PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet rostering

g stall
27th Sep 2006, 10:55
Anyone prepared to share the currently valid FDR at EZY? Would like to know on what base freedays are calculated and allocated including restrictions.

Thanks

A4
28th Sep 2006, 16:49
EZY roster is fixed 5 on 2 off 5 on 4 off. The 2 off come after 5 earlies :\

This, however, is due to change on 1st November (?) to 5/3/5/4 for winter 06/07 and negotiations are taking place for summer 07. Expect to fly 80-90 hours/month. A mixture of 2 and 4 sector days. For sector pay calcs work on approx 500-550 sectors per year @£28/sector for Captains (exact figures on www.easyjet.com )

EZY is expanding and need approx 450 pilots next year - 170 aircraft by the end of 2007. New base in MAD recently announced.

Lifestyle is the main issue and the CEO is aware of this. Having recently spoken to him at some length I get the impression that things will continue to improve but it is not going to happen over night. However there has been a significant change in management stance (for the better!) since his arrival. He seems to be a realist, possess integrity and determined to tackle the issues to improve lifestyle.

If you want to work for an expanding company with a modern fleet, dozens (hundreds?) of routes, excellent promotion propects (150 FO upgrades next year) then EZY is the place to be. You will work hard - but no harder than most other outfits.

Good Luck

A4 :ok:

g stall
29th Sep 2006, 10:07
Thanks for the info. It appears that EZY offers a significant better lifestyle than many large carriers with only 2 days off after 5 duty days. Is it correct that at EZY you do your SIM during your off days?

Grange End Star
29th Sep 2006, 10:11
Sim Days at Easy are NOT done on days off , but as part of your 5 days on.

Cheers

BitMoreRightRudder
29th Sep 2006, 10:19
Thats part of Comrade Stalin's drive over at RYR. Work on your days off!

We still do 2 reserve periods a year but I believe they are on the way out?

g stall
29th Sep 2006, 10:59
So where's the catch on this generous freeday rostering? I have difficulties believing that EZY is offering any presents.

Binder
29th Sep 2006, 11:09
Well apparently easy are giving their staff 2 weeks salary in the form of free shares .

Isn't that some kind of present?

Binder

abfgh
29th Sep 2006, 11:11
No catch, but you work hard on your 5 days on.

A4
29th Sep 2006, 12:28
Latest Pay and benefits from easyjet.com:

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_oursalariesandbenefits.html

Sector pay is not taxed at full rate - there is a tax free element. Captains typically gross approx £85k-£90k per annum. Loyalty bonus of 5% of basic paid as a lump sump every year from 2 to 4 years, 10% from 5 to 9 years and 15% from 10 years+.

A4 :ok:

PS True regarding free shares - two weeks basic salary worth of shares to recognise staff efforts during a "difficult" summer.

A4

Wig Wag
7th Oct 2006, 11:02
I have been out of flying for a few years and am interested in part time work. With 2500 hours B737 would easyJet look at an application for direct entry on a fifty per cent roster?

Kraut
7th Oct 2006, 13:51
You will not get parttime from the very beginning! In fact, not everybody asking, is granted parttime.

Wig Wag
7th Oct 2006, 18:59
As I thought. I shall continue with my other life for a little longer!

zzz
8th Oct 2006, 09:16
I am sorry if this has been asked before but what are the odds on being based in GVA from the outset.

cheers

zzz

hotel hopper
9th Oct 2006, 10:29
Sorry to creep onto someone elses thread, but it is related!
I have a couple of mates working for EZY at the minute and I have to say, they seem pretty happy in their work. I'm looking for a bit of broader advice though..... I currently fly longhaul for one of the big UK longhaul operators (6 years), but life ain't all its cracked up to be at the mo! Commuting is a pain in the arse, commands are a long way off, long trips with aged crew can be very boring, morale among the troops is dire etc. Dont get me wrong, I know there are a lot worse off out there and I don't want to sound like a whingeing brat, just asking advice!!
- What chances of a northeast base at ezy
- How long for command
- Is it a happy place to work
- Am I being daft by considering leaving my current job.
Thanks in advance!!
PS also have 4 years A320 hours.

Permafrost_ATPL
9th Oct 2006, 14:05
Hi hotel hopper,

Yes it's a fairly good place to work (certainly no worse than a lot of others from what I hear). The smaller bases definitely have a pleasant atmosphere. Giving you an idea of the likelyhood of getting a specific base is next to impossible I'm afraid. The main thing is that smaller bases tend to have less movements, so you'll probably wait longer for, say, EDI than LGW.

I would imagine with 4 years on the bus, plus some long haul, you'd get a command within a year or two if your initial sim checks go well.

P

hotel hopper
10th Oct 2006, 07:40
Thanks for the reply Permafrost. Would be most interested in NCL base. Any idea if its a particularly popular choice?

Permafrost_ATPL
10th Oct 2006, 10:02
I honestly have no idea! What you must also keep in mind is that after your command course, you'll end up at another base to start your command. So even if you start at NCL you'll have to go elsewhere for a while. How fast you can get back to NCL is anybody's guess. All I know is that small bases don't see much Captain movement, so it could be a while. FO transfers tend to happen quicker.

P

pumi
13th Oct 2006, 17:02
I have a different question concerning tax paying when working for EZY.
At which country do you have to pay taxes? (Home Base, UK,..)

Thanks in advance.

CouldntCareLess
13th Oct 2006, 19:07
Pumi:
It might figuratively take forever to soundly discuss the differences between the multiple tax agreements that exist. For example, I know about FUNDAMENTAL differences between your country and Germany in that respect- solely talking about tax arrangements of course... :E

Talking about rostering:

I got quite surprised that the contractual entitlement for OFF-days is as low as 104 days anually. However, considering a 5-3-5-3 or 5-2-5-4 roster pattern (which doesn´t make a difference on the long term), it rather appears like approximately 45*3 days OFF= 135 days off per year excluding leave and GDAYs.

Anybody of our EZY drivers community caring to comment?

Curious...

Just Browsing
14th Oct 2006, 07:54
Hotel Hopper

Newcastle is a Boeing base and is perhaps likely stay that way for the foreseeable future. However, I understand that waiting lists for Boeing commands are very short at the moment. Joining on that fleet - in spite of your A320 experience - could find you based in Newcastle sooner rather than later. Chances are, though, you will be serving your time in Luton )left seat) whilst you wait for opportunitities further north.

Just my best guess of course, based on the current situation. This could change against you though, since I understand there were several recent applications from Teeside based Baby pilots who are facing base closure. If true, and if they are successful, you can expect the waiting list for Newcastle to extend quite a bit.

JB

xlgboeing
14th Oct 2006, 10:10
Sorry to digress guys.

Hotel Hopper,
Very interested to read your thoughts on leaving a well known long haul carrier for S/H. I too am thinking along those lines with about 6 years served in the right seat and a good few years both seats 737, have you looked at FR or anyone else?

Craggenmore
14th Oct 2006, 13:33
zzz

6 new hires via the CTC scheme have just been placed in Geneva for 3 months but are to return in January. Its a different AOC and Im not sure about the possibility of staying longer... :} Apparently its rare for this to happen