PDA

View Full Version : Birdsville Hotel for Sale!

disco_air
27th Sep 2006, 11:33
http://www.theoutback.com.au/images/Birdsville_Hotel2.jpg

Yes thats it folks, the icon hotel of the desert is for sale, which some will know includes the aero fuel services too.

Valuation floating around is in excess of $20M

any takers? :E

...disco

Pinky the pilot
27th Sep 2006, 11:42
Yair, I can think of a couple of ex Mail run pilots who could afford that sort of money considering their payouts from ASA/AN.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :E :}

Seriously 'though, $20M?????????????? As Mrs Pinky is wont to say on occasion; ''Lets be real, Boys and Girls!''
I think that you forgot a decimal point!:ugh:

disco_air
27th Sep 2006, 11:48
Nope no joke, this is from the current owners, the Brook's and the Fort's.

Well you cant put a price on iconic value, then look at the tourism performance and potential. Especially when there is talk of sealing roads into the town.

Realistic when i hear some $h!theap in Karratha is worth $7M :hmm:

Continental-520
27th Sep 2006, 11:58
Tellim e's dreamin'!!!

520. :8

Ultralights
27th Sep 2006, 23:07
hmmmm lest just hope that who ever buys it doesnt take the liquor licence and build another trendy nightclub/bar in sydney!

but somehow i doubt that will happen.....

20Mil?? i would believe somewhere up to 5

tlf
28th Sep 2006, 00:14
It was certainly an oasis to me during my mail run days.

Sometimes it was pretty hard to get up and leave :)

Kickatinalong
28th Sep 2006, 03:47
The pub is not a small operation, they have about 25 working full time A/C fuel - Motel - Chefs - Cooks - Kitchen Hands and we have not even got into the pub yet. $25M seems a little high, still if you want a drink where do you go?
Kickatinalong.
I have photos of it in flood, it don't happen often.:ok:

Wing Root
28th Sep 2006, 07:00
I was told that they've KNOCKED BACK $8 mil. You can't rely on one weekend a year to make those sorts of dollars back. Maybe once the tar gets to it from the Queensland side it'll be worth those figures.

disco_air
28th Sep 2006, 07:23
Maybe once the tar gets to it from the Queensland side it'll be worth those figures.

Thats precisely why its worth more than $8M. Qld government is sealing to Birdsville, only dirt road will be the track itself.

Interested parties include the owners of Kings Canyon/Ayers Rock Resorts.

Woomera
28th Sep 2006, 07:27
I doubt that would include the land title - all of Birdsville sits on a private cattle station, owner named above.

disco_air
28th Sep 2006, 07:35
Actually the owner of the pastoral land goes by the name of G.Morton of Roseberth Station.

777WakeTurbz
29th Sep 2006, 06:26
So what does this $20M include?

Hotel, Fuel Service... Airfield? :}

It does seem a bit excessive, i havnt flown there for a few years but i hear the races fly in has been dying down over past years, and if the drive ins are dropping too then can that price be justified?

morno
29th Sep 2006, 12:36
Is Roseberth the one we didn't quite make it to that day disco? :}

Been down to/stayed in Birdsville a few times so far this year, and it's still seeing quite a few people coming through during the 'season' travelling the track. Admittedly the races weren't as big this year, but the overall tourist numbers is still pretty good.

morno