PDA

View Full Version : Plane Stupid Invade EMA

ShotOne
26th Sep 2006, 17:37
A group of 27 protestors from plane stupid (the name of the organisation not the writers opinion) cut their way into Nottingham East Mids Airport (EMA) on Sun. They then proceeded to hold a memorial service in aid of "people displaced by hurricanes cause by global warming". Apparently they aren't aware said hurricanes have been going on for hundreds of millions of years before the Wright bro's did their stuff.

df1
26th Sep 2006, 17:44
thats why they'e called plane stupid!!

angelorange
26th Sep 2006, 17:53
How did the protestors get there?

Walk? Cycle? or perhaps by car???!!!!

Easy target aviation!

DC-10 Levo
26th Sep 2006, 18:20
Picture available on their website:

http://www.planestupid.com/

howflytrg
26th Sep 2006, 18:55
What a bunch of stupid T:mad: T's. Just to think our taxes pay for the education of the next bunch of inbred hippy idiots!!!! :ugh:

What next......"Stop the Hydrogendioxide campaign!!! This renagade substance is slowly invading the shores of continents worldwide swallowing dry land in it's path". MUPPETS!

I wonder how much wacky backy is needed to be smoked before pulling a stunt like that?:confused:

Anywho a bit of jet blast might knock some sence into them..........:E

Piltdown Man
26th Sep 2006, 20:07
And I suppose that while we are at it, we'll ignore the effect upon the environment due to the growth in fossil fuel burning by the World's emerging economies. But the trouble is, these people do have a vote and there are enough "green" politicians who are prepared to try and buy it. Fortunately, their thinking is not joined up well enough to well enough for them to get a real say - so far! Hope they choke on their macramé.

Dan Air 87
26th Sep 2006, 20:15
What is needed is a very low and noisy flypast over them with a 727 or 747 or failing that a Tu 154. They are quite out of order. I bet that they eat food that is imported via air freight. So what are they going to do? Only consume goods that have been brought in by sea? Even that is not clean anymore. Maybe the Bingo hall was closed for the day and they had to go somewhere.

High Wing Drifter
26th Sep 2006, 20:20
And I suppose that while we are at it, we'll ignore the effect upon the environment due to the growth in fossil fuel burning by the World's emerging economies
I think irony is that with regard to India (and probably China) is that they show more progressive tendancies with regard to energy resource probably because of the lack of legacy influence (mental and infrastructure). India has been invensting heavily in Nuclear and Hydroelectric whilst we developed nations are still arguing that we should never have closed the coal mines.

But to get to the point, we need to realise that aviation must remain under constant pressure to maintain the drive for efficiency and noise reduction (same for all forms of travel). That pressure comes from different groups from the fundementally clueless Plane Stupid, through NIMBYs to basic good old economics. The single issue green ticket is a fundementally rational element of the political and social dialectic.

TheSailor
26th Sep 2006, 21:28
Hello,

The global warming effect on the earth..is a global problem....and not only a aviation (military or civilian) problem... and ask for global responses..
Anyways...the facts are there...but if this is no a quick answer or solutions...it's not very important.... http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/pup.gif
The earth will reset all and continue to run as predicted by the astrophysicians as far they know...... http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/8/wink3.gif
Just a little difference however....the human specie..will be no more witness of those natural events..... http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/pleased.gif

Regards. http://photobucket.com/albums/v509/Bebermaur/th_bye.gif

ShotOne
26th Sep 2006, 22:23
the trouble is that these folks have grabbed the agenda to the extent that some people actually think that airline flights are causing hurricanes. Perhaps we're just too much of a soft target.

threegreenlights
26th Sep 2006, 22:30
We may as well face facts:ugh: As unpalatable as that may be for some.
The Environmental Revolution has been upon us since the '70's and is gaining strength - because the planet IS becoming more polluted and the climate IS changing for the worse - even the Chief UK Scientist has warned about the dangers we all face.
We can be rude - slur - ridicule - make inane comments about the 'hippies' 'Greenies' etc. However there is a rising groundswell of informed public opinion worldwide that we must change lifestyles, attitudes and work together towards more environmental sustainability.
Presumably as members of the human race, many with children and grandchildren - we would prefer not to emulate Lemmings but rather add our voice and actions to the efforts being made to intelligently solve the planet's problems.:ok:
For some of you though, it seems the cliff is beckoning.............:sad:

howflytrg
26th Sep 2006, 22:50
I say pump more CO2 into the atmosphere. A lot of scientists are claiming we are over due another ice age. Frankly the UK is cold enougth as it is! And the South Downs don't look like they will have much ski resort potential, even if they are covered a few feet thick. :bored:

Jerricho
27th Sep 2006, 01:37
A lot of scientists are claiming we are over due another ice age

HOLY SH*T.

You mean there has been climate change BEFORE?!??!??!

NutLoose
27th Sep 2006, 01:56
From what I heard, they are being prosecuted to the fullest extent, their homes were raided and they spent two nights in the cells :D

They blocked them off on the taxiway with fire engines, a good squirt of high pressure foam would of shifted em in my opinion.. :ok:

Cough Cough.... I have pictures :rolleyes:

COPYRIGHTED OK If you are a newspaper go steal elsewhere you lowlife..:oh:

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/aircraftphoto/East_Midlands__Runway_Protest.jpg

Midland 331
27th Sep 2006, 10:26
Apparently, "bovine flatulence" is a major contributor to "global warming".

Maybe these same folks should picket the rear end of their nearest Freisian.

And monitor emissions...

r

Harrier46
27th Sep 2006, 11:09
Apparently, "bovine flatulence" is a major contributor to "global warming".

Maybe these same folks should picket the rear end of their nearest Freisian.

And monitor emissions...

I like your style M331, nice to see bullsh*t put to good use for once.