PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail in China?

joe2812
24th Sep 2006, 20:35
The gf is off to do a stint in a Chinese school and she only has a hotmail account which she'll have to access via internet cafes as we don't think there'll be a computer where she is staying.

Is anyone aware of whether or not Hotmail works in China, as i've read in some places it is blocked?

Also, is the internet readily available to people without a computer? She's staying in Shanghai for what it's worth, not out in the 'sticks' - or whatever the Chinese equivalent is.

Any info much appreciated.

Saab Dastard
24th Sep 2006, 21:24
I don't know about Hotmail in China - but there shouldn't be a problem with internet access. My father has had no problem finding internet cafes in several visits - although you don't want to be allergic to cigarette smoke apparently! Sometimes hard to see the screen for the smoke, he said. :uhoh:

ZSSSZSPD
24th Sep 2006, 21:35
I am in Shanghai. your Girl friend won't have any problem accessing to hotmail, coz I am using it everyday or MSN messenger. There are plenty of internet cafes down the streets. I haven't been into a lot of them, but there are no smoking area and non smoking area in most of the internet cafe I have been to. try to have a pleasant stay here.