PDA

View Full Version : Wings Air Flying School?

chicksdigpilots
26th Sep 2006, 02:39
Hey guys anyone know what happened to the old Wings Air flying school? I used to fly there a few years ago and went out on the weekend to find the whole building missing!!!! Sure were a great bunch of blokes-anyone know what they are all up to now? And how about the owners-Barry and Ryan I think their names were, are they still in the game?

916senna
26th Sep 2006, 07:05
Wings went bust, guts were bought by Aeromil who moved it same hanger as rotocare near the freeway, then Aeromil bought/merged/amalgamated with PBAFT and shifted everything to Moorabin. I believe all the log books etc are at PBAFT.

THE IRON MAIDEN
26th Sep 2006, 12:47
I did my CPL there.. PM me and I can fill you in on some of the movments..

chicksdigpilots
26th Sep 2006, 23:50
Can anyone confirm or deny one of the 'team' was facing criminal charges and ran away overseas, supposedly Thailand?

BARON DRIVER
28th Sep 2006, 08:44
Yes it is belived that one of the "TEAM" has fled the country.

I wanna know about the other one? "The one good with the numbers"

chicksdigpilots
28th Sep 2006, 22:59
Yes it is belived that one of the "TEAM" has fled the country.

I wanna know about the other one? "The one good with the numbers"

Wow so its true!! Dont know about the guy 'good with numbers'-he was never to good with numbers when it came to my account balance, maybe the ATO have him in a minimum security 'holiday' house?. How about the instructors though-had a walk around the field and didnt see any?

THE IRON MAIDEN
29th Sep 2006, 05:45
O bugga... he did my Tax return one year..... Think I better burn those papers.

chicksdigpilots
2nd Oct 2006, 00:10
Bumpity bump

vee1-rotate
2nd Oct 2006, 14:17
not sure how long ago you were there, but the instructors I still keep in touch with, AS has gone to Rex, LH flying for Surveillance Australia, SA still in Darwin i believe, AB is around somewhere and and CC is with Airservices Australia now as ATC. PM if you wanna have a chat...

chicksdigpilots
3rd Oct 2006, 01:13
What about AB? What is he up to now?

chicksdigpilots
9th Oct 2006, 23:43
Can someone recomend me somewhere to do a BFR (either YMEN or YMMB) and the approx cost including getting a medical done these days? Thanks

BARON DRIVER
11th Oct 2006, 22:18
chicksdigpilots -

for info on bfr/afr pm me

cheers

susie
14th Oct 2006, 12:01
Suggest trying another school for AFR Wings trading off good reputation off PBAFT. Try RVAC.