PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a BBJ job, any help out there?

B737rider
25th Sep 2006, 12:05
Dear colleagues.

I am an experienced & proper B737 NG & Classic Captain with JAR FCL ATPL-A, FAA ATP who is seeking a position as BBJ Captain.
I am mostly interested in a private operator of for instance 1 A/C and NOT NS and/or Net Jets.

Can somebody of you help me?

With all the best regards from
B737rider.

EGBKFLYER
25th Sep 2006, 12:30
You haven't got an A320 rating as well by any chance?

flufdriver
26th Sep 2006, 03:54
That's a funny approach you're using to get some leads, if you end up with more then one job, just throw one my way please, been trying to get into one of those BBJ's for quite a while, but I keep getting these "you have excellent qualifications but we got an overwhelming response to our ad and we'll let you know" type of responses.

You don't suppose it has anything to do with my age

anyway, good luck to you!

Fluf

international hog driver
26th Sep 2006, 06:57
That depends on how old you are fluffy!

Dont worry I get the same response, when being interviewed reciently they asked to see my log book, I replied first or second.

The girl in the office blushed and answered "I dont think anyone here has a second log book".

My reply, "Thats fine, they just dont get out enough":}

I got the job.

chiaroscuro
27th Sep 2006, 08:05
rider,

geographically spoken: where's the area of ops you are interessted?

CH

flufdriver
27th Sep 2006, 21:18
You found a girl that blushed, fantatsic!

These days, I end up blushing listening to some of our F/A's talk and some of them where born after I started my airline career!

Now you have an idea how old I am, (still on the good side of sixty, but not for very much longer)

Fluf

737BBJ
5th Oct 2006, 08:40
Yes, age can be, but does not necessarily have to be a hurdle. The "problem" is most of the time the person reading your CV. An ex-collegue is still jumping around in a BBJ at the age of 64 :ok:

Flashing your second or third logbook can be seen as an insult to many GA pilots ;)

PPRuNeUser0215
5th Oct 2006, 09:43
You found a girl that blushed, fantatsic!
These days, I end up blushing listening to some of our F/A's talk and some of them where born after I started my airline career!
Now you have an idea how old I am, (still on the good side of sixty, but not for very much longer)
Fluf
Fluf you were born in 1966 (good side of Sixty) and you started your career at age 20 therefore the young girls you are talking about were born in 1986.
They are now twenty years old and you are 36 !!!!

I am actually right there so it just hit me that it doesn't take much these days to be the oldie :ok:

Happy Birthday ;)

Back to the BBJ job... Got a call from Contractair las month for a short term position based in the Kingdom.

flufdriver
6th Oct 2006, 02:29
I think you misunderstood the meaning of my words,

To state the same in a different way; my age is on the good side of sixty (just) I actually started my (airline) Pilots career at 31 and I've now been in it for 27 years.

As I said, many of our F/A's were born after I started being pushed around by Spey's, JT 8's and CFM 56's.

cheers,:O
fuf

PPRuNeUser0215
6th Oct 2006, 06:41
The game of words, Fluf ;)