PDA

View Full Version : Naples LIRN

Low-Pass
27th Sep 2006, 12:50
Hi there,

We have charter to Naples (LIRN) soon, does anyone have a suggestion for a handling agent.

Also, are there any unpublished "Gotchas" for bizjets i.e. local procedures, slots, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

LP

EatMyShorts!
27th Sep 2006, 12:59
As far as I know forget about overnight parking, had to move out the last time. Otherwise you will do good if you bring your weather and NOTAM for the next flight with you. Maybe they'll have it there for you, maybe they won't. If not you will loose time.

J32/41
27th Sep 2006, 13:10
Try Alisud +39 081 789 6234

:)

checklist69
27th Sep 2006, 13:10
Naples really does take the biscuit as far as the "GA-Unfriendly" competition is concerned. Leave plent of time for everything, and expect to have to move the aircraft if you're there for more than a couple of hours.

My advice would be to go somewhere else. Anywhere.

'69

Low-Pass
28th Sep 2006, 07:04
Thanks for the contact the heads-up about the movement/positioning. It's got to be Naples but it looks like we'll be taking on fuel and getting out of there.

Safe flying,

LP

flyingman
29th Sep 2006, 14:15
There is one good thing about Naples though........the handling agent is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4HolerPoler
17th Jun 2009, 14:07
Have heard rumours that Naples has periods during the day when GA is restricted or curfewed - my handler doesn't know about it other than the midnight to 6am night curfew - anyone with a head's-up?

merlinxx
17th Jun 2009, 14:26
You could ask at [email protected] (That's EuroAloa at LIPE/BLQ)

Reflex
17th Jun 2009, 15:24
I can confirm Alisud have all the info you need.
From memory - weekends only, no GA movements 11-1300L plus another period in the evening.
Max parking period allowed is 3 hours.
A couple of new stands are due to be finished on the 'North' side of the airport any day now. Sounds great, but getting fuel on that side may be an issue as there isn't room for the truck to move around you on the stand.
The boss at Alisud is Marco. He's been doing the job a long time and can help you steer around the pitfalls at Naples.
If pax going to Amalfi area, look at Salerno (LIRI). V friendly and quiet airport - the exact opposite of Naples!

CE550B
17th Jun 2009, 15:40
Watch out for the Noise abatment procedure on Take Off. Lots of complaints and fines :uhoh:

eghi r20
17th Jun 2009, 16:15
Never Try a fast turn around here.

You will both almost always need a bus ride then a long walk through the PX terminal to show your passport.

Opps.........now you have missed the fuel truck. :hmm:

Delay the plan..............

dc9-32
17th Jun 2009, 17:13
LOW-PASS

You have a PM with a suggested alternative :ok:

Low-Pass
17th Jun 2009, 17:37
Wow, CPR & defib worked! Is this some sort of record for resurrecting a thread?

As for the noise violations, I'm told by those in the know that they're just about automatically generated to raise revenue and hope that some sucker pays up. If you ask for the data/flightpath records, 99% of the time the complaint/fine goes away. Just keep telling them that you followed the correct procedure.

Last time I was there (many, many months ago), there was a GA curfew between 1100 and 1400 but that may Reflex sounds like s/he has more up to date info.

Oh yeah, what eghi r20 said.

dc9-32 - right back at ya.

dc9-32
17th Jun 2009, 18:49
No problems LOW-PASS, here to help whenever you need it.:ok:

Paradise Lost
17th Jun 2009, 19:14
Well Low-Pass, did you do your trip in 2006?
Can only concur that LIRN would be very high-up on the list of "Most excruciating GA airport in Europe". In fact, IMO, most Italian airports are a complete pain in the posterior for GA, with passport and licence checks even on quick-turns. 25+ years landing anywhere in Italy, and I still get thoroughly irritated by them..........in fact only Cairo winds me up more! Beautiful country ruined by it's uniformed population!

Low-Pass
18th Jun 2009, 17:02
Yeah, we went there and have been there again since. Not my favourite airport in Europe, nor Italy. As for beautiful handling agents, in Italy (Olbia is another choice example), they seem to be good for one thing....and it's not operating a handling agent business.

dc9-32 may have a suggestion for an alternate airport that may suit some people's needs. I haven't used it but I would PM him if I was heading down that way again as it might save me doing this :ugh:.

Now, who's for a glass of vino rosso? :}

liftman
18th Jun 2009, 20:14
hi low pass, I am an italian pilot, my sujjest is to stay well clear for Naples. They prefer liners, and they try in any way to discourage general aviation.

Look at Salerno (LIRI) much better.

If you have any question ask.

Cheers