PDA

View Full Version : Paintball

Spinflight
24th Sep 2006, 23:49
Does anyone play?

I was at the Welsh open this weekend, just over a decade since my last tournament. My god how the game has changed!

I was playing with a new team, most of them tournament virgins, up against league and pro players, and we got our arses well and truly handed to us on a plate. Great fun though!

The finest sport ever invented? (other than maybe cricket for entirely different reasons..)

G-CPTN
24th Sep 2006, 23:54
Does anyone play?
Many do.
I don't.

woolyalan
25th Sep 2006, 00:12
Yep Yep, great game, its like play soldiers :) and for some reason i always seem to be on point when heading into some bushes :ouch:

Foss
25th Sep 2006, 00:14
Used to play paint ball, by god it hurts.
Played airsoft quite a bit, it's like getting shot with tic-tacs. Well tic-tacs that are moving very quickly. That really hurts.

Tip 1. You can't hide behind a rifle in the prone position. Even when you're only holding the rifle with the mearest hint of finger on the side facing the other guy. There's a collective shout of 'look at that guy, shoot him'. Pain.
Tip 2. Wear about 14 jumpers underneath your jacket.
Tip 3. Don't leave the ammo you've just spent a fortune on in the car park. This leaves you vulnerable to lethal tic-tacs as you 'withdraw'.
Tip 4. If some loony bin squaddie says he knows how to clear a foxhole. Let him.
Tip 5. Through a mask 'arggh og hrrg de ank ick ick ow at urt' translates as 'would please try and clear that flank at your leisure I'm not in much pain, thank you so very much, good luck'.
It's great.
Fos

Jerricho
25th Sep 2006, 00:15
I used to play back in Oz. Did the occasional tournament, and let me tell you there were some hard core nutters about. Some morons would try and alter their guns to get the maximum psi/velocity for their paint. Let me tell you, you didn't want to get hit by those feckers (especially in the back of the neck, an old favorite as it's usually unprotected.

wiccan
25th Sep 2006, 01:34
Got smacked in the buttocks once [by No1 son] with an "altered" gun :{
bb

Foss
25th Sep 2006, 10:36
Getting hit on the back the thigh is not fun.

When the instructors decide to make up their own team and join in, run, run like the wind to somewhere far away with your hands covering your bum.

Fos mighty warrior

woolyalan
25th Sep 2006, 10:51
When I play i tend to have this overwhleming urge, when i see a marshall (wearing bright orange overalls) to convince myself they are on the opposite team and shower them in paint :}

FunFlyin
25th Sep 2006, 13:10
If you were up at the welsh open then it really will be a shock to you

But i hope you agree its come on leaps and bounds. Sup'air is one of the best inventions.

You should get yourself along to the Campaign cup next year if you can - now thats something special :p

Spinflight
25th Sep 2006, 14:39
Yeah its the first time I've played Sup'air fields, took me quite a while to get the hang of it.

The standard could best be termed optomistic for the experience in our team. Indeed one of the girls didn't appear to be able to hold or aim a marker, yet still managed to take 2 of us off the break, she narrowly missed me in another game too! Saying that two of the lads didn't even manage to shoot their own teammates out all weekend. :)

I couldn't agree more about the way the game has come on. Shame some git forgot to bring the snakes, I was looking forward to having a go at them.

maxman
25th Sep 2006, 20:18
Spinflight.
A team mate of mine (karting) was competing there at the weekend too, small world aint it!.