PDA

View Full Version : MAM

mooguy
26th Sep 2006, 13:46
:confused: Hi again Guys

I am one of the many who got interviewed almost a month ago with MAM in perth, re QF casual positons.

They have completed my sec check, rung me up several times re ref checks-which so far to my knowledge have come good, and my medical has passed........so what the hell next?!!

There is a nice lady in the office called Jacqueline that I've been in contact with, but there may be another job offer for me, and seeing as MAM -whenever I ring them could only tell me I was one among million poor souls waiting for news..............what do do?????????

Its just frustrating, as I've spent a skinload on medicals, had to redo RSA, not to mention First Aid, repeat of Audiogram, repeat of urine screening- all at my own expense, language exam, blah blah.......

iS THERE aNYONE ELSE OUT THERE IN THE SAME BOAT FROM PERTH, HAVE ANY OF YOU HEARD ANYTHING POSTIVE YET, OR BEEN GIVEN A STARTING DATE????

Thanks in advacne to those of you who reply, I really hope after such efffort for one job, to hear some good news. :rolleyes:

I guess, like many of you who have applied, no matter how much you want this job, other grass will soon loom greener?:ok:

mooguy
27th Sep 2006, 03:46
Yes-it does sound as if we are all in the same boat, thanks for the reassurance!

I guess they're dealing with tonnes of applicants to process. So for now I'll just sit back and take your advice and relax as long as I can....I have another tentative flying job offer in the pipeline, and if it eventuates which I'll hear about very soon, I MUST let them know if I will take it asap! Isn't it always the way!! :} I'ts overseas, excellent money, however I have done my time away, and really want to settle down home in perth now.

However I have a good feel for the MAM job, the interviewers were dead nice and relaxed- I actually enjoyed this interview- so hopefully we will all hear one way or the other soon enough.

Cheers dude, and good luck yourself:ok:

wigglewash
27th Sep 2006, 15:50
well im on the same boat as you (perth) but im waiting to see if the eggs will hatch :P

Regards,

mooguy
4th Oct 2006, 00:38
It stated " if your app is successful start is oct 06"....well that sounds good, it went on "Cant then? We'll keep you on hld. Cant confirm future pos R available. 2 let us knw U can start in oct sms ur name nw!"
Which I promptly did! OOoer...all a bit nerve wracking at this stage, my husband flies back to his job as an engineer in mid east fri night, really hope I get this training school. Ive an interview on saturday with Nat jet, and have another job offer.....but I really want the MAM job, so fingers crossed those of us in the dark will know something sooner or later!

Good luck to all of you in the same boat too:ok:

flitegirl
4th Oct 2006, 03:05
oh dear, they've resorted to sms! what is the world coming to. Good luck guys. My friend flies in Perth and says they are expanding over there so just sit tight and it will all happen.

wigglewash
5th Oct 2006, 12:27
hehe i got the same thing and replied to the sms...... :( the waiting game is really bleh. good luck to all of us... i just wanted to know if its really true that they have there Sh!it together? without rejecting tuns of people....like what happened last time.. shed some light anyone?

wigglewash

ahyi
9th Oct 2006, 02:06
I got the same SMS msg aswell. I am wondering what it really means does it mean that those who got this msg has a chance or what? I know they have started a class today already. I wonder if there is going to be more than one classes in oct? Does anyone have any ideas?

wigglewash
9th Oct 2006, 07:08
i wouldnt know the only way you would know is wait for mam to ring you. So just wait for them to ring you or an email. its as simple as that

Have a Nice Day :)

mooguy
15th Oct 2006, 23:52
I was delighted on thursday evening to FINALLY get confirmation that I was to start training on tuesday 17 Oct, they offfered me to start another ground school the very next morning, but have had a hectic week and there was no way I could make it....So, the wait was worth it as it turns out..yay :D

Anyone else in the same boat- wonder how many will be on our training course, oh well -all willl be revealed tomorrow I guess!:)

wigglewash
16th Oct 2006, 05:48
im being held back coz i have to redo my pscyh test! they will ring me back when they can LOL :P :ok: good luck mooguy! see all that waiting and kicking and scratching was worth it hey! :P

Nanock
27th Oct 2006, 12:58
Hi All,

I have a panel interview with MAM next week and was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the questions that are asked at this stage? Has anyone been through this yet?

Thanks in advance.
Nanock.xo

Nanock
28th Oct 2006, 12:52
Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about all the delays with processing your application. Hopefully things will start progressing sooner rather then later.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any tips about the panel interview? I have mine next week.

Good luck to everyone.

Nanock.

SkySista
28th Oct 2006, 15:54
Nanock, I attended a panel earlier this year. There's a thread full of info re: panel & role play, just search for threads since beginning of the year and you should find everything you need :) Good luck!!

1niteinbkk
8th Nov 2006, 10:09
Hi Iulia,

their site may say the Interview Process takes only One Day - but in reality it can take up to One Month or even One Year to hear from MAM to know if you're successful or not ......

Good luck anyways.....

PER210
11th Nov 2006, 06:47
Just wondering... MAM does casual flight attendants doesnt it? With that, how money hours to you roughly work a week/fortnight/month/year (which ever you know...). And what is the average salary? If you dont want to post it over hear pm me please. Im really interested in working for qantas. have been all my life. So, any help would be awsome. I have tried other forums but couldnt find anything reguarding it. Thanks,
Aaron :ok: