PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa, Air France or Swiss Business or B.A WT+? HELP!

J32/41
24th Sep 2006, 20:48
I'm after a bit of advice really.

We haven't flown business class before and are off to Montreal from Copenhagen in January.

We would like to go business with either Swiss, Lufthansa or Air France and depending on what people think maybe B.A WT+ as this is a little cheaper but not much (only about £400 total for 2 people). B.A Club is not really an option as its about £1600 more which doesn't seem worth it.

So, any help would be great.

Thanks

Phileas Fogg
24th Sep 2006, 22:24
I'd prefer to go economy on a direct flight, it has to be more comfortable, than sodding around in Switzerland, Germany, UK or particularly Paris CDG just to travel business class transatlantic, you're going southbound before you start going northbound again.

J32/41
24th Sep 2006, 23:12
We will be starting from Copenhagen though, there is no direct flights from CPH-YUL, so it doesn't really matter, if we go with Swiss it will be CPH-ZRH-YUL, or B.A via LHR etc etc.

manintheback
25th Sep 2006, 07:58
Lufthansa longhaul business is very very nice...(unlike shorthaul).

TG345
25th Sep 2006, 09:10
Another option might be SK to ORD and then onward with AC, depending upon whether you would want to transfer through a US airport.

rmac
25th Sep 2006, 11:51
LH and LX transatlantic are both very good services, in any case much better products than WT+, which is a compromise service which delivers exactly what it says.

To take part of Phileas Foggs point, if you were ex-London and it was WT+ direct, or business via x or y, that might swing it in favour of WT+. But your are not.

AF in flight service is good, but the ground is a total disaster area, especially in Paris CDG where they will lose at least one of your bags.

For 400 pounds extra, go ahead and treat yourself a bit on LH. :)

Kittycat
25th Sep 2006, 14:19
Hello
I see that Air France got by far the best business class rate though...
I am a travel agent, and just checked, and Air France got a special fare in January to Montreal.
I personally dont like air France too much flying economy, but bus class good!

J32/41
25th Sep 2006, 15:08
Hello
I see that Air France got by far the best business class rate though...
I am a travel agent, and just checked, and Air France got a special fare in January to Montreal.
I personally dont like air France too much flying economy, but bus class good!

Really, what's the special offer?

Thanks