start my flight training? Did my work before I started flying(hotel industry) help me with my future development as a pilot? How much money did we make last year? First 6 months of this year? Why not a US carrier? Why have we been able to make money when other carriers have not? Where do we fly in Australia? Weather in HK. No typhoon stuff for me. Why on earth would you leave your current job? You're a captain for a good cushy part 91 corp operator, why start at a new company as a SO? That was the bulk of the HR stuff. Good luck with your interview.

Sike
6th Oct 2006, 15:29
Thanks for the info guys. I just had my interview on the 3rd. I feel like the test (with the exception of 2 ?'s) and HR portion went well. However, I started the tech off on the wrong foot after missing two of the really basic private pilot questions on the test... HAHA! Should have studied the basics I guess. I managed to clean things up a bit after that, but there were still a few awkward moments in the interview that made me feel a bit uncertain about whether or not I will be invited to HK. We shall see!

Sike