PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Bent at El Questro?

drshmoo
26th Sep 2006, 12:52
Can any of the current Kimberley Pilots shed any light on the aircraft that was supposedly bent at El Questro last week. Did the pilot and or pax get out ok? Will the aircraft be able to be used again?

Shmoo

ding duck
27th Sep 2006, 09:21
dr shmoo, was VH-WOV airvan. Upside down beyond threshold of rwy 12. 6 pob, all ok. from what ive seen it will not be flying again anytime soon

dd.

disco_air
27th Sep 2006, 10:41
I believe it was Emma Gorge, and in ol' Whiskey Oscar Victor. Aborted take off and overran strip. Dont know much else!

Poor old WOV. My first bungholes done in that one. :uhoh:

...disco

drshmoo
27th Sep 2006, 12:33
I wonder if the current CP checks his pilots out on these more difficult strips. Me thinks not....

RIP WOV...my first scarecan and bungles solo too. As far as emma gorge, WOV/WOG was favourite beast of choice.

Interesting to see what sort of load the pilot had. Good work that all got out safely.

geeup
28th Sep 2006, 01:30
Before you do check rides shmoo the CP needs to be able to fly first! :rolleyes:

Is Victor a rightoff or is frame still within "limits"??

Who is the Kachana pilot these days? :E

Delta
28th Sep 2006, 05:32
CP B M Is doing the Kachana runs.....:uhoh:

drshmoo
28th Sep 2006, 07:30
It will be interesting to see what AA have to change to keep CASA happy. There may need to be some more supervision from the CP.

But thats like a toddler trying to toilet train another toddler.

Now when I was at AA we were not ever checked into Emma G or Elquestro but slingair were. I'll bet they'll need to now

Taggert
28th Sep 2006, 13:17
Gives you a good indication of the culture difference between the two companies i guess.:ooh:

geeup
29th Sep 2006, 02:29
Now people lets not start AA vs Dingair culture otherwise we will have to look at who has damaged the most amount of ac (dont go there dingair) :ugh:

Anyone got photos of the remains of Victor?

Tiger 77
29th Sep 2006, 05:43
WOV has just landed back at KU, looks quite ok apart from being a bit dirty.

Taggert
29th Sep 2006, 10:47
Geeup,

Incidents aside mate, a companies culture starts at the top. If no one in a position (i.e. CP) has taken the time to guard against the possibilities of incidents and accidents happening(risk management), and they do happen, the buck stops there. At least something proactive is in place up the road. I remember many moons ago checking and being checked in to both ELQ and Emma. Sure, Emma's no Kachana, and neither are probably as bad as what they used to be, but doesn't everyone deserve a heads up of what can and can't be achieved out of such limiting strips?

Anyway, thats my rant.

:ok:

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
29th Sep 2006, 12:08
Wow, some really ignorant posters here.

Starting the Slingair / AA pissing competition will prove nothing ( Slingair purchased 4 new aluminium step ladders in my time in YPKU, Alligator zero ), neither company is Incident / Accident free, considering the high number of hours flown each year by these operators into and out of not the best locations, with generally green pilots, i think they are doing well for themselves.

Proactive culture, risk managment, did you read these on a brochure somewhere ?.

Both of these companies are professional organisations, "checked into emma gorge", are you on drugs ?, do you know what the route qualifications are for Charter ?.

This aircraft was damaged, it was not the first to be damaged there and will not be the last.

I am happy the pilot and passengers are OK, as for the rest of the inuendo, thats for the CP, CASA and ATSB to work out.

Enjoy the Bungles boys !!!!.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
29th Sep 2006, 13:01
Wow, CC thats pathetic. Atleast you're consistent.

Transition Layer
29th Sep 2006, 18:45
drshmoo,

As far as emma gorge, WOV/WOG was favourite beast of choice.

WOG always was your favourite choice of aircraft dude. I could never help myself having a little chuckle whenever I heard you on the radio in that "fully schick beeeeeeeeeeast mate".

TL

hair of the dogma
30th Sep 2006, 05:11
I was going to mention something that the PIC said once about taking off overweight eg "was happy to as long as not more than xxxkgs" but that would just be petty, as we all make mistakes me included

lemel
1st Oct 2006, 05:28
Hair of the dogma and anyone else,
Just so no one jumps to any conclusions, the aircraft was under MTOW (it was carrying some very light people) and the PIC and has been apparently cleared of any wrong doing. AA's CP has changed and is singing a different tune now that he has the reposibility. As for which company is better or safer... well lets just say that they are both on par. I have witnessed and seen some silly things done from both companies.:=

Riding the Goat
2nd Oct 2006, 02:07
Whats the deal with this Kachana strip?

Any one got details on length, etc? Or even better a pic?

low orbit
2nd Oct 2006, 02:41
katchana :rolleyes:
PNG pilots chuckling softly to themselves when they see the worst the kimberly has to offer....
http://file021.bebo.com/13/large/2006/10/02/02/2156555332a2156563309b796222922l.jpg
above:a picture taken from WOY on final whith a floatplane pilot acting as cameraman....