PDA

View Full Version : SAS C/As on strike?

Crossunder
25th Sep 2006, 14:49
Apparently, both the Swedish and Danish cabin attendant unions are threatening to go on strike. Anyone who knows what went wrong? They didn't get more time off and still feel they should earn more than the F/Os? :hmm:
A strike isn't exactly what that company needs right now...:(

kelb
25th Sep 2006, 19:43
Hip Hip hurray..... what they actually want? more money and more time-off...nice combination I could do that also.Hopefully they do not try to get themselves out of the business.

Ladusvala
15th Oct 2006, 07:36
Pilots have their meals onboard most of the time.
Cabin crews canīt really have their meals onboard because of the short turnarounds and because they have to take care of the pax during cruise.

While working for 8-10-12 hours a day itīs not surprising that they want time to eat. I just hope that they found a solution that allows us to continue with effective scheduling.

Norwegian and swedish cabin crews has had reduced terms and conditions since 9/11, unfortunately that cannot be said about the danish cabin crews whoīs the most expensive on the globe.

Londonlads
16th Oct 2006, 19:16
Hip Hip hurray..... what they actually want? more money and more time-off...nice combination I could do that also.Hopefully they do not try to get themselves out of the business.

Get your facts straight!

Increased salary was not even mentioned in their demands! They required satisfactory meal breaks and not sometimes having to work as much as eight hours before actually being able to have one! They also requested for minimum rest of at least fourteen hours after any shift being longer than twelve hours, not being rostered longer than 42 hours per week (they work five days on, four days off) and overtime pay for any exceeded hours!

londonlads