PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Europe orders 24 Falcon 7X Aircraft!

Riker
27th Sep 2006, 14:41
Sorry if this duplicates another post on the subject. You probably have already seen this news item but in case you haven't you can read below. I have heard great things about the 7X - including that it is FBW. Not sure about the first delivery date, but this order adds yet another great aircraft to the NJE stable... I am sure current Citation Bravo drivers are salivating and looking forward to eventually some longer and more interesting legs in the 7X. I think NJE could be a good career alternative to Easy, Ryanair and some of the others out there - especially with more interesting aircraft and route opportunities. Flying a 7X one day wouldn't be too bad in my opinion...

NetJets orders Dassault business jets for $1.1 bln
Tuesday September 26, 5:11 am ET

PARIS (Reuters) - Dassault Aviation (Paris:AVMD.PA - News) on Tuesday unveiled Europe's largest business jet order worth $1.1 billion from U.S.-based Netjets, which pioneered the concept of "fractional ownership" of executive aircraft.

The order for 24 of the French planemaker's latest VIP model, the Falcon 7X, is the latest sign of rapid growth in executive jet travel spurred by security and airport congestion.

NetJets Inc., part of Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK-A - News; NYSE:BRK-B - News), offers stakes starting at $400,000 which buys the user access to a fleet of business jets of various sizes and ranges.

The company plans to offer the Falcon 7X jets to European executives through its England-based subsidiary, which it describes as the largest operator of business jets in Europe.

The 7X planes -- worth $40 million to $45 million each depending on the frills on board -- will be delivered between 2008 and 2014.

The order brings to 116 the number of Falcon 7X jets ordered since development was launched at the Paris air show in 2001.

Dassault Aviation shares rose 3.1 percent to 635 euros on Tuesday.

Powered by three Pratt & Whitney (NYSE:UTX - News) engines, the Falcon 7X can carry eight passengers and four crew up to 5,950 nautical miles and is due to enter service in May 2007.

Dassault also builds the Rafale and Mirage combat jets.

Boingy
27th Sep 2006, 15:31
Certification is expected early 2007 and the first 7X delivery is to Serge Dassault and expected around April 07. NJE first delivery expected in Q1 2008. With all aircraft to be delivered over a six year period.

Riker
29th Sep 2006, 02:43
Aircraft details (http://www.falconjet.com/aircraft/7x/)

You are one lucky person indeed. As these aircraft come on line other aircraft like the F2000Easy and GIV/GV may become more accessible to the lower seniority pilots at NJE and create more entry level jobs for others. It should be a win-win for everyone...

I am surprised that Netjets USA didn't order these as well... You'd think there would be a market for these in the States too given the huge amount of wealth there.

Can anyone guess why the 7X will make its fractional debut in Europe beyond the fact that it is manufactured in Europe and can be monitored closely here? Any other reasons for it?

H.Finn
29th Sep 2006, 05:16
Can anyone guess why the 7X will make its fractional debut in Europe beyond the fact that it is manufactured in Europe and can be monitored closely here? Any other reasons for it?

I can guess. The way Netjets makes money is using the huge wealth of Mr Buffett to buy huge amounts of aircraft. Then, in the long run, they only take delivery of the number they are able to sell to their fractional owners. Meanwhile, the production lines are sold out, but someone who wants to buy an aircraft may get lucky and get a delivery position reserved for Netjets. Of course he does not get the discount you would get when buying 24 of the product, or 50. Now it is probably the time to improve the results of NJEurope by letting them buy the 7X's, and sell some of the delivery positions over the coming years. So wait until 2014 and count how many 7X's Netjets Transportes Aereos actually have on the fleet...

smallfry
29th Sep 2006, 07:58
That is a slightly cynical view! Maybe, but how many of NetJets previous orders have they not taken all of the aircraft? One of the big reasons for the 7x order could be that Gulfstream cannot meet the demands of NetJets orders...

CL300
1st Oct 2006, 18:01
That is a slightly cynical view! Maybe, but how many of NetJets previous orders have they not taken all of the aircraft? One of the big reasons for the 7x order could be that Gulfstream cannot meet the demands of NetJets orders...

All the fleets the company did not need at the end of the day it is a fair game no ?

I love politics..:D