PDA

View Full Version : AVIJET Farnborough

janusz
26th Sep 2006, 22:50
Advertising for Hawker 800XP and CL604 pilots.

Does anyone know any more about this operation?

Thanks!

bacardi walla
27th Sep 2006, 06:31
Where do you find these ads ???

Itswindyout
27th Sep 2006, 07:04
wallah,

you start from the back of FI, not the front.

on line also...........................

7-8k euro per month, captains, 2 weeks on 1 week, off, Farnborough or Iceland base......

web site crap, but great voice on telephone,

windy

jr of dallas
14th Jun 2007, 13:14
7 or 8k Eur based Farnborough.....that is cheap mate !

Gulfstreamaviator
14th Jun 2007, 13:20
the voice is fantastic in person.....

Islandic blood......works wonders....

glf

FerrypilotDK
25th Jun 2007, 04:51
It is promised to be more like 8000 euros/month, and they are working towards 14/14, which means you can work a day job, if you like!

:D

hoopla
25th Jun 2007, 08:24
website bit basic and the C-604 sitting at LBAS Berlin in April,

FerrypilotDK
24th Jan 2008, 00:17
Website IS basic but there are in fact 3 604s and none of them are sitting very much!

Inspiron
27th Jan 2008, 10:07
From what I've heard and experienced in the past Avijet is an air club, with not much rules: Ready? Go! Not ready? Still go! Long duties, I am talking very long duties! But, quick upgrades! 300 h on the machine and you are commander!
So if you are looking for a free type rating or a quick upgrade, go for it! You will always find the reason to leave this company without staining your reputation. But remember, two SIC's in the cockpit is not violating air club's rules, happened before! :mad:

FerrypilotDK
18th Feb 2008, 14:54
There are so many reasons to complain about a company and an employer.. . it hardly requires fantasy. The hotels they put us in are too close to the airport, or too far away...we don=t want a rental car, because it is too hard to find our way, and there is no parking.......we DO want a rental car, as the taxis are too expensive and we don•t get to see anything. The hotels are boring, it would be nice to have crew flats....the crew flats are terrible, can we have hotelrooms??? You get the picture? So letīs see......long duty days. I am certain that this can occur sometimes, but there have been 14 day duty periods with no flights. You cannot save up your rest, but it is not as if you are working long days continuously. If the duty day is too long as per safety reasons, then the crew need only inform operations and a solution will be found. How difficult is that? 300 hours and commander? I happen to know of a major airframe manufacturer that sends customer support captains out who have had 10 hours in the aircraft(!) When is the magic number? I know 17000 hour captains that I wouldnīt trust in a pram and 1000 hour first officers that I would trust to fly my family. I had a fellow ask me for work once. I told him that he was not qualified. He said, "I have 2500 hours!" I said, no....you have 1 hour, 2500 times! He was applying for a job flying aircraft from North America to India and Africa, while his 2500 hours was in a commuter Jetstream between two cities.... So if there are criticisms, and there are rightful ones, then come with them. But insinuations do not help anyone. One time off situations, that happen, and get immediately corrected, are not cause for perpetual complaint. Making a mistake in the cockpit is not a problem, but how one responds to the mistake, heh? You might have figured out, that I actually work for these people and while it is not perfect, it is far better than some of the operations I have seen. I have never been frightened here, and each time I have had a concern, it has been addressed. Communications are not perfect, but heh! Where does that happen? So slower we can make it better. If we do not have the patience for that, then we leave. Free market and plenty of places for the disenchanted.

FerrypilotDK
16th Apr 2008, 23:08
......I have given it my best....and have joined the disenchanted.........

youngskywalker
17th Apr 2008, 09:12
Oh dear, what have they done? I was considering this company as I liked the idea of the fixed roster.

FerrypilotDK
18th Apr 2008, 05:53
see your PMs Luke!

CaptWUFF
9th Sep 2008, 17:22
im thinking about joining, got any info? PME ME PLEASE!

Flintstone
9th Sep 2008, 18:18
CaptWUFF.

Are you type rated? What sort of experience do you have?

Classyflyer
11th Sep 2008, 18:57
Also do they work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off in Reykjavik, Iceland?

LRdriver III
12th Sep 2008, 09:34
if you enjoy being yelled at by amateurs and ruled by aggression and fear.. then go right ahead and apply. Many of us have tried to make it work, but the half ass aero-club that it is just wont have it. Its one guys private train set and abuses your trust and goodwill as a pilot by lies and deceit. Woe betide you if you decide to call it a day with crew duty fatigue or refuse dry runway fuel loads on a wet overcast cold day.(NO fuel stops permitted.. what will pax think?) Audacity to divert?? you did that on purpose!!

Many strong captains have shown up, laughed and left, even the nut jobs have thrown the towel in. Crew flats where you live like battery hens and no flying, crap crew moral also add to the fun. Besides the iceberg that is the icelandic economy and thus the ONLY customers, is melting away under their feet.

Cabin attendants are ruled by fear and intimidation, only inexperienced ones get hired as the pros are too wise, and hence too demanding for the company to handle ("Training?? you want training? what for?..chances are remote anything happens")

Caveat Emptor

But oh yea, its private VP-reg.. so everything is LEGAL :E

Having said that, there are some good folk still there in ops working despite the eastern block cold war command structure , the pilots are good with stick and rudder skills as you fly in and out of BIRK in pretty hostile conditions. and the party scene is wild (but expensive).

250 til the marker!

Flintstone
12th Sep 2008, 14:15
I flew with one of their guys once. A gentleman of semi-exotic origin. CRM?

http://www.onemanband.org/omb-photo/busker-one-man-band.jpg

I may as well have not been there at all.:rolleyes:

CaptWUFF
20th Sep 2008, 14:31
800 TT and rated on 604 (300hrs on type). My friend use to work there....they gave him 2 on 2 off...but i believe now they are saying 2 on 1 off! who would do that....iceland? 2 week son 2 off ill do it!

C-Wuff

CaptWUFF
22nd Sep 2008, 21:19
Looks like the may be selling the Iceland Aircraft...They have it listed for sale on their website....so maybe equals they are!

FerrypilotDK
16th Oct 2008, 23:27
Read what LRdriver writes. It is accurate! We tried, we failed and no one else will do better, as they do not listen to experienced people. Besides the Icelandic economy is in melt-down and the chances of any of those aircraft being based there 6 months from now are minute!

Forget them!