PDA

View Full Version : How motor racing should be

Mr Lexx
26th Sep 2006, 13:23
If I could be guarenteed this kind of action in F1, I might start watching it again. As for the guy in the car, he moves fast for one so rotund!

He didn't bump you boy, he rubbed you and rubbin's racing (http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-fight_260906_0800,00.html)

Farmer 1
26th Sep 2006, 13:44
You mean, you'd really like to see 22 Schumachers on the grid?

Jerricho
26th Sep 2006, 13:51
22 cheating assholes? Could make interesting viewing.

Pan Pan Splash
26th Sep 2006, 13:54
I seem to remember Nelson Piquet doing that to someone during a GP, then there was the Great Man himself, Ayrton Senna, giving Schumacher a slap (Which Schuey later admitted he probably deserved) and then old Schuey himself stomping into the McLaren garage to have a pop at DC (Cos he's not a big lad is he????:rolleyes: )

F1 the way is used and ought to be, I'm with you on that Lexx!!:D

PPS

SLFguy
26th Sep 2006, 15:49
The Nelson Piquet incident was with Salazar - Germany I think.

spekesoftly
26th Sep 2006, 16:35
I can remember Senna throwing a punch at Eddie Irvine after the 1993 Japanese GP, but slapping Schumacher - when/where was that?

Pan Pan Splash
26th Sep 2006, 18:21
Read it in a Schumacher biography, Schumacher conceded he had been a bit impertinant..

it was Schu's first season for Jordan, Senna lapped him and then came upon some back markers, Schu immediately siezed the opportunity to un lap himself, and overtook Senna, which as race leader Senna took great exception to, and proceeded to give Schu a clip round the ear after the race.:ok:

spekesoftly
26th Sep 2006, 20:35
Schumacher only drove one F1 race for Jordan (replacing the imprisoned Bertrand Gachot in 1991), before being 'stolen' by Benetton, much to team owner EJ's dismay.

Eddie Irvine joined the Jordan F1 team in 1993, and was involved in an incident very similar to the one described above. (http://www.themagicofsenna.com/senna/suzuka.html)

Pan Pan Splash
26th Sep 2006, 20:45
I stand corrected Speke, and of course the book I was referring to must have been SENNA's biography, I believe it may have been "The Hard Edge Of Genius"..??

You are correct though mate, that was the exact incident, ta!!:O :ok:

scran
27th Sep 2006, 04:52
Have recently read the James Hunt Biography.

IAlthough not in F1, remember seeing film of James punching a guy after an F3 race, and in the book it appears that Hunt the Shunt in fact punched several guys over his career after "racing incidents".